G6 CONVERTIBLE NOW AVAILABLE!

CadillacCTS

The G6 Convertible was added to the GM Canada order guides today. There is no pricing available, but there is a complete list of standard and optional equipment. The 6 speed manual transmission is not available on the convertible.

Exterior Colors:
Crimson Red
Ivory White
Black
Granite
Liquid Silver
Electric Blue

Wood interior trim is standard with the light taupe interior colour and the gunmetal accent is standard with the black interior.

Curb weight for the vehicle is 3818 lbs. for the GT and 3878 lbs. for the GTP. Edited by CadillacCTS

No stick? That's pretty stupid.

[post="58000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean its bad enough the 3.9 is only putting out 227hp in the convertible but there is no stick option too. Thats just shameful. It wouldn't be so bad if it was coming with the new 6-speed auto but unless I'm mistaken its coming with the reliable yet dated 4-speed auto. Well at least this will quash all the talk of the convert being canned.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean its bad enough the 3.9 is only putting out 227hp in the convertible but there is no stick option too. Thats just shameful. It wouldn't be so bad if it was coming with the new 6-speed auto but unless I'm mistaken its coming with the reliable yet dated 4-speed auto. Well at least this will quash all the talk of the convert being canned.

[post="58015"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, being a convertible, maybe they found it best that they offer it purely as an "automatic crusier" type, and not something that might be thrashed around like a 6-spd coupe might be. Maybe in the future, however, the stick will be available.

That's quite heavy, especially considering it has the detuned 227 HP 3900.

I don't know why you guys keep saying detuned 227 HP... The ordering guide says:

Engine, 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI (preliminary 240 HP [179 kW] @ 6000 rpm, 241 lb.-ft [326.5 N-m] @ 2800 rpm) for both GTP coupe and GTP Convertible.

I don't know why you guys keep saying detuned 227 HP...  The ordering guide says:

Engine, 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI (preliminary 240 HP [179 kW] @ 6000 rpm, 241 lb.-ft [326.5 N-m] @ 2800 rpm) for both GTP coupe and GTP Convertible.

[post="58059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, the main frame of the ordering guide needs an update.

Hasn't the ordering guide just been updated with G6 Convertible information? Information on Pontiac's site is older... could be correct, but it's older.

[post="58160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not sure, but you might be right. I just went back through it all and checked all the updates (last one was yesterday) at the end of the actual Print Book ordering guide, and there was no mention of the 227...just 240.

Not sure, but you might be right.  I just went back through it all and checked all the updates (last one was yesterday) at the end of the actual Print Book ordering guide, and there was no mention of the 227...just 240.

I'm just thinking that of all places that mention 3.9L engine's HP, Pontiac's site is the ONLY place that mentions 227.. in one spot. I'd say that is more likely to be wrong, but at the same time.. where the heck did they get that number from?

:rolleyes:

Or unless the 3.5L is stepping up to 227HP and they made a mistake by stating it as 3.9L...

[post="58221"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Being rated at 201, I hardly think such a jump is a possibility...BUT, I do wonder where the 227 came from. Sounds accurate to me, for whatever reason, though.

18" Wheels standard on the convertible? From the US ordering guide link: "Engine, 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI (201 HP [149.7 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 222 lb.-ft [300.7 N-m] @ 3200 rpm)" "NEW! Engine, 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI (preliminary 240 HP [179 kW] @ 6000 rpm, 241 lb.-ft [326.5 N-m] @ 2800 rpm)"

18" Wheels standard on the convertible?

From the US ordering guide link:
"Engine, 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI (201 HP [149.7 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 222 lb.-ft [300.7 N-m] @ 3200 rpm)"
"NEW!  Engine, 3.9L 3900 V6 SFI (preliminary 240 HP [179 kW] @ 6000 rpm, 241 lb.-ft [326.5 N-m] @ 2800 rpm)"

[post="58486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup your right, I just confirmed in the Canadian order guide and the 18 inch wheels are standard. Your engine numbers are right on too.

Added today to all of the G6 options was new "Driver and Passenger Seat Side Airbags", but dont worry you can also still get the package of both "Driver and Passenger Seat Side and Side Head Curtain Airbags".

** Heated Cloth Seats Were Added As A New Option On All G6's Today ***

I'm doubtful GM will spend the money on reengineering side curtain bags for the convertible. That's probably why the seat-mounted side airbags are available as stand-alone options. As far as performance, the GT sounds like it'll be a dog, with 201 hp, a four-speed automatic, and 3800 lbs with those heavy 18" wheels.

Added today to all of the G6 options was new "Driver and Passenger Seat Side Airbags", but dont worry you can also still get the package of both "Driver and Passenger Seat Side and Side Head Curtain Airbags".

** Heated Cloth Seats Were Added As A New Option On All G6's Today ***

[post="58503"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Side air bags should be standard.Every one else is making them standard but GM is penny pinching.

Side air bags should be standard.Every one else is making them standard but GM is penny pinching.

[post="58665"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree! Isn't Honda talking about making them standard? I know that Honda is in a better financial position than GM, but there are some standard features that offer competative advantages and some standard features that offer major competative advantages.

Ok... apparently 227 HP is correct. But G6 convertible is tuned to have max torque of 235 at 3000 rpm, while the coupe and sedan get max of 240 at 4600 rpm.

No clue why... but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles.

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/produ...20%28LZ9%29.pdf

[post="59929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, that is strange. All I could think of is that they're going for a different "feel" in each model...the convertible more of a torquey puller and the sedan/coupe more set to rev out.