Amazing LaCrosse Interior

zoomtm

I love how they call the damage "moderate". The whole front was replaced along with the airbags...STAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT CAR! And it has a branded title? I pity the fool that buys that wrecked junk. Someone is going to buy it, have lots of problems with it, and bash Buick and GM and America for producing poor quality cars. :angry:

It's GMCSD, short for GM Center Stack Disease. As far as center stacks go, the LaCrosse is one of the better recent ones that GM has done. Everything fits nicely, and from what I gathered when I sat in one, the switchgear is of pretty high quality. The biggest gaffe with the LaCrosse stack is the expanse of nothingness on eithter side of the radio and HVAC. If they narrowed it or put some plood, brushed plaluminum, or some plome (plastic chrome, get it? ;)) it'd be a lot better. The ebony inside, though, does hide it pretty nicely.

Buick really should have decided light or dark though with the plood. This orange sh!t just reeks of compromise. If they had been avant-garde and gone for an uber-blonde wood, it could have looked almost scandinavian inside (with the exception of the roundish center stack console shape). Had they gone for a dark plood, it would look clasically american. as of now, it just looks like trashy american cheese.

it would look classy like the mercury in your sig? ;)

[post="57589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was thinking of a dark brown wood, actually. The ash/grey wood in the Milan is classy IMO, but it's more European than American, something the LaCrosse isn't trying to be.

I've gotta tell you guys.  I sat in a Lacrosse not too long ago.  I wasn't impressed.  Sure, it looked nice from the pictures but when you actually get into the car, it looks quite boring and cheap.

Buick can do much better.

[post="57732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yes, I agree. a lot of the materials are nice, and give you nice feelings for where GM is headed, but it's not a total piece yet. GM still has a ways to get there, and the design is marred by details that shouldn't be present in a Buick, like the cheap-looking black plastic on the sides of the HVAC and radio controls, like z28luver was saying.

There is nothing cheap about this interior. It is very well done and Buick has a right to be proud of their effort here. It's light years ahead of the Regal it replaced. The new LaCrosse interior is completely appropriate. I find nothing lacking in this interior at all. It is where Buick should be.

I've always believed Buick's natural position is that of entry-level luxury, so target Volvo, Acura, Lexus [lower, cozy models], etc, except with Buick's own identity of catering to those who want to be pampered with a powerful car, more than just sporting dynamics. Or a richer version of Chrysler's 300, imo, should be Buick's perfect target. In order to get there, and command prices on the level of 29-45k, interior design and materials still need to go a slight ways. Look to Volvo and Acura for inspiration; also the Enclave should have something more than worthy.