Tahoes will get worlds largest audience

Newbiewar

Link to news
[quote name='http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=21472']Chevrolet Taps New Year's Eve/Times Square To Launch All New 2007 Chevy Tahoe

The revolution races on with introduction of all new Chevy Tahoe, signaling Chevrolet's continued barrage of new products in '06
Groundbreaking partnership with NYC, Countdown Entertainment and Times Square Alliance gives Chevrolet unprecedented presence in Times Square, including all new custom Chevy stage
Major sponsor of "NBC's New Year's Eve With Carson Daly, Presented by Chevrolet" featuring live musical performance by Mary J. Blige
DETROIT - Chevrolet will be continuing its tradition of revolutionary product launches when GM's largest division joins over 750,000 (estimated) New Year's Eve revelers in Times Square to usher in 2006. Chevrolet will take advantage of the world's largest stage with an unprecedented Times Square takeover to launch the all new 2007 Chevy Tahoe.

The all new Tahoe will play a starring role in the Times Square festivities when a pair of matching Tahoes will be elevated above the crowd by custom 20' tall hydraulic scissor lifts. Accompanied by special lighting effects and flanking the One Times Square building and the official ball drop, the Tahoes will rise to punctuate the performance of special musical guest Mary J. Blige, who will perform on Chevy's 20' by 30' custom stage in the heart of Times Square.

"What's bigger than New Year's Eve, Times Square and the Chevy Tahoe?" said Ed Peper, Chevrolet General Manager. "Since 2001, Chevy Tahoe has been America's best-selling full-size SUV. The 2007 model deserves a dramatic entrance and delivering superstar Mary J. Blige to the Chevy stage in Times Square on New Year's Eve in the all new Tahoe is the perfect introduction."

The musical performance by Mary J. Blige will be broadcast live on "NBC's New Year's Eve With Carson Daly, Presented by Chevrolet," which airs at 11:30 p.m. EST. Blige, whose seventh studio album titled "Breakthrough" debuts on December 20, will perform two songs live from the Chevy stage.

"New Year's Eve has played a key role in Chevrolet's marketing strategy since we launched the 'An American Revolution' campaign on December 31, 2003," said Kim Kosak, Chevrolet general director of advertising and promotions. "NBC's New Year's Eve broadcast has been a collaborative effort with Chevrolet and we are thrilled to present the entire show live from Times Square with special performances by superstar Mary J. Blige live from the Chevy Stage. This is a terrific opportunity to emotionally connect with millions of viewers during one of the biggest nights of the year."

Additional Chevrolet New Year's promotions and marketing activities include:

Chevy messaging on major outdoor Times Square properties including the ABC Studio Supersign and Reuters Jumbotron and the ball drop video monitors
Chevy's iconic gold bowtie emblem will adorn the podium on the Mayor's stage, where Mayor Bloomberg will push the button that drops the Waterford Crystal Times Square New Year's Ball
Chevrolet will blanket Times Square with timed gold confetti and provide revelers with commemorative wearables, including Chevy New Year's Eve jester hats and headbands
Media buys include sponsorships of the New Year's Eve broadcasts on ABC, Fox, Telemundo, Telefutura and Galavision, as well as New Year's Day sponsorships of NFL match-ups and BET programming
Chevy Tahoe-branded bags, conveying the message "New Year. New Tahoe," will deliver the New Year's Day newspaper in 29 key U.S. markets
In addition to Chevrolet's featured presence in Times Square, New Year's Eve will also mark the launch of a new Chevy brand advertising campaign. A new television spot under the "An American Revolution" banner titled "Hand Off" will break during New Year's Eve broadcasts. In the spot, a mysterious black box is handed

off from driver to driver in a variety of Chevy cars and trucks filmed against a backdrop of New York City settings like the Brooklyn Bridge and Central Park. The surprise ending reveals the all new Chevy Tahoe and makes the connection between Chevrolet and New Year's Eve. The spot is particularly noteworthy because the final scene will be customized for other Chevrolet-sponsored media broadcast events throughout the year, including the Olympics.

