Something wierd...

ToniCipriani

OK, some strange situation arose for my G6. I talked to my dad, and since we wanted to lose the dependency on the co-lessee, my dad is now financing me instead, and we are going to cash purchase it. Something to do with the insurance stuff. However, I called the dealer today in order to deal the price of the car again, and all of a sudden I was told that the saleslady I was dealing with is no longer with the dealership, and now I find myself dealing directly with the sales manager. Things were wierd. I sent her numerous e-mails in the past week, none of them got replied. About 2 days ago, when I got worried about my deposit, I went in to confirm the status of my car, she wasn't there as well. and now this. Anything screwy about this? Or am I just paranoid? Why do these things keep happening? I got to say that this isn't really a good start for me on my first purchase of a car. :blink: :angry: Edited by ToniCipriani

I am just throwing this out there because I have seen this happen before.... is it possible that the deal got badly screwed up at their end and they either can't get the car at all (allocation issues) or they are at or below cost? Stall tactics and smokescreens usually mean the deal has gone very sour. I once screwed up a deal by forgetting to put the freight back in the payment and we ended up selling a Cavalier for cost. I got in trouble but the dealer honored the contract. The sudden departure of the salesperson is strange. Was she new?

I don't know really know. Although she does look new, because she didn't seem to know the different between leasing and selling. When we first dealt with it, she ran back and forth between me and the sales manager trying to understand what is going on. She looked really confused. They did get me a car now. They upgraded me to a V6, and told me a slight difference. I accepted it and now they are getting the car for me. But I guess I need to deal again since I'm no longer leasing but purchasing. I just feel uneasy about what has happened, since I dealt with this straight from November till now. After all it's my first big purchase. Not too too happy with the dealership's arrangements either. Edited by ToniCipriani