Edmunds: Americans more likely to choose Chinese than Korean?

Robert Hall

Interesting...well, Genericans are already used to Chinese products from their Wal-Marting.

Americans: more likely to buy Chinese cars than Korean?

Also saw this Tweet from Auto Pacific below:

"

A staggering 40% of Gen Y are open to an auto from China, compared to 16% overall. Grew up global; to them it simply isn’t far-fetched."

I know I'm more likely to pick Chinese food over Korean, though probably would pick Thai or Indian over both... but not with cars. :)

Rob

I'm trying to remember if I've ridden in a Korean car. About the only experience I can remember was around 1995 in a Hyundai Scoupe rental, from Boston area to Newport, RI and back July 4th weekend..the car lurched...very rough driving.

Rob

What the hell kind of choice is THAT ??

Hard to believe that with all the experience young folk have had with chinese-made goods that they would consider investing in them at the price level of a new car.

I guess more than just about anything, that points to the failure of the modern American educational system.

I don't know what I drive...

It's an American branded car sold in Canada. It was designed in Italy with its engine from Australia and a transmission designed in Germany. Altogether assembled in Korea.

In the end, I guess it's more Korean than anything?

I don't know, I've never seen a car made in China, aside from Matchbox Hot Wheels. I really couldn't tell you what I'd prefer.