TAHOE...Disable DRL's

SK63

I hope you don't find this as a rude question but why do you find them so annoying? I personally like them. There's a reason why automakers are making them standard on new vehicles. They're there to make people notice other cars more during the daytime. They really help.

How does one disable the Daytime Running Lights on a 06 Tahoe ?, they irritate me

[post="55888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you go to the headlight control box, turn the knob to the left. I think by doing that it disables the automatic headlights and the DRLs turn off. It is not permanent and the DRLs come back on when you restart the car.
A permanent way would be to probably just remove the bulb.

I hope you don't find this as a rude question but why do you find them so annoying?

No not rude. It's a good question and I don't really have an answer ! I guess it's just a preference. Maybe I'm some kind of purist or something like that. Good question, I'll have to keep thinking about it

No not rude. It's a good question and I don't really have an answer ! I guess it's just a preference. Maybe I'm some kind of purist or something like that. Good question, I'll have to keep thinking about it

[post="56232"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Studies have shown they reduce day time accidents by 50 %....
So I guess you have to ask yourself, do ya feel lucky?

Depress the Dome Light switch 4x in 6 sec. Should be in the OM.

[post="56341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's just for the Silverado... the Tahoe/Burban do not have a dome over-ride switch. Well then again I have not been selling new GM vehicles since 2003 so I'm out of the loop. If I sat behind the wheel it would probably jog my memory.

I personally believe in DRLs. Once less thing to worry about... if it gets overcast, fogy or whatever low-visibility conditon may occur you have those DRLs to make it less likely that some airhead does not kill you in a head-on collision when he whips around a corner while yakkin on her/his cell phone and adjusting his radio.

[post="56262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

While DRLs make some people feel safe, they are annoying and distracting to others (me.)

Invariably in the daytime when I see GM's (BRIGHT they are) DRLs on, they cause me to glance and see what's shining....taking my eyes OFF driving my car on the road.

I turn mine off every time I get in the car.

hmmmm...i wonder what will happen if i honk the horn 8 times in 5 seconds and whisper the secret password into the onstar mic...

[post="56346"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A cop will give you a ticket for "being annoying in public" It's called an 11-76. :P

[post="56262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BS! Show the study or I have to call you on it. Insurance companies statistics show no appreciable difference. Thats why there is no recduction in premiums for DRL's. In fact I find DRL's just add to the sea of glare and make it harder to pick out a vehicle on sunny days.

BS!  Show the study or I have to call you on it.  Insurance companies statistics show no appreciable difference.  Thats why there is no recduction in premiums for DRL's.  In fact I find DRL's just add to the sea of glare and make it harder to pick out a vehicle on sunny days.

[post="56382"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uhhh...we get a deduction for our DRLs...

That's just for the Silverado... the Tahoe/Burban do not have a dome over-ride switch. Well then again I have not been selling new GM vehicles since 2003 so I'm out of the loop. If I sat behind the wheel it would probably jog my memory.
I personally believe in DRLs. Once less thing to worry about... if it gets overcast, fogy or whatever low-visibility conditon may occur you have those DRLs to make it less likely that some airhead does not kill you in a head-on collision when he whips around a corner while yakkin on her/his cell phone and adjusting his radio.

[post="56348"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think you are right.

BS!  Show the study or I have to call you on it.  Insurance companies statistics show no appreciable difference.  Thats why there is no recduction in premiums for DRL's.  In fact I find DRL's just add to the sea of glare and make it harder to pick out a vehicle on sunny days.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NC.../Background.htm

Wow, sucks to be you.  You and Paulie should get together and talk about your mutual light-sensitivity issues.

[post="56358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whoah... what light sensitivity issues?! The fact that I hate people who drive with their brights on during the day? (yes, I see it more than one could imagine)

Or large trucks with their 30 foglamps and lights on in my rear window in the dead of night?

Those to me are legit.

I just remember back on a previous DRL thread on the old boards you said you had issues driving at night because of a light sensitivity, and that you couldn't handle HIDs and were blinded by them and even some regular headlights. That's all I was referring to.

How does one disable the Daytime Running Lights on a 06 Tahoe ?, they irritate me

[post="55888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

just change the switch on the side to no lights... instead of auto... i beleive if you turn it to the open circle you should have nothing...

let me research it for you though..

I will try to find it, I think it may have been a Canadian study...
I didn't just make it up.

[post="56348"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually... they do have a dome over-ride switch. (I just checked our '02 Tahoe)

Croc: I wish you would take a vacation. Please!? Maybe a few of us here can chip in and get you some gas money for your Mercedes and you can take off for a while.