Keep up the funding!
Create what we dream of, desire to drive
This way we'll hold Buick ever closer to heart

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whew, glad to finally let that out. Hehe. I hope I'm not being too enthusiastic here! I just needed a way to tell people without the awkwardness of doing it in person. I'm weird enough as it is!!! B)

Edited by S.Myers

There-PICTURES! I tend not to do things I'm not iknowledgeable in, so no Haiku (yet), interesting as it may be. Why not more poetry on display here? Art is Life! Edited by S.Myers

As much as I love Buicks (and I do love them) I find it hard to ever create any poetry about it... and as of this fall I'll have a BS in English Education so it's not that I'm unsympathetic to the literary arts.

However a while back I noticed an interesting poem by Percy Shelley, famous British poet, husband of Mary Shelley who was the writer of Frankenstein (he was actually more famous than her back then, now it's visa versa).

Ode To a Skylark

I liked it because at the time I had my 97 Skylark Limited which is below:

Posted Image

Before anyone jumps out of the woodworks exclaiming how poor these cars were I understand. But the fact mine was a 2 door with a V6 without hubcaps gave it a lot more credit above the rest of the Skylarks... plus it was the end of an era. There were no more production Skylarks after 97 (aside from the few bottom of the barrel ones sold to fleet) so the car was pretty special to me even though it doesn't live up to the expectation of the original Skylark or the Skylark of the 60s, but a MAJOR improvement of the Skylark of the 80s and early 90s.

Edited by Cananopie

• 2 weeks later...
Ode to the Century (92): Where o where has my low fuel light gone? Where o where can it be? Where o where is my remote trunk release? O dang, Buick hath not given one to me! Where o where is my trip odometer? Where o where can it be? It seems as though I must write the numbers down, And calculate in my head as it's all up to me. Moving onto the Lucerne, I saw my first one on the road the other day, CXL V6... and I am so going to cry when I write this, but: I was completely underwhelmed! :( Maybe it was the color, Sandrift Metallic, but man, it was just like, "Oh, okay. It looks like a nicer Park Avenue, but, uh, BORING." I can't believe I am saying this about the car as I just LOVE it on the computer! Maybe I was expecting something a little edgier? Maybe I have to get a closer look? I only got to see it for a second.

Maybe it was the color, Sandrift Metallic, but man, it was just like, "Oh, okay.  It looks like a nicer Park Avenue, but, uh, BORING."

I can't believe I am saying this about the car as I just LOVE it on the computer!  Maybe I was expecting something a little edgier?  Maybe I have to get a closer look?  I only got to see it for a second.

I think the Lucerne is one of those cars that looks much better in some colors than others... I've seen a dark blue one and a black one and think they look great...but in Avis white it probably wouldn't look so good..(then again, there are very, very few cars I think look good in white besides '65-66 Shelby Mustangs and '70 Challengers.. :))

Something I just noticed (sorry if this was posted before):

Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="74382"][/post]

With exception to the headlights, I'm seeing more Park Avenue than Lucerne.

Paulie I think is right. That Nissan looks more like what Buick was moving away from than the Lucerne.

As for the Q45 Ven I just think it is way too boring to be a Buick flagship. Aside from slight differences with the lights and grille already to the Q45 you have a Lincoln Town Car

Posted Image

I believe Buick has far more character than that in their vehicles. Even the LeSabre stood out from that vanilla look more than that. The Park Avenue carried many similarities of these vehicles and wasn't truly praised until the facelift in its later years.

I definitely feel the Lucerne is colour sensitive. Black and red and dark blue are truly amazing. I feel the Lucerne needs dark and bold colours to flash its stuff the best.

I saw my first Lucerne on the road today.  It was tan, V6 model (didn't catch model designation) and a middle-aged woman was driving.  It looked nice.  Real nice.

[post="77610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Really? The tan V6 CXL I just saw I thought looked horrendous!

Really?  The tan V6 CXL I just saw I thought looked horrendous!

[post="77612"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I didn't really mind the color but based on pictures I know it would look better in a different one, especially red.

Alright, so I was contemplating starting a new topic, but I figured I'd just post it right here as it regards the Lucerne and peoples' positive outlooks on it. So, I was on Edmunds last night surfing through some GM cars, when I stumbled onto the reviews of the Lucerne, by average Joes: People absolutely raved about this car. I mean, there were tiny little complaints, like one guy thought the speedometer could be easier to read. Another said it was hard to read the heated seat indicator on the door in the sunlight. For the majority though, they were saying how they owned Lexi or Jaguars or Audis and they said that they were EXTREMELY impressed with the Lucerne, and one commented how the Lucerne was far quieter than his A6! One man said he was constantly ragged on by his friends that he bought a Buick, until they rode in it and it left them with their jaws hanging. He said the only thing he'd change is not about the car, but how GM should change the way people perceive Buick, as if they could get them over from a Lexus dealer, they'd have a sale (which is what GM is trying to do). So, it was just really nice to read such rave reviews. I believe after all 14 reviews, the overall satisfaction was like a 9.4? Something to that effect. As a matter of fact, out of the 14 reviews, only one person didn't like the Lucerne. He felt it was a step down from his Park Avenue. But I think he was on crack. LOL :lol:

Alright, so I was contemplating starting a new topic, but I figured I'd just post it right here as it regards the Lucerne and peoples' positive outlooks on it.

So, I was on Edmunds last night surfing through some GM cars, when I stumbled onto the reviews of the Lucerne, by average Joes:

People absolutely raved about this car.  I mean, there were tiny little complaints, like one guy thought the speedometer could be easier to read.  Another said it was hard to read the heated seat indicator on the door in the sunlight.

For the majority though, they were saying how they owned Lexi or Jaguars or Audis and they said that they were EXTREMELY impressed with the Lucerne, and one commented how the Lucerne was far quieter than his A6!

One man said he was constantly ragged on by his friends that he bought a Buick, until they rode in it and it left them with their jaws hanging.  He said the only thing he'd change is not about the car, but how GM should change the way people perceive Buick, as if they could get them over from a Lexus dealer, they'd have a sale (which is what GM is trying to do).

So, it was just really nice to read such rave reviews.  I believe after all 14 reviews, the overall satisfaction was like a 9.4?  Something to that effect.  As a matter of fact, out of the 14 reviews, only one person didn't like the Lucerne.  He felt it was a step down from his Park Avenue.  But I think he was on crack.  LOL  :lol:

[post="77853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How about changing the dealership experience for Buick customers? Since I've never shopped for a Buick I have no clue as to how it is. I think, however, a better dealership experience would lead to more sales. A cafe or something, you know?