G6, this time for real...

ToniCipriani

OK, this time for real. Next week Monday, G6 replaces Cavalier. Car at dealership, keys waiting for my cash. But something's wierd. The dealer couldn't get my Lease Termination Report, and had to get me to get it and fax to them. Last time I remember when I asked, the Chevy dealer in Waterloo managed to get it. But this time the Pontiac dealer tried twice and it didn't work.

Congrats Ton. I gotta hand it to you. You must really love the G6 to bother going through all you went through. I hope it brings you many thousands of happy miles. Oh, and please post some pics when you get it. :)

Oh yeah, I do love the car. I fell right into love with it when I first drove it. But now makes me worried. Since the Cavalier's leased under my dad's name, I might have some difficulties returning it. Although the contract says that immediate family members can buy it out, not sure if that applies to returning and early termination. But oh well, have to wait till Monday to see. The dealer even closed early today for a "party"...

I don't know if you knew this, but I'm a lease retention manager at a pontiac, buick GMC store.... I deal with this stuff and concerns like yours all day long.. Don't worry one bit about it. Of course it applies to early lease termination and returns. Immediate family is almost as good as the originator as far as GM is concerned (ie. visa points transferable, all kinds of good things can be transferred between immediate family members. The lease termination quote (actual numbers) are only available to the lessee or the originating dealership. So they would need you to get the lessee return liability for them. Nothing out of the ordinary, don't be worried! Just sit tight and count the minutes until you park that baby in your driveway! Congratulations on your new G6, you're going to love the vehicle! This will probably be a very long holiday until the dealership reopens!! LOL Edited by staceface

I am assuming the waterloo deaership wasn't where you got your original lease from, but where you're leasing your G6 from, is that right? The new dealership can get a liability report once you give them the liability number TO THE PENNY... That way dealerships can't just call and "guess" at liability to steal customers. If you went to the trouble to call GM, and get your liability quote and give it to the new dealership verbally, they then could call GM and get your liability faxed to them. (At the same time, in fairness, a copy of your liability is faxed to the originating dealer, so don't be surprised if you get a call from the dealership that leased you your cavalier) Hope by now you're enjoying your G6!!

No. That's a Chevy dealer that I go to often for oil changes and I looked at the Malibu to replace my Cavalier back in 2003. The G6 dealer is one in Toronto. But anyhow, thanks for the input. It's all over. I'm in to coziness of my G6. PS: Before anyone starts hammering me for pics, I'm out of internet for the past week and probably for the coming week. I promise a full review when I fully return to the glory days of the internet. I've got plenty of good things to say. Edited by ToniCipriani