MetallicA Christmas Album!

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles

I called HMV and I have news of it's ship date, December 20th - any MetallicA fans here plan on getting it? Edited by lance armstrong's Testicles

I might get it...I read the January Guitar World where they interviewed Kirk and he said they'll have solos in it again--thank god. Although, the hype was that St. Anger would sound like Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning...instead it sounded like a poorly produced nu-metal album made with garbage cans for drums.

I'm still a Metallica fan, and they're still by #1 band (saw 'em live in August 2004), but if this new album sounds like crap, I won't buy it. There's simply other albums that I'd rather buy if it doesn't sound like classic Metallica. I own every Metallica album except for St. Anger, and I don't plan on buying it anytime soon.

Edit: I read your first sentence wrong. Edited by mustang84

Well, their version of Carol of the Bells with the Trans Siberian Orchestra was pretty cool. I'm wary of an entire album like that, but if it's all instrumental, it might work. The idea of hearing James growling Silent Night accompanied by the world's most overused wah pedal doesn't sound too apealing.

Is this a joke??? :huh:

Oh wait, this is going to be an actual Christmas album?  I thought this was referring to the album of new material that is supposed to be released sometime early next year.  I didn't know they were doing a Christmas one as well.

[post="57501"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe it is just a regular album? This is the first I've heard of a new album from Metallica, and the title made me think it's a holiday one.

Now I'm even more confused.

Edit: After checking out the forums on metallica.com, it appears it'll be a regular album. Edited by Enzora

to the best of my understandings this will be a Christmas-season themed Metallica album guess we have to wait and see whats actually on it