Who needs a HO Quad4...

ToniCipriani

As long as it's connected to a manual transmission... not me. :P I'm done with Quad4s. They run strong... but are seriously rough and very unreliable. HO or not... I don't want another unless I have countless amounts of money to waste. Then, and only then, will I enjoy another Quad4... as well as just about every other Pontiac possible :D

Supercharged Series III 3800. Oh yeah, BAY-BEE!!!!

As long as it's connected to a manual transmission... not me. :P I'm done with Quad4s. They run strong... but are seriously rough and very unreliable. HO or not... I don't want another unless I have countless amounts of money to waste. Then, and only then, will I enjoy another Quad4... as well as just about every other Pontiac possible :D

[post="60652"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't think you noticed the 3800 SC under the hood eh?

I don't think you noticed the 3800 SC under the hood eh?

[post="60720"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm not blind, I did. I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that I would only need a HO Quad4 if that L67 wasn't connected to a manual transmission. That and how I'm done with Quad4s unless I become disturbingly rich and have money to burn. Also how I would buy just about every Pontiac possible as well... :D *day dreams once more* Oh... why can't I be disturbingly rich?

I'm not blind, I did. I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that I would only need a HO Quad4 if that L67 wasn't connected to a manual transmission. That and how I'm done with Quad4s unless I become disturbingly rich and have money to burn. Also how I would buy just about every Pontiac possible as well... :D *day dreams once more* Oh... why can't I be disturbingly rich?

[post="60769"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You need to get yourself a sugar daddy. :lol:

The musclecar LIVES!!!!!!

[post="60745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Call it a hot rod I'm okay with it...

Call it a sleeper I'll agree

But do NOT call a FWD a Mucsle Car... it's just not right.

This is a very cool car indeed but it's not Musclecar. I'd shake the dude's hand if I saw him at a carshow. This is right up my alley. Very fine custom. Now if the engine was facing No.-So. and the rear wheels were motivated by a posi rear end I'd say it was perfect. No doubt that would have required even more severe modification.

1960s definition: medium sized car with a BIG (read: powerful) engine. In other words a really killer weight to power ratio in an other wise sedate car. 2005 Pop Culture definition: RWD car wiht a powerful V8. A four door musclecar is acceptable, to some a GN is a muscle car even though it has a Turbocharged V6 and not a V8 but in any case 99.9% of enthusiasts agree that a FWD si not a muscle car. Even if it has a V8 and manual trans. This is why the GTO concept based on a FWD Grand Am concept lasted about 20 minutes before it was shot down in a blaze of fire fomr the Muscle car crowd. Another annoyance is that cars like the Corvette and Shelby 427 Roadster Cobra are considered muscle cars by some empty headed press. Yes they're RWD and V8 powered but they're sports cars by definition, not 4 or 5 passanger cars with big cubes. The AMX might be the one exception to the 2-passanger rule.

1960s definition: medium sized car with a BIG (read: powerful) engine. In other words a really killer weight to power ratio in an other wise sedate car.

2005 Pop Culture definition: RWD car wiht a powerful V8.

A four door musclecar is acceptable, to some a GN is a muscle car even though it has a Turbocharged V6 and not a V8 but in any case 99.9% of enthusiasts agree that a FWD si not a muscle car. Even if it has a V8 and manual trans.

This is why the GTO concept based on a FWD Grand Am concept lasted about 20 minutes before it was shot down in a blaze of fire fomr the Muscle car crowd.
Another annoyance is that cars like the Corvette and Shelby 427 Roadster Cobra are considered muscle cars by some empty headed press. Yes they're RWD and V8 powered but they're sports cars by definition, not 4 or 5 passanger cars with big cubes. The AMX might be the one exception to the 2-passanger rule.

[post="60879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And... you pulled those definitions out of your ass, right? Again, just your personal opinion and nothing else. As for the percentage of enthusiasts, it's not factual. Again, you pulled it out of your ass. Hmm... are you sure you're not gay? You seem to like to pull things out of ass, which, you would have had to put in it in the first place. :lol: :D

Anyways, the definition from my ass is any compact/midsize mainstream passenger car with a large engine stuffed into. For a car, like that GA, in which a 4cyl is the most powerful engine at 175hp, stuffing a 240hp V6 is like stuffing a V8 into a car in which the most powerful engine is a V6. Basically, that's what they did in the '60s.

As for the drive wheels... we'll never agree on this, so that's that. :P

BTW, since you always have a hard time detecting it... there's some sarcasm in this post. :AH-HA_wink:

Hey you're the one who keeps talking about ASS not me. :AH-HA_wink:

Althought I do not think it's usually the best souce of factual definition, my post is right in line with Wikipedia's definition of Muscle Car. It does meantion RWD but not conclusivelly and there is a note of how Compact cars are traditionally excluded form the definition of a Mucle car... it's supposed to be a midsize.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

Yes, in fall of 1959 the Tempest looked like a compact when parked next to a Bonneville but a '64 Tempest was an "intermediate" and was much bigger than a Corvair, Valiant or VW Bug from the same era. If the Tempest was a compact then my '68 Camaro is the equivelant of today's AVEO.

Oh... I know, it was anything but small. Still, it was classified as a compact. That's why you'll commonly see me refer to it with "compact" since I never really considered it such. But, according to 1964 Pontiac, it was a compact. Besides... compact wasn't the smallest classification. Ever hear of subcompact, etc? :P Edited by blackviper8891