SS Commerical!

capriceman

I was thinking of this today....... A 69' Camaro SS, 69' Mustang Mach 1, and a 69' Charger R/T are at a light. The light turns green some squeeling of tires. then the Camaro wins. Screen fades to black. "The Boys are back in Town" starts playing.... A Cobalt SS races down a street and blows by a Honda Civic. Screen fades black again with music playing. A Malibu Maxx SS blows by a Toyota Camry. Screen fades to black again. A Impala SS blows by a 300C. Screen fades black again. A Monte Carlo SS blows by a Charger. Screen fades black. Then a Trail Blazer SS blows by a Jeep SRT8 Then on the oppisite side of the road have a Silverado SS blow by a F-150 and a Dodge SRT 10. Then All the SS's meet at a light. A (maybe a concept since we dont know that one is out :AH-HA_wink: )Camaro Pulls through the crowd and does a donut and speeds passed a Mustang GT, Charger SRT 8, Nissian Skyline, 350Z, a Benz of some kind, and a BMW 330i. Introducing the SS Family. O yeah look out The Boys are Back in Town!

Cool. Nice concept... I'll give some constructive criticism: 1. The Malibu SS (or any other product) should not be compared to the Camry interms of performance. The Camry is a soulless car in every way. To brag about beating a Camry is like bragging about winning an arm-wresteling contest against a Quadrapelegic. (sp) 2. The 2006 Impala SS will never in a million years be in the same league as a 300C. I'm a Chevy guy but I think that FWD excuse for an Impala is about as desirable as an V8 Avalon if they made one. (which is to say not much) 3. Monte Carlo blowing past a Charger? In what alternate universe? :huh:The FWD Monte is a few beers short of a six pack when it comes to being a Muscle Car contender. 4. The Camaro should blow past the Mustang... leave the Charger out of it. THe Challenger and Cuda were Pony cars... the Charger was never a Pony car and the new 4dr is a completely different product than the Camaro. As much as I love Camaros let's get realistic an $70,000 R34 Skyline is a little more car than any Camaro that will probably sell for $30,000. Let's not get silly. :P

I don't think a 425hp Charger SRT8 weighing in at a plump 4100lbs would cream a Camaro SS weighing 3600lbs even if it only had 400hp. Case in point: a nearly 3800lb GTO will beat a Charger SRT8 every time. As for the commercial, I think the theme is good, but I like the idea of just having the Camaro part.

I was thinking of this today.......
A 69' Camaro SS, 69' Mustang Mach 1, and a 69' Charger R/T are at a light. The light turns green some squeeling of tires. then the Camaro wins.

Screen fades to black.

"The Boys are back in Town" starts playing....

A Cobalt SS races down a street and blows by a Honda Civic.

Screen fades black again with music playing.

A Malibu Maxx SS blows by a Toyota Camry.

Screen fades to black again.

A Impala SS blows by a 300C.

Screen fades black again.

A Monte Carlo SS blows by a Charger.

Screen fades black.

Then a Trail Blazer SS blows by a Jeep SRT8

Then on the oppisite side of the road have a Silverado SS blow by a F-150 and a Dodge SRT 10.

Then All the SS's meet at a light.

A (maybe a concept since we dont know that one is out :AH-HA_wink: )Camaro Pulls through the crowd and does a donut and speeds passed a Mustang GT, Charger SRT 8, Nissian Skyline, 350Z, a Benz of some kind, and a BMW 330i.

Introducing the SS Family.

O yeah look out The Boys are Back in Town!

[post="65316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is this today's SS lineup? I sure hope not. :blink:

I don't think a 425hp Charger SRT8 weighing in at a plump 4100lbs would cream a Camaro SS weighing 3600lbs even if it only had 400hp.

Case in point: a nearly 3800lb GTO will beat a Charger SRT8 every time.

As for the commercial, I think the theme is good, but I like the idea of just having the Camaro part.

[post="65383"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I said SS, GTO's not a Chevy.

And the Camaro's not out yet, otherwise I'd make that an exception..

1. The Malibu SS (or any other product) should not be compared to the Camry interms of performance. The Camry is a soulless car in every way. To brag about beating a Camry is like bragging about winning an arm-wresteling contest against a Quadrapelegic. (sp)

[post="65370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How about the Malibu SS smoking a Mazdaspeed Mazda 6 (that's if it could). I think that would be a more appropriate comparison.