"An American Revolution" was the platform for Chevy's unprecedented launch of ten all new cars in trucks in a 20-month timeframe including the Cobalt, HHR and all new Impala. And 2006 will be the "Year of the Truck" as Chevrolet gears up for the launch of a completely refreshed truck line. The all new Suburban, Avalanche and Silverado will join Tahoe as the "Revolution" races on in 2006.

The 2007 Chevy Tahoe has been engineered to deliver a smoother, quieter ride, more responsive handling and a more refined interior. The Vortec 5300 V8 engine with Active Fuel Management technology helps balance 320 horsepower with unsurpassed fuel economy (16 city/22 highway) and allows for seamless transition from eight cylinders to four and back again to give Tahoe drivers the power they expect.

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is one of America's most well-known and successful automotive brands. With the largest dealer network in the United States, Chevy is the leader in full-size trucks and the leader in sales of vehicles priced $35,000 and above. In addition, Chevrolet delivers more-than-expected value in every vehicle category, offering cars and trucks priced from $9,995 to $52,000. Offering dynamic yet timeless designs, Chevy owners demand great looks that don't go out of style, high performance per dollar, and features expected in more expensive vehicles.

Chevrolet's global headquarters is at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit. For more information, go to www.chevy.com.[/quote]

Sure 750,000 (estimated) people will be in Times Square but how many people will be watching on TV? I think more people watch ABC than NBC to see the ball drop but what do I know? I'll admit, it's an awesome way to launch the Tahoe the kind of creative marketing GM needs.

Sure 750,000 (estimated) people will be in Times Square but how many people will be watching on TV?  I think more people watch ABC than NBC to see the ball drop but what do I know?  I'll admit, it's an awesome way to launch the Tahoe the kind of creative marketing GM needs.

[post="59213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i dont know which channel i watch... but my family generally watches the ball drop usually im asleep but whatever

toyota will park a couple Prius two blocks away and call on the press to come report on how not only is a tahoe excess to drive, that the marketing campaign is also excessive as well. i think chevy's campaign is a great idea but toyota will find a way to use that and turn the press into negative for GM and positive for toyo.

toyota will park a couple Prius two blocks away and call on the press to come report on how not only is a tahoe excess to drive, that the marketing campaign is also excessive as well.

i think chevy's campaign is a great idea but toyota will find a way to use that and turn the press into negative for GM and positive for toyo.

[post="59236"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

not if GM can back up their fuel ecconomy claims about the GMT900...

lol... cause if you can get a tahoe with 23-24 mpg on the freeway, i've heard prius can get worse then a tahoe on fuel ecconomy... (i've heard as low as 22 with the a/c on)

GM's timing is not as bad as many think. If the SUV market is slow what would you rather have a old Tahoe or the new one? In this market the newest and best will doninate and It will be hard for the others to justify the cost of updates on slow products. GM will have the newest toy out there and many will opt for it. Also when the milage increases oner the next few years with the added technology GM sales will take less of a hit than the others on these high profit vehicles. I think in a few years we will look back and see it was not as good as it could have been if the price of oil stayed low. But we will see GM did better than the rest of the market in the long run. If they rode this out with the old truck sales would be well behind what we will see.

GM's timing is not as bad as many think.

If the SUV market is slow what would you rather have a old Tahoe or the new one?

In this market the newest and best will doninate and It will be hard for the others to justify the cost of updates on slow products.

GM will have the newest toy out there and many will opt for it. Also when the milage increases oner the next few years with the added technology GM sales will take less of a hit than the others on these high profit vehicles.

I think in a few years we will look back and see it was not as good as it could have been if the price of oil stayed low. But we will see GM did better than the rest of the market in the long run.

If they rode this out with the old truck sales would be well behind what we will see.

[post="59247"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think your right

This sounds like an excellent move by GM. I remember two years ago Mazda wanted to "own New Year's Day" with the 3, and I thought they did a pretty good job with it. Hopefully GM can do the same with the new Tahoe, and hopefully the dealers can get the '06s off the lot between now and then.