Sky Prices and standard features!

avant1963

Sky Combines Dynamic Style, Performace with Equally-Attractive Price MSRP of 2007 Saturn Sky to start at $23,690 DETROIT – With its combination of dynamic design and agile performance, the 2007 Saturn Sky signals a bold new direction for the Saturn brand. The vehicle’s price, however, shows the brand’s ongoing commitment to providing solid value to its buyers combined with an industry-standard purchase and ownership experience. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the well-equipped 2007 Sky starts at $23,690 for models with a 5-speed manual transmission, and $24,540 with an optional 5-speed automatic. (Both MSRPs include a $575 destination charge.) The Sky, available this spring, is the first vehicle to feature a new look that will inspire the design of future Saturn products. The roadster will be followed this summer by the all-new Aura midsize sedan and Outlook midsize crossover utility late in 2006. These vehicles feature the same, dynamic exterior design theme, with inviting, sophisticated interiors. “The Sky signals a whole new direction for Saturn as we dramatically grow our portfolio,” says Jill Lajdziak, Saturn’s general manager. “It blends the dynamic new design of our vehicles with a strong value proposition in its segment.” Dynamic Design The Sky’s exterior features a strong front end that represents the new face of Saturn, with a pronounced fender peak and a bold, chrome bar that carries an integrated Saturn badge. It has a wide, muscular stance with short overhangs and 18-inch wheels pushed to the corners for a true sports car feel. The convertible top folds completely into the rear compartment, and the clamshell hood provides excellent accessibility and reinforces the Sky’s sports car character. Halogen projector beam headlamps and foglamps extend the exterior’s sophisticated look. The design philosophy is carried through to the Sky’s interior, which is driver-focused with integrated controls and displays. Creative use of piano black and chrome finishes combine with available leather seats and technical grains to emphasize richness and precision. Jewel-like detailing on the HVAC and lighting controls is executed with tight fits, highlighting the attention to detail. Roadster performance The Sky also has the athletic performance to back up its bold styling. It is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, 177-horsepower Ecotec engine with variable valve timing and a five-speed Aisin manual transmission with a short throw shifter. An available limited slip differential decreases potential wheel slippage, increasing the Sky’s performance potential ever further. Other major standard features on the 2007 Sky include: * Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS and dynamic rear proportioning * Four-wheel independent short/long arm suspension with coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks * Air conditioning * Power windows, locks, mirrors and remote keyless entry * Dual-stage drive and passenger airbags with Passenger Sensing System * AM/FM/CD Stereo with auxiliary input jack for use with portable audio players * The 2007 Saturn Sky will be built at GM’s Wilmington, Del., assembly facility.

The MX-5 just looks like an 80's Japanese vehicle. The Solstice and Saturn are cutting edge styling! They will dominate the MX-5.

[post="66921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah I was disapointed with the looks of the new MX-5 too. Looks dated already.
The Sky should help out Saturn and its image should benefit.

Wow I thought a $24,995 price tag was sure to be the "base" model for the Sky with a few options like power windows, chrome rims, etc. Its almost too close to the Solstice in price but there is one glaring difference betwee the two, and that's styling. Not a bad play by GM in any means. They should have the market cornered.

Nice pricing and equipment! I like this Sky a lot-I can't wait to see it outand get some info on it-now, what are the colors? I was flipping through my calendar I got a while back, and I know they have Cool Grey (what most people are deluded to think is silver, but its really not), Coastal Grey (aka Stealth Grey/Blue Granite/Slatestone), Yellow, Lime Green-there's 4, now what's the other 5?

[quote name='Mule Bakersdozen LS' date='Jan 3 2006, 12:23 PM'][/quote]
[quote]Cool Grey (what most people are deluded to think is silver, but its really not)[/quote]
Actually, it's called Silver Graphite (#42U)

[quote]Coastal Grey (aka Stealth Grey/Blue Granite/Slatestone)[/quote]
Bluestone (#72U); it is not the same as the Stealth Grey/Blue Granite/Slatestone - this is a brand new color for GM

[quote]Yellow[/quote]
Sunburst Yellow (#34U); same as on the Cobalt coupe

[quote]Lime Green[/quote]
Forrest Green (#38U), and it's no where near as bright as lime green!

