2010 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute For Highway Safety (IIHS) 2009 Top Safety Pick

Drew Dowdell

2010 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute For Highway Safety (IIHS) 2009 Top Safety Pick

X10BU_LC007.jpg

The 2010 Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan earned the IIHS newest Top Safety Pick Award today. To qualify for the Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must earn the highest rating of good in the Institute's front, side and rear tests, and offer Electronic Stability Control (ESC), which comes standard on the LaCrosse.

The Buick transformation continues with the 2010 Buick LaCrosse, a sculpted, responsive luxury sedan. This newest member of the Buick family has the highest quality and safety standards that customers have come to expect from Buick.

The 2010 Buick LaCrosse is on sale in dealerships now.

Buick keeps this up they will earn some of my $ in the future.

Car is drop dead beautiful...esp. in the color above

As a side note it is cool how safe modern cars are becoming. I just picked up my daughter from school and we passed a nasty accident on the way home. A Honda Odysea was pretty trashed in an interstate chain reaction wreck, but it looked like the driver was getting minor medical help.

Chris

I often wonder what my car would be like in a crash.. especially since my sis-in-law took the car out (before I got it), and got hit, so the bumper hangs a bit and is cracked.

This is a required point in this class with so many MFG using it as a selling point now. Job well done GM.

Did anyone see the 09 Malibu in the offset head on into a 59 Impala sedan on the web? It is amazing how the Malibu held up well and the Impala just caved in. The Impala's crumple room went right into the front seat. With some of the cars in the Junk yard I have seen I do agree the cars of the 50-60-70's are no match for todays cars. many old full size cars just did not hold up well in many crashed.

THey deemed the Malibu driver walked away but the Impala driver was killed on contact. Chevy should use this somewhere as it shows how safe todays cars have become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6av-SCFJBYs

Here is a HHR that took a hit head on at 60 MPH with a Chevy Van.

frontez.jpg

Broken wrist and foot if I recall. She braced on the wheel and was hard on the brakes. Daughter was unhurt.

GM has been improving and most of their cars are very safe. I sell did not feel well in the Aveo Loaner I had once. Those owners are brave.

Edited by hyperv6

This is one sweet car. I urge anyone who is curious to hop over to a local dealer and just drive one. They did such a good job on this car and the Buick brand as a whole. I remember at a meeting a few years back GM announced to us that they were going to take the Buick name and compete head-to-head with Lexus for market share. At the time I rolled my eyes back and thought "yeah right! Buick is an old man's car".

Then came the Enclave which wowed me and now comes this. I like the direction and speed of change happening with this Brand.

If anyone has time on thier hands they should drive the Lexus and the Buick in the same day and let us know what they think. I would but I might be too biased since I represent GM so an impartial observer would probably be more accurate.

GO BUICK!!!