Can't Sleep

Guest Josh

These holidays have drained me, but I can't sleep. Between the abundance of work and the shopping, wrapping, etc my sleep schedule is officially out of WHACK! :angry:

No, you don't understand. The night of 12/23, I went to bed at 3 after a Christmas party at my place. Woke up from 4-4:30 ready to puke. Went to work at 8:30. The night of 12/24, I went to bed at 9:30 (holy shit that's early), but still managed to wake up TEN times that night. TEN. I counted.

I know how you're feeling, Josh, albeit for different reasons.

With my abdominal pains the last month ... and out of work, I've been staying up late...and sleeping in quite longer than I had hoped. Yet, I don't feel like I've been rested/relaxed....because of the pains.

*shrugs*

Hope to find out this week if gallbladder removal surgery is in my future ... I plan to try to get to work tomorrow, but I know I'll be up late tonight...because I'm wide awake right now :(.

Aye.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"How much longer will they be around?" ... Don Williams ... 'Old Coyote Town'

Oh man... sleeplessness sucks. :unsure: I had that problem last night. I was slightly drunk, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned for hours. Once I finally fell asleep, I couldn't stay asleep. I woke up who knows how many times. One time because my f**king dog was puking on my bed. I kicked him out of my room (literally) and threw my covers down the stairs. It was like 4am and I had nothing to sleep under. I finally found some fleeces, locked my door, and cranked up the heat. Needless to say, I still froze and had the hardest time sleeping. It pissed me off... I know how you're feeling, Josh. :( I've always had these sorts of problems so I have a bottle of sleeping aid pills. They don't work in that way, but it gives the best orgasm. And after orgasms, I usually want to sleep... So I guess it works out. :lol: :D

wow... good luck with that. I've got similar problems myself so advice from me would be useless.

What sometimes works for me is staying up all night and "resetting" my clock. Worked perfect on my flight back from London. Staying up is tough, but it usually works and helps your body get back on track. Plus, you'd be surprised how much you can get accomplished with more hours to your day ;-)

I'm hoping my mother's frequent insomnia transfers to me: I have a thousand projects lined up and no time to do them. I don't lay down until I'm completely drained, so I fall asleep in about 2 minutes and I seldom wake up in the night. Only need about 6 hours/night, but still don't have enough time to do what I want.