[quote]there's 4, now what's the other 5?[/quote]
Silver Pearl (67U) <---- as seen on the original show car
Polar White (50U)
Black Onyx (#41U)
Chili Pepper Red (#74U)
Midnight Blue (#25U) Edited by GMTruckGuy74

The SKY site has a thing where you can see it in all of the colors, the yellow looks different from the yellow one we've seen pics of. I've seen it in red in person, and it is awesome. Standard AC and power everything gives it something over the base Solstice.

Now I'm going with Midnight Blue.  ^_^

[post="66979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fine choice, but out of curiosity, has your wife signed off on this yet? I couldnt think of anything suckier than getting a SKY and losing it in divorce court.

I actually kind of like Bluestone on the Solstice, I dont think the color would translate well to the SKY.

Fine choice, but out of curiosity, has your wife signed off on this yet? I couldnt think of anything suckier than getting a SKY and losing it in divorce court.

Well, she's warmed up a lot more since she first went nuts over the fact I wanted to add a third car to the stable (and another monthly payment). She expects to drive it, and I said around town "okay"... but she wants to take it to work, where it seems all the parking spots have been made for compact cars and I've got two really nice scratches on my Malibu to prove my point to her (and the fact that someone with a blue car hit the rear quarter panel and left some paint on it - which thankfully was able to be rubbed out).

Oh, and I think I'll have the car transferred to my dad (same name, he's a Senior) before going to divorce court if it ever came to that! :lol: :P

all saturns are going up the ladder in price to VW and Honda territory.

[post="66990"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Considering Saturn's future, I'd say $23,000 is perfect. It's not that much higher and it won't cause a sticker shock when current customers go to the dealership to take a look at one.

Yeah I was disapointed with the looks of the new MX-5 too. Looks dated already.
The Sky should help out Saturn and its image should benefit.

[post="66925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BUT, if you can only have one car, To be practical, you need a trunk.
I LOVE the Solstice and the Sky but I could not own one. I would get an MX-5 though. May not be as sexy but it IS sporty and it is practical. Now if GM would just get that Nomad out the door, we ALL would be happy!

all saturns are going up the ladder in price to VW and Honda territory.

[post="66990"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

"I thought Saturn was supposed to be entry level with no haggle pricing and friendly dealers"

Now I realize what GM is trying to do with Saturn which is move it more upscale and be the import fighter that Olds wasn't but I think John Q Public still has my quote in mind when thinking about Saturn

EDIT - I do like the car I am just unsure of the direction that things are heading Edited by torobud

...but she wants to take it to work, where it seems all the parking spots have been made for compact cars and I've got two really nice scratches on my Malibu to prove my point to her (and the fact that someone with a blue car hit the rear quarter panel and left some paint on it - which thankfully was able to be rubbed out).

Hmmm... maybe Saturn ought to bring back the dent resistant body panels :P

I LOVE the Solstice and the Sky but I could not own one. I would get an MX-5 though. May not be as sexy but it IS sporty and it is practical. Now if GM would just get that Nomad out the door, we ALL would be happy!

[post="67028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, the Miata has a usable trunk, a 6-spd manual, and is about 400 lbs lighter...not to mention a nicer interior overall. As far as the '06 versions go, the Mazda has the winning advantages, I'm afraid...

Even as a second car, the tiny trunk is a deal killer, IMHO...maybe a luggage rack and bungee cords could be made to work (or one of those Thule gear cases for SUVs and bolted to the decklid... ). If I were to buy a fun 2-seat sports car, it would need to have enough trunk room for a set of golf clubs or weekend luggage for 2. A sports car to me is all about weekends...pleasure driving on weekend getaways (to the mountains, in my locale).

I wonder if the trunk on the Sky is any larger than the Solstice.. Edited by moltar

[post="67028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

THANK you.....

