1949 Coachcraft Cadillac

HarleyEarl

:lol:

That's the oddest Cadillac I've seen.

[post="64576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Really now, because I think handsome is a much more fitting adjective for this particular Caddy. The only thing I'm not feeling on the entire car are those odd hubcaps which look much too '71 Pontiac Catalina to be attached to an otherwise stunning vehicle. Put a tasteful real wire wheel on it with those same wide whitewalls and call it a day. Superb!

A bit unorthodox but I'd take it over twenty five brand new C1marrons wiht continental kits and vinyl roofs. :CG_all: Edited by Sixty8panther

A bit unorthodox but I'd take it over twenty five brand new C1marrons wiht continental kits and vinyl roofs. :finger_dance:

[post="64687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even if said Cimarr0ns also had gold packages and opera lights and Presidential Seal emblems on said vinyl roofs?

Well... now that's different. But still I'd be tempted to go with the '49. > thinks < If you throw in a RR style parthenon grille with a 24k GOLD Caddy hood ornament on each and every C!marron then I'll settle for the 2.8 liter Cadillac that Zigs.

Ah, the wonderful things dealers can get old people to waste their money on. The sad thing in all of this is that as we speak, somewhere in some part of Florida, in some common parking lot at some over-65 retirement community where everybody drives a golf cart, there is a Cimarr0n that looks just as we described, no doubt with some nifty "Roadster" emblems on the trunk too.

Balthy: yup... I can see what you're saying. GM1: Hey buddy... thanks I think. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit back there. :blink: :P

Before I found C&G, I used to linger on C&D's boards. I once posted excerpts from C&D's '81 review of the Cimarr0n, which was by & far positive... and I gave proper credit for the author and I did NOT editorialize (didn't have to- article said plenty). The thread was quickly yanked within hours & without explaination. I assume a strong 'block' from their Cadillac 'punching bag' would've spoiled their fun. Strangely, I have started to see a few Cimarr0ns on the road this past year, when I hadn't seen any for years & years.

Just for Sixty8...
Posted Image :blink:
All you need is a continental kit, and you'll be all set! :wacko:  :lol:

[post="64834"][/post]

Speaking of which...tonight I saw a cream colored Chrysler Lebaron from the 80s with chrome door trim, wire whitewall wheels, a special Thunderbird-like vinyl top (with little porthole windows), and a Maserati logo in place of the five-pointed diamond. It was parked in a handicapped spot.

Wow mustang84, you saw a Chrysler TC by Maserati in person? What's up with all these old duffers and their ridiculously overpriced limited edition bullshit coming out of the woodwork lately? This week I've seen two Cadillac Allantes after not seeing any in damn near forever. Who else has spotted something odd recently?