New Vue

avro206

My wife bought this last week. One one of the last 05 V6 AWD Vues in Canada.

Has the nice 17" tires too. Only option was the MP3 player. Very, very smooth Honda 3.5L DOHC V6. Sounds awesome too.

First tank of gas got great mileage

8.7L per 100km or in english that means 26.9 US MPG (or 32.4 CDN mpg) City driving too.

Can't wait to break it in a let her loose! :P Fastest FWD based SUV in the market---well 2nd fastest thanks to that 269hp RAV4 :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

No real complaints--the window switches are placed oddly, no hatch release on the FOB (I don't think there is an interior one either) and the interior could be a bit better. Like the design but is too plasticy to the touch.

Overall were very happy--nothing else (RAV4 excluded) comes close for power and thats high up on the list for us.

Being a GM fan I wold like to see a GM V6 in the next generation BUT only if its as good.

I am glad they did not put that old, gutless 3.4L in the Vue. Too bad the Torrent/Equinox got stuck with that lame duck engine. Next gen a 260+hp 3.6L and 6 speed auto better be in the cards.

Speaking of which, I really like the Vues tidy dimensions. I feel the Equinox/Torrent is too big, encroaching on Trailblazer territory. The wheelbase makes them look stretched and the rear looks like a minivan.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I thought the XC90 V8 is the fastest FWD SUV?

Regardless, I've always liked the VUE and I hope you have many happy miles with it. I also share you assesment of the Equinox/Torrent; they are too long and bloated.

[post="66646"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Volvo would be close no doubt. M/T tested it and got 7.4 to 60mph and 15.0 in the 1/4 mile. I think the Vues faster to 60mph but the Volvo appears to catch it by the end.

The Volvo is about 4800lbs--over 1000lbs heaver too and its hp to weight ratio is worse.

Reguardless---I look forward to roasting Escapes, Santa Fe, Liberty ect :P Edited by avro206