Everyone is creaming their pants so much over Solstice and SKY they are forgetting what a MAJOR mistake GM has made in not engineering a bit more practicality into the car.....(re...decent trunk space, a-la MX-5)

I guarantee it will be a major killing point with these cars when the initial excitement wears off....(a-la the last Toyota MR-2)

I keep harping on this because I LOVE the cars.......but can NEVER or will NEVER buy one because I can't carry ANYTHING in the trunk with the top down....not luggage, not groceries, not anything (well maybe something....whatever will fit into an irregularly-shaped 0.9 cu/ft.)

In fact, a Solstice GXP would be AWESOME.....and maybe even a much better value than my C6.....but it would never work for me because of that one fact.

Agreed about the trunk space, but I don't think that many people buy any type of roadster with the intent of using it everyday for all their needs. My uncle has a Miata and he occasional takes it to the golf course, but he also has a Mustang Cobra convert and other vehicles if he needs more room.

I "cream my pants" becuase I own the Solstice. I'm 21 and will be 22 I do live at home still but I do take very good care of my nephew & buy him things at the store. Basically, my Solstice ran me just over $21k after tax, title, license, etc. I think it's right for me to "cream in my pants" for a car I've had one month yet have just about 500 miles on it...

Creaming your pants is good anytime. I didn't know you were that young, Josh. Congratulations on the purchase (meant to tell you that a while ago) but it means a lot more when you're young and have to work your ass off to get what you want and show everyone else you can obtain it with hard work.

I'm seriously considering a Sky redline. It sounds like the engine should easily support 300hp, and with a turbo it shouldnt be to hard to get there. Hopefully the turbo spooling will drown out the sound of the 4cyl. Trunk space isnt an issue for me at all. I cant even remember the last thing I put in my trunk. I honestly dont even like to have things in my trunk. So if the Sky is basically a Solstice with a few options, and priced like one too, what would the Sky redline's price be? $28,000-$29,000?

Thanks for posting the colors GMTruckGuy74! I'll have to take a look on the site myself-that Chili Pepper Red sounds hot too. And how about a Sky Green Line? Combine the VUE Green Line's powertrain onto a hot sports car, and whaddaya get? Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

ya I think the light blue is great, the side markers kind of ruin it though. Sky pricing will make this the most appealing Saturn to have ever been made, thus far, and irresistable to people. I can see it selling the same as Solstice. The design has made it a lot more appealing than the Solstice in my eyes already. Trunk space is a serious issue, though.

moltar- I conceed your point about the trunk space- you are right there (meant to go back to the other thread where we debated that briefly). I still believe the Solstice will outsell the mx-5, tho; the better manners & killer looks being the reasons. Josh- I welcome your opinions on the cargo volume in your Solstice- obviously it wasn't a deal-breaker for you, but how much of an inconvenience is it?

Oh I thought Chili Pepper Red was a different hue for some reason-that 74U code is Victory Red (red-orange, non-metallic), and in GMC's case, Fire Red (a good one to apply for Pontiac's).

Agreed about the trunk space, but I don't think that many people buy any type of roadster with the intent of using it everyday for all their needs. My uncle has a Miata and he occasional takes it to the golf course, but he also has a Mustang Cobra convert and other vehicles if he needs more room.

[post="67306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

.....but the point is....is that you buy a car like that IN ORDER TO drive it with the top down.

When I go run errands on the weekend, I take the C6....with the top down.

When I drive to San Diego, Las Vegas, or Santa Barbara for the weekend, I take the C6...with the top down.

When I go out to Temecula (southern California's wine country) to pick up wine, I take the C6....with the top down.

IF I had a Solstice, I would not be able to use the vehicle for those reasons.....at least wouldn't be able to use it while driving it with the top down.....which IS the whole reason to buy a ragtop in the first place!

I "cream my pants" becuase I own the Solstice. I'm 21 and will be 22 I do live at home still but I do take very good care of my nephew & buy him things at the store.

Basically, my Solstice ran me just over $21k after tax, title, license, etc.

I think it's right for me to "cream in my pants" for a car I've had one month yet have just about 500 miles on it...

[post="67336"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Josh, just because you bought a Solstice doesn't mean you have to take the comment personally......

<Chris offers "chill pill">

My "creaming pants" comment was in no way directed at you......

B)