GM to Speed up Production of new trucks

mphmag

Tahoe - SORP (start of production) is 12/5/05
Yukon - 1/9/06
Escalade - 1/16/06
Suburban/Yukon XL - 3/20/06
Avalanche - 4/3/06
Silverado/Sierra Crew Cab - 10/2/06 (other variations following shortly)

[post="51752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He's right on the money!

He's right on the money!

[post="55092"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He's a flippin genious!

GM is looking to make quite the splash in '06. I have a feeling the funding for many vehicles later in the decade will be paid for in '06.

This is good news. Only thing is, I hope things like the 6spd auto and hybrid powertrains get pushed ahead along with it.

This is good to hear. The sooner the better. I hope the Avalance and Silverado have a more agressive front end than the Tahoe. The Tahoe looks fine for the soccer mom demographics, but looks wimpy for a truck and the heavily main demographic there. Mark

This is good to hear.  The sooner the better.

I hope the Avalance and Silverado have a more agressive front end than the Tahoe.  The Tahoe looks fine for the soccer mom demographics, but looks wimpy for a truck and the heavily main demographic there.
Mark

[post="55260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

maybe this is where GMC will stick in...

something more agressive

maybe this is where GMC will stick in...

something more agressive

[post="55491"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, right....the puffy Buick blob also known as the '07 Yukon....REAL aggressive :rolleyes:

If anything, the GMC makes the Chevy look cool and crisp now. Edited by caddycruiser

This is good to hear.  The sooner the better.

I hope the Avalance and Silverado have a more agressive front end than the Tahoe.  The Tahoe looks fine for the soccer mom demographics, but looks wimpy for a truck and the heavily main demographic there.
Mark

[post="55260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw the Tahoe at the Phoenix Auto show. I looks 300 % better in person. Anything but a soccer mom's car. Can't wait for mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, why such a large amount of time between the Avalanche and Silverado/Sierras? Seems odd.

[post="55146"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the Avalanche is not a truck but chopped up burb thats why it will released with the burb and escalade ext so i would expext the tahoa/burb nose :P