Dick Clark....wow...

Chris_Doane

Yeah, that's the result of a stroke. He was not on last year, due to the fact he COULD NOT talk at all (he had to relearn his speech process all over again). His motivation was to return to do the show this year. While sad & depressing (my wife had a hard time watching the show when he talked, as it made her depressed), it is a miracle that he rebounded in such a short time and be able to go live on TV. Hopefully he will only get better over time, but this may be one of his last New Year's Eve shows. :(

I wonder how many years the old buzzard's got left in him before they retrofit his body with Disney animatronics so he can stay on New Year's Rockin' Eve forever...

[post="65978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dude, that was just sooo wrong! I am so going to Hell for laughing at that! :lol:

Actually saw a clip from the show on one of those morning shows. At first I was a teeny bit bothered by it too, then I realized I think exactly opposite. I think he's come a long way and looked good. Of course he didn't sound perfect, but one year ago he couldn't even speak? I would suspect he'll act as an inspiration to other stroke victims.

This is the first time I've missed the ball drop.
I see it every year, but this morning I was downstairs when, from upstairs I heard, "Happy New Year!"
And I ran up. Disappointed to not see it drop.

You're not alone in that disappointment. I, too, missed the ball drop ... because I was watching the Chicago-area celebrations on another station...heh. At 11:01 Chicago time, I realized I had missed it :(. Ah, well ... always next year.

As for Dick Clark....I had mixed feelings as I watched the parts I saw of him. It was great to see him back on TV ... but, very sad at his present state :(.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

Dude, that was just sooo wrong! I am so going to Hell for laughing at that! :lol:

[post="66863"][/post]

B!tchin' I'll need some fellow mucle car fans down there to hang out with. Maybe we'll end up on the same floor.

Posted Image