Ford and General Motors are getting what they

mustang84

I'm nearly stricken with tears at this beautiful and eloquent piece of writing. I highlighted some of the best parts.

Ford and General Motors are Getting What They Deserve.
By Editor (12/24/05)

They have had over thirty-five years to figure out how to put quality in their products and still don't have a clue. (Explain to me how you "put quality" into a product. Horrible choice of wording.)

Their attractive and flashy offerings often look very nice, but are poorly assembled and full of inferior quality components and parts.

Once the word started to spread about the high quality of Japanese and recently some Korean models, the sales of American made vehicles started to fall rapidly.

A good example was one of the best pickup trucks, the Mazda. Low price and great quality. However, Ford started building them instead of Mazda and they became very low in quality. (This sounds like something I would have written in my 5th grade communications class. Elementary school sentence structure at its best.)

Ford and General Motors need to get their quality acts together very soon. (Chrysler is German owned if you didn't know)

One of the few things helping them is that the product from Europe is generally just as bad or in some cases worse than the "Detroit Iron". If the European product improves, they will lose even more market share.

American suppliers learned long ago that US vehicle manufacturers could really care less about true quality in the parts that go into their vehicles and so they don't have a care either.

Much of public wants to support Ford and General Motors, but such a huge investment leaves little room for pity at the risk of finding out that they have been sold a piece of junk.

The American automobile manufacturers owe it to themselves and the country to turn themselves around big time.

--------------------
What is this guy...in 8th grade? Who says "big time" in journalism? What a bunch of unsubstantiated drivel.

Link

What Chris said. This is a cat whose website has a dozen links to blood pressure medication, unrelated popups, and really crappy sentence structure. He's just pissed because he bought two crappy used cars thrity years ago, which somehow qualifies him to pass judgement on the American auto industry.

Biography: After High School in Oregon and a semester at Arizona State, I tried a few options and then went off to the Army from '64 to '73. Got some good schooling under the "old" GI bill in Tucson, which gave me an AS in Business. For various reasons landed in LA, and by '78 became a "Test Engineer". Along that path I had some very interesting positions including 6 1/2 years on the Space Telescope, for economic reasons I jumped Silicon Valley and returned to Tucson in 1993. No real jobs in Tucson, so relocated to the Phoenix area in 1995. '95 -'04 various contract and "permanent" positions in all kinds of interesting areas. Jan '05 was "retirement" time. So just tend to 80+ websites and try to find time to relax :=) On the side, I am the Editor of American Daily.

First; this is complete and total bullshit.

Secondly,

ADDED NOTE: All 7 of the vehicles we have owned since 1996 have been American made, only one of them has reflected true quality. Some have been much better than others, but 6 out of the 7 have exhibited serious quality issues. From 1968 till 1996, I bought one American made vehicle (a used 1968 Pontiac Firebird pile of junk), this resulted from being treated like sh*t by Ford regards a new 1968 Mercury Cougar piece of cr*p. I will grant that all of those 'foreign' vehicles did not qualify as perfect, but at least two were and the rest served their purpose.

If he's gauging current quality by 1960's cars then he's WAAAAY out of touch.

And I'm sure the domestics in question "served their purpose" as well. Afterall, it isn't fundamentally hard to roll from one point to another.

Third; unfortunately I think *MOST* americans feel this way, however blind they may be.

And lastly; this is also an example of what psychologists call the "just-world phenomenon" where people believe "what comes around, goes around" and some universal sense of justice will be bestowed by a higher power. When in reality this "belief" often only leads to blindly blaming the victim for his/her own demise.