MT Car of the Year

mystik

Heres some of the things that were said about GM in this years COTY test. Impala: "More like a water buffalo than an Impala" Cobalt: "The best Cavalier ever!" HHR: "Better late than never." Solstice: "Proves looks arent everything." Lucerne: "Its a better Buick. But is that enough?" DTS: "Cadillac still needs a flagship sedan." Hyundai Azera: "Its not Lexus GM should be worried about. Its these guys. When better Buicks are built, Hyundai will build them." Toyota Avalon: "The best Buick GM never built." Oh and Cadillac pretty much lost the STS-V Comparison because it was a Cadillac. They ended it by saying 'Yeah Cadillacs was good, but we just cant place it in front of a Mercedes'. "The STS-V does such an honest job that one no longer needs to ask whether Cadillac deserves to play in this universe. The STS-V appears the better buy, but with a major caveat. Cadillac is new to this price territory. Can it play at 75k and is it liley to hold its value as well as BMW or Mercedes? If not, then its up front price advantage will dwindle." The hell? And they compared the SRX AGAIN to the new R500 and Volvo XC90. How many comparison tests has the SRX been in? Naturally, it came in third. Oh and there was the standard GM is going out of business article in the front. Just a heads up on some fiiiine reading.

Needless to say... I was shocked and appalled. I mean, I have never seen such biased writing. It's ridiculous. They bash at every slight chance they get and sometimes for no appearant reason. It's been ever since that Austrailian took over too... The magazine now looks atrocious with atrocious writing to match... What's more is that they seem to like the vehicle and almost praise it, but at the end, bash and belittle it. They did it specifically with the Lucerne CXS, the G6 GTP coupe, and the Cobalt SS sedan. They also nitpicked the Solstice to death. "Oh... the cup holders are inaccessable" "It took us 10 minutes to put the top up" (not exact quotes, but exaggerations of exaggerations) I find it highly unlikely it took them 10 minutes to put the top up, btw. What are they... retarded? Then there is the Civic. Just compared reviews. MT's sounds like a Honda advertisement...

Funny thing is, I bought 2 years of MT because for a while they were better at not bashing GM than Car and Driver. But lately, its been nothing but Japan-biased drivel. In the SUV of the year, they wrote 2/3 of the article on how the I-5 sucks on the H3. Then one smaller paragraph about the nice leather, great interior, and superior off road abilities. But come on man...this is getting downright ridiculous. Comparing the SRX AGAIN? We get it, its old! It PISSES me off to see such an exaggeration of opinion. Ford doesnt get any love either. It seems an American brand can only get any love if it merges with a foreign brand...

I know that one should know the enemy well, but I haven't read MT in about two years. I just became sick of seeing the HOnda/Toyota love fest.

The Automotive Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) just had their 10 Best of 2006 - only one domestic in the bunch (surprise!) Best New Economy Car Civic Best New Family Car (over $35K) Hyundai Azera Best New Multipurpose Family Vehicle: Mazda 5 Best new Modern Muscle Car: Dodge Magnum Best New Family Car (under $35K) Hyundai Sonata GLS Best New Sports Sedan: BMW 3 Best New Sport Car: CIVIC Si Best New Pickup Truck: Ridgeline Best New LUxury/Prestige: BMW 5 Best New SUV: Mercedes M-Class Special Award for Most Coveted Vehicle: Z06 Frankly, with all the awards from all the magazines or organizations going to the imports, it is AMAZING that GM is holding onto 28% market share. The AJAC voted the Pursuit dead last in the Economy car class, with the Yaris, Accent, Rio5, HHR and Pursuit in that order. The Sonata won over the Passat, Fusion, Jetta and (get ready for this) Impala.... I would continue, but my hands are shaking so badly as I write this that I may hurt myself..............

Funny how car and driver tested the Cddy and AMG and the Caddy came out ahead of it! Though the BMW was first. MT car of the they year is advertising driven and had been documented. You spend a lot of many with MT you get the wink wink nod nod every time. Past car of the year winners were things like a Torino, Gremlin, Renult, Vega and many more unforgetable cars. I think they have lost a lot of credibility on their award and few really pay attention to it. Mostly the same folks who think Consumer Guide knows it all. Ask a real car person they know whats up!

Oh and Cadillac pretty much lost the STS-V Comparison because it was a Cadillac. They ended it by saying 'Yeah Cadillacs was good, but we just cant place it in front of a Mercedes'.

"The STS-V does such an honest job that one no longer needs to ask whether Cadillac deserves to play in this universe. The STS-V appears the better buy, but with a major caveat. Cadillac is new to this price territory. Can it play at 75k and is it liley to hold its value as well as BMW or Mercedes? If not, then its up front price advantage will dwindle."

[post="55962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cadillac should have made this car faster than the AMG or M. Those cars are already known as high performance models. They should have just put 7.0 liter out of Z06 and its 6spd in there. Since it is new to the game, it should stand performance wise not come behind them.

Heres some of the things that were said about GM in this years COTY test.
Lucerne: "Its a better Buick. But is that enough?"
Hyundai Azera: "Its not Lexus GM should be worried about. Its these guys. When better Buicks are built, Hyundai will build them."
Toyota Avalon: "The best Buick GM never built."

[post="55962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

<_< Gee, with all the interest in building something like a Buick, GM needs to step up its Buick revitalization.

Hyundai Azera: "Its not Lexus GM should be worried about. Its these guys. When better Buicks are built, Hyundai will build them."

the hell with them! I sat in an Azera and it's covered with hard and cheap plastics.. even some of the fittings on the dash by the door side aren't done right, and it was already breaking apart and it was in the showroom!

Here goes a onslaught of Hate Mail to MT. If they want to be bias dont make it so obvious. Funny the only car they liked but quickly rebuttled with how bad it is was the Z06.