Mallett Solstice

CaddyXLR-V

According to AW it's technically a mid engined car. The entire engine is behind the frton axle(s).

Anyway this is the formula for the Mallett:

Posted Image + 4 decades

Toni: Yes, I was going to try to say some thing to that extent but you know BV would get his panties all in a bunch. Honestly even I think in order to deserve the Fiero name it HAS to have an engine mounted BEHIND the driver. Rear or Rear-MId engined.

I am a 21 year Fiero V6 owner. I have modified my car with the Herb Adams Suspension kit and have a set of sticky Comp TA radials and I will be the first ot say mid engine behind the seat is more over rated than any thing. My car as it sits pulls at or near 1 G but the engine behind the seat is no better or worse than any well balanced car, low unsprung weight with a low center of gravity. In the old days mid engine was important because most cars did not have the wheel base to put the engine behind the front axle, today with the longer wheel bases it is not a problem. Any one who ever had drop throttle oversteer happen in a rear or mid engne car know it is far from perfect in most cars. You will find many cars like the Mclaren F1 and Enzo compensate for the rear bias and over steer with larger tires. On the positive side the larger tires also help in getting the power to the ground too. Pantera's in the 70's even had special Goodyear OE tires in two sizes to fix the handeling ills at the limit. Mallett does great work on their cars and this car will only help Pontiac. On the other hand I see no need for a factory car to be built like this. A high out put Eco is going to do a great job and keep the price low. If someone wants one wants one of these they can call Mallett with GM's support. Edited by hyperv6

• 2 weeks later...