2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DETROIT – The 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV, debuting at the North American International Auto Show, is the largest member of the Escalade family. Combining power, size and strength with trademark Cadillac styling and technology, the full-size Escalade ESV has strongly positioned Cadillac in the large luxury SUV market.

The vehicle is 21 inches (53.4 cm) longer than Escalade, and that translates into more premium seating and cargo-carrying capability. It features all the same elements and features as the Escalade, but adds an extra DVD system with large 8-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.

Based on General Motors’ all-new full-size SUV platform, the ’07 Escalade ESV features new powertrain, chassis, safety and interior systems. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful full-size SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm).*

Cadillac ESV will be available in the summer of 2006. It also will be sold outside North America , thus strengthening Cadillac's global portfolio.

Escalade ESV has a sleeker, cleaner and more athletic form with improved aerodynamics while appearing smaller in stature. It is instantly identifiable and incorporates styling cues from the landmark Sixteen concept vehicle, including a more detailed signature grille, front fender vent ports and layers of chrome accents.

Details in elements such as wraparound fascias, styled mirrors and integrated running boards enhance Escalade ESV’s flowing design and bolster the refined feeling. All major sheetmetal and body components are new and feature crisp, taut lines. The sleek, toned look includes a faster windshield angle of 57 degrees, which flows gracefully into the roofline. This also improves aerodynamic performance to a segment-best 0.36 coefficient of drag, which helps improve fuel economy and reduce wind noise.

All-new interior styling is a cornerstone of the new Escalade ESV. The warm and inviting interior is complemented with premium materials and a distinct layout. The cabin also is more spacious, with an instrument panel that is lower and moved forward in the vehicle. This interior comes in two colors: Ebony and Cashmere . The vehicle features a unique instrument panel, instrumentation gauges with white needles and blue light inlays with continuously lit, white-LED backlighting, Nuance leather-covered seats, leather-covered door trim and center console, fabric-covered interior pillars, available heated and cooled front seats and heated steering wheel.

Escalade ESV delivers convenience with a new industry-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat, and a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button.

Escalade ESV also includes an available 8-inch touch-screen navigation system, as well as a DVD system with a large 8-inch flip-down screen. A segment-first Bose 5.1 Digital Surround Sound system is integrated into the new family of radios that play DVD audio/video, CD audio/video, MP3s and XM Satellite Radio.

A new 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kw)* and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)* is exclusive to the Escalade family. This all-aluminum engine uses v ariable valve timing (VVT) to optimize camshaft timing to improve low-rpm torque and high-rpm horsepower. The introduction of variable valve timing through the unique, dual-equal cam phaser is the industry’s first application of VVT on a mass-produced V-8 overhead-valve engine.

A new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. One of the industry’s most advanced automatics, the 6L80 features clutch-to-clutch shifting and has a wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio – including two overdrive gears – that helps deliver an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy.

A stronger frame and chassis support the more powerful powertrain and enable exceptional responsiveness and ride and handling smoothness. A new, fully boxed frame offers 49-percent increased torsional stiffness and a 35-percent improvement in beaming frequency, compared to previous models.

Larger, four-wheel disc brakes and an all-new Bosch ABS system help ensure braking performance. ABS works with the StabiliTrak stability control system’s new rollover mitigation technology. This software algorithm technology uses sensors to proactively predict vehicle “tip-up” and apply appropriate brake force to help prevent such events.

Escalade ESV is designed to be among the industry’s safest and most secure vehicles, with numerous safety systems and crash-avoidance technologies. New occupant protection features include head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows and an industry-first 360-degree front safety belt pretensioner activation system.

Escalade ESV comes with the Generation 6 OnStar system (with a one-year Directions and Connections service plan). It includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to emergency services to potentially dispatch the appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster. If the vehicle is in a crash that activates an air bag, the OnStar system automatically notifies an OnStar Advisor, who will check on the occupants and summon emergency help if necessary. OnStar also can assist authorities in locating a vehicle if it is reported stolen (ability to locate stolen vehicles varies with conditions).

Good question. It's the details like this that often ruin the sales of great vehicles.

[post="68667"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, go look at the SRX. chrome would be overkill there. the glass wouldn't be flush then with the body.

