LA Auto Show meet update

LosAngeles

Sorry if a similar post is already up, but I need to know. What day are we all settled on, what time do we plan on meeting, exactly what spot? I think we should determine it by what day Detroit starts for the general public. But I have a feeling it's after LA is all done this year. Who has that info?

Sorry if a similar post is already up, but I need to know.
What day are we all settled on, what time do we plan on meeting, exactly what spot?

I think we should determine it by what day Detroit starts for the general public.  But I have a feeling it's after LA is all done this year.  Who has that info?

[post="68209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, what I know at THIS point.....is that Turbo200 and I are meeting for breakfast around 9:30am on Friday, 1-13-06.

Then, we are meeting Croc at 11am somewhere outside the convention center on the 13th.

I don't know about anyone else.....but everyone's welcome to join our breakfast...or meet to go to the show.

Cheers!

I got free tickets, so I'm going tomorrow with my father and brother. I'm still thinking of going again on the 13th. It all depends on if I feel like coming to LA for that, then back to SD that night to catch the flight to Detroit.

I got free tickets, so I'm going tomorrow with my father and brother.

I'm still thinking of going again on the 13th.  It all depends on if I feel like coming to LA for that, then back to SD that night to catch the flight to Detroit.

[post="68517"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i got free tickets as well... i'll be there monday or tuesday...

OK, where are you bastards getting these free tickets and why are you not breaking the crew off? And Nick, read upthread....I'm down with that day and time if that's the consensus.

Where's folks talking about eating at?  Maybe I can alter that course, depending on tastes.

[post="68377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

feel free to PM The OC or me, and also post here ideas. We have plans to eat near the convention center, but we haven't decided on a place yet.

I got back from the show a couple hours ago. It was good, it's just that all the C&G debuts killed some of the excitement of seeing the new stuff for the first time. Anyway... I took some pictures, mostly of GM stuff. I'll post some soon.

OK, where are you bastards getting these free tickets and why are you not breaking the crew off?

And Nick, read upthread....I'm down with that day and time if that's the consensus.

[post="68629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you work at a dealership...

We are good friends with the owner of a Chevy dealership

[post="68661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

which dealership are you friends with the owner?

I got back from the show a couple hours ago.  It was good, it's just that all the C&G debuts killed some of the excitement of seeing the new stuff for the first time.  Anyway... I took some pictures, mostly of GM stuff.  I'll post some soon.

[post="68926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yea it does kinda kill the excitement doesnt it... ohh well we arent big investors here anyway...

Good luck with that, just don't get shot.

[post="68718"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean west of the freeway?

I don't know about getting shot, but they sure have a thing for breaking in cars out that way.

Yea...I think I'll be WALKING to the Convention Center how sad is that?  Stupid ghetto USC...:lol:

[post="69265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Being only blocks away from a spot (where you can leave your car at home) is a great thing....don't sleep.

"Sexy barfly grannies...."  Does anyone else find that picture entirely too disturbing?  It makes me want to run! :P

[post="69099"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That was the whole point. Took someone long enough to acknowledge it.

Dude...my knowledge for breakfast is limited to the Denny's at Jefferson and Hoover.  Not high class enough IMO...sorry.

[post="70122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would suggest some mom and pops around my way that I like, but while the food is good, I don't know you guys' "tolerance" (if you get my drift).

I'm good with IHOP with the all-you-can-eat pancakes, as I've been thinking on those since they started advertising them.

I need to get my bars up on breakfast spots....after 11am, I have a billion ideas, but in the morning, I'm pretty simple if I eat at all.

Edited to note my newly minted GXP status. Edited by LosAngeles

Well, on Pico, there's CJ's east of Fairfax, I think, and Nick's, west of La Cienega. I'm mad Jack's Family Kitchen on Western closed down; they used to have pretty damn good biscuits. So it's whatever with me....OC and turbo can speak up on what they know...and what about Nick?

Yea...I think I'll be WALKING to the Convention Center how sad is that?  Stupid ghetto USC...:lol:

[post="69265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And you passed up on a promontory with palm trees replete with priests and penguins and a panorama over the Pacific?

Say that 3x real fast.

With Detroit finally opening, I like our chances to see a lot more on the day we go. Switching gears slightly, do you guys like the idea of our show now moving to November? If we can get more debuts as a result, I'm fine with that. But while we've moved out of Detroit's way, what about Tokyo, Paris, Geneva, and such?

And you passed up on a promontory with palm trees replete with priests and penguins and a panorama over the Pacific?

Say that 3x real fast.

[post="70296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well...YEA! At least I'm actually in LA, not some country-club facsimile! :lol:

Plus no planes overhead 24/7 ;)

well...YEA!  At least I'm actually in LA, not some country-club facsimile! :lol:

Plus no planes overhead 24/7 ;)

[post="70371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wrong on the planes - they are about 2.5 miles south of you and their roar is somewhat relaxing -- at least for me

Right on the choice - I think it leads to better connections over the long haul Edited by trinacriabob

Switching gears slightly, do you guys like the idea of our show now moving to November?  If we can get more debuts as a result, I'm fine with that.  But while we've moved out of Detroit's way, what about Tokyo, Paris, Geneva, and such?

[post="70341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I remember correctly, I saw a banner announcing the next LAIAS from Dec. 1-10.

Wrong on the planes - they are about 2.5 miles south of you and their roar is somewhat relaxing -- at least for me

Right on the choice - I think it leads to better connections over the long haul

[post="70414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

When I visited LMU back in the day, I remember the jet engines overhead every 5 minutes. Drove me nuts.

Info on the Pantry

It's Fig at 9th. I would park at the auto show (It's 7 bucks and the surface lots cost a lot more) and walk up there. I'd join you, but I am at work.

I went Sunday. I have decided that I need to buy a Saturn Sky. It's gorgeous, and the perfect solution to the midlife crisis I will manufacture to justify it.

If you are looking for someplace to eat, there's the Pantry on Figueroa just at Olympic.

[post="71153"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I stopped just short of suggesting it, because it's too popular...lines out the door at all times of day.

It's up to OC and turbo, I guess....since breakfast was their idea and all...

You coming to the meet, tmp?

Hey, gang, let's lock the details in by Tuesday night. Friday the 13th, and I'm down with breakfast before that...what about the rest of you?

OC just PMed me and says he can no longer make it due to a work conflict. I would be down enough with breakfast I guess, depending of course how awake I am. I am really hesitant to make any firm plans in that regard in case I sleep through my alarm or --WORSE-- wake up, shut off the alarm...and fall back asleep.

Well, let's extend the lock-in to Wednesday night, and come up with a better day and/or time that the most of us can get in on this. You guys wanna stick to Friday morning, or go for Saturday instead? I'll volunteer that the weekend will be hectic with the amount of people there, so I would prefer to stick to Friday, but I'm flexible. So all SoCals: -if you're out, say you're out. -if you're in, speak on a day to agree to. I can get up with you guys, dip up there with a ladyfriend, or go alone and enjoy myself the normal way with no pressure... It's up to the rest of you, I don't really care one way or another...we can rack it up another time.