Uh, isn't someone paid to watch for these...?

knightfan26917

As I've been resting (or restless, depending on one's point of view) since my gallbladder surgery December 30, I've had time to watch some of the Dukes of Hazzard episodes from Seasons 1 & 2. And, while I was watching a couple episodes from Season 2, I noticed this "glaring" peculiarity (among others, of course)....

In Episode 14, "The Runaway" (originally aired 01/11/1980), Daisy's yellow car dives over a cliff and explodes after the accelerator gets stuck while Bo and Luke are in it. That same episode, Daisy is given "Dixie", her Jeep, by the father of the runaway gal.

Skip ahead 4 episodes to Episode 18, "Find Loretta Lynn" (originally aired 02/08/1980), and what do we find ... Daisy's yellow car once again in the show.... At first, I wasn't sure that I had seen it correctly, but sure enough ... not only is it sitting in front of the Duke's farmhouse, but Bo and Luke jump into it at one point during the episode....

*shakes head*

Heh...it's these type of "storyline inconsistencies" that sometimes drive me crazy, even though I know they are everywhere...he he he. You'd just think that the editors/producers would be a bit more mindful of these ... and catch 'em.

Now, with that in mind, what oddities/inconsistencies have you spotted in TV shows or movies?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

most notable i think would be from a movie called equilibrium. there is a 30 minute inconsist key plot point, in which one character kills a bunch of soilders, then about 30 minutes later in the movie switches his gun with another character, which is used as evidence for the killing...it was not the best movie to begin with, but it does have pretty cool action sequences

I have the first seasons of D.ofH. and Knight Rider on DVD and I think K.R. has just as many inconsistancies. Love that show but that silly Turbo-Boost bullshit is priceless for humor. :P

I have the first seasons of D.ofH. and Knight Rider on DVD and I think K.R. has just as many inconsistancies. Love that show but that silly Turbo-Boost bullshit is priceless for humor. :P

*chuckles*

Yeah, I know....

Hmph...

Another one:
In the Knight Rider 2000 movie of a number of years ago, there is a scene where police cars (Chevy Berettas) are chasing a van. When the people in the van shoot at one of the police cars, right before the bomb hits the car, the car switches from a Beretta to an 80s Dodge "Charger"....he he he.....

In the Rockford Files, Jim's car ALWAYS gets destroyed somehow in every episode. Yyet in the next one, there it is, back again in perfect condition. I wonder how many '78 Firebirds Esprits they went through on that show? :CG_all: Edited by Turbojett

Follow this one that I never understood, even as a little kid: Michael Knight has an evil twin. Michael Knight's face was totaly reconstructed after a car crash. Michael Knight's evil twin looks exactly like him, except with the "evil" mustache. Wouldn't Michael Knight's twin look like him BEFORE total facial reconstruction?

In the Rockford Files, Jim's car ALWAYS gets destroyed somehow in every episode. Yyet in the next one, there it is, back again in perfect condition.
I wonder how many '78 Firebirds Esprits they went through on that show?

He he he...I probably don't want to know the answer to that Q.

As for the damaged and then perfect condition car ... I figured he had some great body guy in the background fixing it for him every time ;). He he he

Well, it's not exactly an inconsistency, but my friend Patrick has a great story from his job working at a movie theater. If you don't know, movies still come in four separate reels that they switch over during the movie, just like they did in the early days of film (You can see the switch time when an oval blips for a second on the top right corner of the screen.) Well, his theater played the movie "Soul Plane" for two weeks with the second and third reel without anyone noticing. They only found out because someone who had seen it in another theater pointed it out to them.

He he he...I probably don't want to know the answer to that Q.

As for the damaged and then perfect condition car ... I figured he had some great body guy in the background fixing it for him every time ;).  He he he

[post="69071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

but everyday? no wonder he lived in a trailer on the beach. :P