For the same reason the B pillar is blacked out, they trying to make the escalade look less trucky and more sleek.

if anything i would get rid of the chrome on the door. that makes the chrome below the front 2 windows look less out of place. Edited by jbartley

No, go look at the SRX. chrome would be overkill there. the glass wouldn't be flush then with the body. 

For the same reason the B pillar is blacked out, they trying to make the escalade look less trucky and more sleek.
if anything i would get rid of the chrome on the door. that makes the chrome below the front 2 windows look less out of place.

[post="68668"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I totally Agree with dumping the Chrome from the windows. I also would dump the Chrome from the Rearview mirrors and the big ugly Chrome around the Emblem on the back door.

Sleek and Elegant, not Gaudy and Pimp Mobil is what the Caddy should be about! <_<

Personally, I like the thin horizontal lines that the chrome trim creates against the black paint. The way that have it now though, it doesn't look right. I'd say maybe delete the chrome trim on the window, but add some that follows the door trim on the rear fender and meets at the bottom of the taillight.

I totally Agree with dumping the Chrome from the windows.  I also would dump the Chrome from the Rearview mirrors and the big ugly Chrome around the Emblem on the back door.

Sleek and Elegant, not Gaudy and Pimp Mobil is what the Caddy should be about!  <_<

[post="68671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A agree the chrome on the bottom of the side view mirrors seems tooo thick.

And the cadillac symbol seems to get lost in all that chrome on the back.

if anything i would get rid of the chrome on the door. that makes the chrome below the front 2 windows look less out of place.

[post="68668"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's because the SRX doesn't have all of its windows on the same body lines. :rolleyes: Escalade does. I also know the chrome isn't there on the short wheelbase Escalade, but with the extra length its absence is notable that the entire rear half of the vehicle is devoid of chrome while the front half is slathered in it. Is that not a pretty marked contrast?

If anyone else has said this, then I agree with them... but I feel the Suburban, Yukon XL, & EXT look better than the SWB ones simply because their sizes are more in proportion to the exterior styling... as if they've grown into their exaggerated features. None of them are unattractive, and I’d be happy with any of them if I were in the market for one. They don't leave their market segments “wanting.”

That's because the SRX doesn't have all of its windows on the same body lines. :rolleyes:  Escalade does.  I also know the chrome isn't there on the short wheelbase Escalade, but with the extra length its absence is notable that the entire rear half of the vehicle is devoid of chrome while the front half is slathered in it.  Is that not a pretty marked contrast?

[post="68704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

there is chrome below the windows on the escalade.

And i agree, it is a marked contrast, so they should delete the chrome on the doors. The already have chrome roof rails, chrome below window, and chrome along the bottom of the vehicle. If they put chrome the whole length of the windows, it look like the upcoming navigator http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2259337, not so smooth.

the chrome along the top of the doors, combined with the blacked out b pillar, gives it a nice smooth effect. Edited by jbartley

Actually, I like the chrome on the Lincoln below the rearmost windows and do not see why Cadillac didn't do that. What is heavy and gross-looking on the Lincoln is that foot of chrome at the bottoms of the doors. Take that off and I think the Navigator would look a lot better.

If anyone else has said this, then I agree with them... but I feel the Suburban, Yukon XL, & EXT look better than the SWB ones simply because their sizes are more in proportion to the exterior styling... as if they've grown into their exaggerated features. None of them are unattractive, and I’d be happy with any of them if I were in the market for one. They don't leave their market segments “wanting.”

I kind of feel the same way.... esp. with the current generation, from certain angles, the Tahoe/etc look kind of squished lengthwise... the new one looks better...

If I ever had a need for a full-size SUV, I'd have to go with the Suburban as in my mind it is the Real Thing, the least compromised, and the most honest.

It must be the contrast of color and the wall in the background, but the 3rd photo down looks like a photo of a scale model to me rather than of a 1:1 vehicle. The new 'Slade looks great, IMHO...but if I ever wanted to buy a full-size SUV, I'd have to go with a Suburban..it's the most honest.

Anyone else left cold by an Envoy XL vibe off of this thing (especially by the rear doors)? All that being said, it should find its way in this now-SUV-detestant (is that a word?) market...