Misc. Camaro Stuff

HarleyEarl

The phenomenal '69 Camaro ZL1 with 430 horsepower, cost 7,000 dollars when a regular Camaro cost 3,000.

Posted Image

[post="56635"][/post]

Yes it did... but it was worht every penny. For $7000 you could have bought two Mustang GTs... but those would be worth about $15,000 in mint condition these days while the ZL1 is worht $850,000 mint

By "regular," do you mean a base V6? Or a topped-out SS?

[post="56639"][/post]

Not an SS or a Z/28 but a 327 Coupe with a few options.

Also the six cylinder F-bodys were all Inline sixes for the first decade... All first gen Camaros wiht a six-banger got the stovebolt six successor of the time while all 6-cylinder firebirds had OHC Inline Sixes that were very cutting edge at the time. (I doubt Toyota or Honda had OHCs in the mid-to-late 1960s)

http://www.hemmings.com/images/dealers/sho...es/C54321-2.jpg

1965 clay: Still the "Panther"

Posted Image

1967 MY (Grumpy Jenkins)

Posted Image

1968 MY

Posted Image

1969 Yenko Super Camaro 427 B) Note to Mustang: Bow down B1tch!

Posted Image

1970.5 anyone else prefer the non-RS 70-72 cars? Split bumper is a bit awkward for me.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-197...sy-1280x960.jpg

Posted Image

ya baby.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="56622"][/post]

The Foose Camaro by Unique Performance...yours for a only $109,000! With options, they expect it to top out around $179,000. Unique and Year One will be selling the parts separately too. Unique has done good things for the Shelby G.T.500E's...should be good for the Camaro as well. Was a good episode of Rides when they covered the build process for that car.

Don't forget the convertible version!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't like the RS front ends all that much. They look busy and kind of awkward. Semi-gloss black is the way they were meant to look.

Posted Image

40yr old Camaro overload :puke: .

[post="57729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dude no one's FORCING you to look at the thread. Some of these cars you're complaining about (like the yellow ZL1) are worth more than a new Exotic Ferrari.

Well heres the story that was 20+ years in the making. It all started when my dad followed a man home who was in a lemans blue '69 RS. He came back a couple of years later and found it parked behind the house. Well about every year or so he'd make a routine stop by the mans house to see if he'd sell it, but the man never accepted an offer. Last june the man finally asked how much my dad would offer but my dad told him to come up with a price that would make him happy. He stopped by last july and offered the man $2000 for it and he said sure. My dad ended up with an original owner, lemans blue 1969 rs camaro. On the a side note, the day after my dad got me an original owner 1964 el'camino, with original paint and a corvette 283 with an M-22. Edited by greengiant

I saw the Unique Perf./Foose Camaro in person this past Sept. alone with their 350GT stang.

If you guys want to see some other cool Pro Touring Camaro's, check out www.lateral-g.net and look in the gallery.

I'm currently building a PT '68 here's some pics of the front clip, that's all the further I am on it right now. I plan on doing a LS1 swap in it as well. Also here's a pic when I first got it home a little over a year ago. Paid $1900 for it as a roller.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by BuddyP

I saw the Unique Perf./Foose Camaro in person this past Sept. alone with their 350GT stang.

If you guys want to see some other cool Pro Touring Camaro's, check out www.lateral-g.net and look in the gallery.

I'm currently building a PT '68 here's some pics of the front clip, that's all the further I am on it right now. I plan on doing a LS1 swap in it as well. Also here's a pic when I first got it home a little over a year ago. Paid $1900 for it as a roller.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="59122"][/post]

Sweet!! Im about to start up my own 68. What are your plans for wheel size and type on it to go with that suspension? Also anything special you are going to do with the rear suspension?

My dad ended up with an original owner, lemans blue 1969 rs camaro...
On the a side note, the day after my dad got me an original owner 1964 el'camino, with original paint and a corvette 283 with an M-22.

[post="57775"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

DO you think your dad would adopt a poor little orphan like myself. :AH-HA_wink:

Thanks NOS2006!

Sweet!! Im about to start up my own 68. What are your plans for wheel size and type on it to go with that suspension? Also anything special you are going to do with the rear suspension?

Wheel size I plan on going with 8"x17" up front and 9.5"x18" in back. Those are the maximum widths you can pretty much go on a stock chassis. Not sure on wheels yet, probably billet wheels but I do like the aftermarket C6 Z06 wheels, but the front's only come in 8.5" wide, that may be a bit too tight. I have awhile to think about that though. I thought about a DSE (detroit speed and engineering) mini tub kit that would allow up to 11" or 12" wide rears but that's just more $$$ that I don't have LOL!

With the front end I did what is called the Guldstrand Mod, basically lowering the upper control arms, Hotchkis drop springs, Hotckis shocks (revalved Bilsteins), Hotckis 1 1/8" sway bar, ditched the old rubber bushings for Delrin/Aluminum bushings and of course the Wilwood 4 pistons brakes. The rear I plan on (at this time) just using DSE drop leafs. If I feel the cash is there I may go with a 3 link coil over but right now am leaning toward the drop leafs.

Check out lateral-g.net and www.pro-touring.com when you get into your project. I'm on PT.com a lot and there is soooo much info on there and the people really help you out.

Here's a couple other pics of the front end rebuild....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by BuddyP

What was the uncommon gear option. We used to have an I-ROC 350 and my dad said that it topped out at 150 mph stock. He said something about it had some special factory gears....

[post="62406"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry but your dad is wrong. There is no stock 3rd gen that will do 150 stock. The 700R4 was geared for acceleration not top end or fuel economy. Besides the L98 fell on its face a little above 5000 RPMs. I belive 3.23 was the only rear ratio available for the 350 cars. 3.42s were on G92 5 speed 305 TPI cars and 2.73 and 3.23 were available on both the 2.8/3.1 MPFI V6 and the 305 TBI cars.

Edit your dad's Iroc could have been an 89 which would have had the Aussie 9 bolt BUT it was still a 3.23 rear and still wouldn't do 150. Edited by 91z4me

It was an '89. Sorry I forgot the year.  I think it was special order or something, cause it had a different speedo. Oh an keep in mind this is all from when I was 5.

[post="62475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You could order a higher speedo but it was not factory it was aftermarket. All G92 Camaros had a 145 speedo from 87 onward, when the 350 was put back into the Camaro.

Ignore the crappy wheels

There's nothing wrong wiht BBS rims... esp. on a sharp looking 1980s or 1990s car like a '91/'91 Camaro. I'd love to ahve that car... except wiht my OWN motor in it. :D

Here's some more yummy Camaros:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Never know what you'll find on Google... this is a Manage a trois I can dig. :D

Posted Image

Some more sexy ladys with Camaros.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those gothic rims are top notch on a 3rd gen ragtop. :D

I just can't stop myself....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

HO HO HO Green Giant: Image Google search. :)

I'm with you AAS. I'd be like "Get the hell off. You're gonna scratch the paint."

[post="62908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yyyyup! Life it tough when you have to choose between your car and smokin hot women. But, like I said... only the car is off limits...