Your Wrecked Car

Flybrian

wow... those all suck, I even grieve for the Lexus IS... it is the coolest car to wear the "L". :(

Go look up some Scion wrecks, maybe that will make you happier.

I saw a wrecked xB on a truck on the highway yesterday, and they don't even sell them here.

[post="64983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There's an entire website dedicated to Scion wrecks. Amazing...

Tree vs. Scion TC

the guy is still living! or i wouldn't have posted it.

Posted Image

If a Car has a BIO HAZ on it, it means some one was killed or dismembered in it.

If your going to buy a used car or are queazy stop now!

Sick thing is, say if this guy shoot himself in his car. The Auction/Junkyard cleans the interior and replaces the window that the bullet exited. They stamp Bio haz on it since its the law. If Bob from Billy Bob used Cars Buys it he knows its a bio haz and that someone was killed in it. When he sells it He doesn't have to tell you that some one blew there brains out in it. If asked is it a bio hax in some States he doesn't have to answer that.

"Biohazard" is not good.  Bodily fluids or more inside.

[post="65056"][/post]

Yeeeeech... Reminds me of that episode of Mythbusters with the dead pigs in the Corvette...

Here are a couple big Mercs like mine... In fact, in this first pic, almost identical to mine:

Posted Image

T-bone:

Posted Image

Ouch!

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the interior:

Posted Image

I must admit, though, a lot of these big old cars are in pretty good shape! It's kinda reassuring.

Very sad but it could be worse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, and the cars where the A/B/C pillars appear cut... it's because some one was trapped inside so they cut it open wiht the jaws of life. (hence the fire dept. comment)

I know this sounds terrible but in a sick way I DO! $9,000 *cha-ching* instead of like the $3000 I'll get on trade in since the car's got 145K miles. :(

Some of that is really sick. You just KNOW that no one survived some of them.

And here is what my vehicle looks like when mutilated:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by S.Myers

Well since we're on our ACTUAL wrecked cars....

Posted Image

Here's my first ride, a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Three weeks after I finished fixing it from its first wreck, I was cut off by a Mercury Sable and drove through a strip of woods. I tore the nose off the Mercury but the Cutlass was relatively unscathed. The car doesn't look too bad in the photo, but the engine cradle was buckled pretty good. Tends to happen when you hit a granite curbstone at 40.

Posted Image

And here's what happens when you let Sixty8 try and negotiate an icy hill with your '79 Coupe Deville :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest YellowJacket894
Posted Image

Gah-ha! For some reason, seeing the headlight on the Bonnie dangling down creeps me out. Sort of like seeing some guy take a punch to face so hard it knocks an eye out of its socket.

Blahh...

Posted Image

Gah-ha! For some reason, seeing the headlight on the Bonnie dangling down creeps me out. Sort of like seeing some guy take a punch to face so hard it knocks an eye out of its socket.

Blahh...

[post="66285"][/post]

Yes, that pic does scare me, especially how it missed the front structural beams. The passenger cell would have held up much better if the impact was a few inches to the right.

Posted Image

My old 1990 Lumina Euro after meeting the trailer of a turning semi truck while legally parked. The guy never stopped (and possibly didn't even realize he had caused any damage). It ripped a huge gash along the entire driver side, busting out the windows and deforming the doors. The mirror was found about half a block away. We managed to track down the company and they paid us $3000 for the damages. It only took $500 plus labor to get new doors put on, and we did a cheap bondo and paint job on the rear fender...so we came away nearly $2500 better than before. I drove it for two years after that because it still ran perfectly, even if it was a mess cosmetically.

I never really understood the government's thing with roof strength but those Envoy photos gave me some insight, especially after comparing them with the other photos of cars flipped over that others have posted.

I never really understood the government's thing with roof strength but those Envoy photos gave me some insight, especially after comparing them with the other photos of cars flipped over that others have posted.

[post="66312"][/post]

Agreed. I can't believe how bad this pretty pearl white '99 Riviera ate it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some unlucky dude got a face full of A-pillar. :blink:

I would say that Riviera was parked when it was crushed. Something had to fall on it... notice no marks except for the roof crush. If that car was in motion at the time of loss and had that much roof crush, the sides would be scuffed up somewhere. Also, whatever it was that landed on it bowed the whole car down in the middle. Maybe a semi rolled over on it or something. Edited by ocnblu

Posted Image

And here's what happens when you let Sixty8 try and negotiate an icy hill with your '79 Coupe Deville  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

[post="66249"][/post]

First off that story deserves it's own thread... second you didn;t tell the best part. The towing company refused to drive down that hill even with their 4wd trucks... they brought out TWO wreckers (one of them being a HUGE international) and secured the first truck wiht the second just in case.

The hill was so icy in fact that the tow truck driver said he would not drive down it even with tire chains. The best part is that the car slid that way while I was backign up for my third attempt to get up the hill... all four wheels stopped turning and the car just kept sliding down the road. No damage luckly. :P