Production Dates For ALL GMT-900s + Others

CadillacCTS

GMT-800 Trucks will be sold as 2007 models, until the GMT-900s are introduced. (excluding Avalanche, Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade)

Start Of Production Dates: (Vary By Plant)

Pontiac Plant
2007 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra - Regular and Extended Cab
- GMT800: July 17th, 2006 (Build Out GMT800 = December 15th, 2006)

- GMT900: January 8th, 2007

Fort Wayne Plant
- GMT800: May 22nd, 2006 (Build Out GMT800 = November 3rd, 2006)

- GMT900: November 4th, 2006

Oshawa Truck Plant
2007 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra - Extended Cab
- GMT800: May 15th, 2006 (Build Out GMT800 = September 22nd, 2006)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra - Extended Cab
- GMT900: October 2nd, 2006

Flint Plant
2007 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra - Crew Cab
- GMT800: July 16th, 2006 (Build Out GMT800 = Not Announced)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra - Crew Cab
- GMT900: Not Announced

Silao (Mexico) Avalanche Plant
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche
- GMT900: April 3rd, 2006 (Build Out GMT800 = March 17th, 2006)

Janesville SUV Plant
2007 GMC Yukon Denali
- GMT900: January 16th, 2006

NON GMT-800/GMT-900 MODELS BELOW THIS LINE:

Fairfax Car Plant
2007 Saturn Aura
- July 7th, 2006

Wilmington Car Plant
2007 Saturn Sky
- February 2nd, 2006

Canada Only Model - Chevrolet Epica, will not be sold for the 2007 model year. Edited by CadillacCTS

Sweet details Caddy CTS. With those dates pushed up, I really don't see how Toyota can put so much pressure on GM, plus earnings should come along nice. Toss in production of the Solstice GXP and a if I remember right, a few of the Lambda's and GM's in a real nice position to fend off Toyota. The trucks alone should do it, and the Aura sure will not hurt.

Why's the Chevy Epica on hiatus for 2007? I thought the restyled model was going up.

what about the Chevy Tahoes and suburbans?

Would it be optomistic to hope for 07 models in the showroom by the 4th of January?  first day of post red tag?

red tag will probably continue as only 06 models?

[post="62701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Tahoe is already being produced, and the Suburban/ Yukon XL go into production January 16th, 2006.

They probably want to bring the plant up to speed for the rest of the world and sell it there first, it would also improve logistics.

[post="62718"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They may want to clear out the 2006 models, which may take some time, and they may be waiting for an improved powertrain needed in North America. The simplest solution would be the Astra's 2.0 L turbo with a new 6-speed auto. That would give it a more competitive 200+ hp without re-engineering it for a new GM V6. A more powerful engine may not be available until the new large Daewoo (think Hyundai Azera) arrives.

They may want to clear out the 2006 models, which may take some time, and they may be waiting for an improved powertrain needed in North America. The simplest solution would be the Astra's 2.0 L turbo with a new 6-speed auto. That would give it a more competitive 200+ hp without re-engineering it for a new GM V6. A more powerful engine may not be available until the new large Daewoo (think Hyundai Azera) arrives.

[post="62785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Griffon I know a lot of time was spend on the 2.5 I6 so why is it SO weak compared to other offerings in the 6 cylinder realm? Was it to keep fuel economy up, which I know is very important to the rest of the world?

I bet this 2.5-liter I-6 is totally unchanged in the restyled Epica as it is now, just like the still-used, underpowered (not by much), poor gas-mileage Aveo engine. And that Forenza/Optra engine needs to die too.

I bet this 2.5-liter I-6 is totally unchanged in the restyled Epica as it is now, just like the still-used, underpowered (not by much), poor gas-mileage Aveo engine. And that Forenza/Optra engine needs to die too.

[post="63107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

if the Daewoo (Chevrolet) Captiva is getting the Holden 2.8 and 3.2 shouldn't the Epica get the a simillar engine.. the 3.2 would do wonders to the Epica specially if mated with the new 6-Auto Transmission

they are there :AH-HA_wink:

[post="62900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What is wierd is that there are GMC's too. I can't understand why they are building so gosh darn many white and pewter copies though... paint shop run out of good colors?

I saw a guy driving an '07 GMC Yukon in Mansfield over the weekend. It looked much different moving and I must say it looks GREAT!!!

Wait-I thought the big Daewoo was supposed to be the Statesman rebadge from Holden? Are they getting a slightly stretched Epica or something? And what's the point? There's already 3 fully capable large cars on an aging platforms-they're called the Chevrolet Impala, Buick Lucerne, and Cadillac DTS.

Wait-I thought the big Daewoo was supposed to be the Statesman rebadge from Holden? Are they getting a slightly stretched Epica or something? And what's the point? There's already 3 fully capable large cars on an aging platforms-they're called the Chevrolet Impala, Buick Lucerne, and Cadillac DTS.

[post="64836"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the impala, is not on the same platform as the lucerne, or dts...

the impala, is on the shame chassis as the grand prix
and the lucerne share the platform of the olds and you're pontiac boneville

correct me if i'm wrong though

not entirely sure what this has to do with GMT900's though... Edited by Newbiewar

the impala, is not on the same platform as the lucerne, or dts...

the impala, is on the shame chassis as the grand prix
and the lucerne share the platform of the olds and you're pontiac boneville

correct me if i'm wrong though

not entirely sure what this has to do with GMT900's though...

[post="65590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Impala is stretched W-body and is related in different ways to the LaCrosse/GP/Regal/Intrigue/MC/Lumina/Cutlass Supreme.

Lucerne/DTS ride on the G-boyd, newer and related to both Auroras/Riviera/'97 Park Ave/'00 LeSabre/Bonneville.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I have a quick question, I know the pick ups are built in 4 plants, Oshawa, Pontiac, Fort Wayne and Flint but the other day I stopped by the dealer and I was looking at a 06 Sierra and the window sticker said it was built in Mexico so I checked the vin and sure enough the first digit was a 3. Anyone know what's up with that?