I no a SRT would win but its advertisment you have to just put the other people down.
Skyline is there incase they make a Camaro AWD!

Its just a thought.

[post="65555"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Back on the old forum (before the crash in August) I had a long and drawn out thread about my idea of an Atlas engined Skyline-competitor Camaro called Panther. It was my own brainchild and was not well received.

The thing is it's very lame to pretend in a commercial that you can beat a competitor when you really can't. Let's leave the false advertising to Toyota, Honda & Ford.

The layman knows the Chager/300C are much better cars than some dolled up Impala wiht a transverse mounted engine and FWD. Not that the Impala is a horrible product or that the Mopars don't have flaws but it's not even a contest as far as performance & value goes.

The layman knows the Chager/300C are much better cars than some dolled up Impala wiht a transverse mounted engine and FWD. Not that the Impala is a horrible product or that the Mopars don't have flaws but it's not even a contest as far as performance & value goes.

[post="65629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, after driving the Charger R/T, Impala SS and Grand Prix GTP, I unfortunately have to agree. Driving with FWD just sucks with those V8's.

Problem with the truck parts is that the Silverado SS is a pimple on the SRT-10's ass when it comes to performance... the SRT8 Jeep won't have a problem with the TB SS either. But aside from all of that, It'd be a cool commercial.

i think it sucks, yea those comparisons, in ya dreams, say a impala does pass a 300c, how do you think is more comfortable? and comapring a fugly useless monte carlo to a charger? thats funny.....

The TBSS i think would beat a jeep srt8 TB is more high speed stable. I'd take a Monte Carlo anyday over a Magnum with a normal trunk. AND those HEMI'S ARE NOT EFFING HEMI's!!!!! In case you didn't know. the piston is not cone shaped nor are the valves on a step enough angle to be considered a HEMIshere head. so they should just call it a OHV V8.

The TBSS i think would beat a jeep srt8

TB is more high speed stable.

[post="69039"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The TBSS might be more stable but the SRT8 Jeep will outrun it by almost a second quicker in the quarter. I just drove a TBSS last saturday and while it does run decent, it's not shockingly fast. The motor needs to rev and is a bit sluggish when initially hitting the throttle, but after it gets above 3k it wakes up and runs decent.

The GTOs do not beat the SRTs every time; it's a driver's race. I hate saying this as a CTS-V owner but it's true. And the Jeep SRT is much faster than the TBSS, but I am sure we will see info on this match up coming in as the Jeep SRTs are just hitting the dealers. And yes, that commercial would be mostly fantasy as the entire SRT line will destroy the SS and V line. The Challenger should match up nicely with the Comaro if they come with 425HP and 400HP respectively. Of course all bets are off if they, DCX, decides to put the 510HP 6.4L HEMI as rumored. Edited by Dark Knight

the Camaro is compatible with the 505 HP 7.0L LS7. which in the vette out performs the Dodge Vipper. besides those dodges are packing on the weight. so 25 HP really doesnt do a lot for those heavy sheet metal cars.

the Camaro is compatible with the 505 HP 7.0L LS7. which in the vette out performs the Dodge Vipper. besides those dodges are packing on the weight. so 25 HP really doesnt do a lot for those heavy sheet metal cars.

[post="74129"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hear you, but also know that Dodge is readying their HEMI head version of the V-10 for the 08 Viper rummored to have 700hp but I would say they bring it out with 600hp.
If this is true and the 08 Viper has 600 to 650 HP then 510 from their 6.4L V8 in the SRT-8s is very possible.
As to the Dodge's weight issues, yes they are heavy but the 4300 Lb 300C SRTs seem to be keeping up just fine, if not beating, the 3800 Lb GTOs with only that 25 extra HP. Keep in mind all the SRTs are automatics with a tall 3.08 rear gear and the fastest times that are generated from the GTOs are generally M6s. The new Challenger is said to have an M6 with less weight and lower rear gears, that makes me wonder how it would comapare to it's high 12s cousin the 300C SRT.
I love my LS6 CTS-V but I can appreciate good performance even if it is a Dodge, I will never underestimate them on the road or track. Edited by Dark Knight