Cadillac Sixteen

HarleyEarl

one of the most beautiful, real, foward-thinking concepts ever produced. That Cadillac, produced today, would belong right in the upper echeleon of luxury cars, and looks like it belongs parked next to that Continental GT.

[post="54387"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think it is parked next to one... look in the uper corner... that looks like a good grill

NBW: Good catch, yes that is a Conti GT in the first photo. This has to be one of the most stunning and elegant concepts of all time. Easily in my personal top five coolest concept cars of all time. I bought tow white diamond pearl HotWeels SIXTEENS the other day and a third today... one to unwrap for myself, one for Sofia to play with and one to keep in the originla package. Can you imagine a production SIXTEEN sitting in some Billionares Garage.... a stunning Bugati Royale on one side and a 1932 DOHC Deusenberg Phaeton on the other.

It makes the 1989 Viper concept look half assed and lame by contrast, a 2006 DTS looks downright cheesy like a package of Cheddar Combos in comparison and the proportions are 1935 all the way!

A Corvette Sedan with a degree in Rocket science and a set of 36DDs!!! :metal:

Posted Image

Perhaps I misspoke. I usually consider cars, esp. sexy ones to be girls... but in this case perhaps the Sixteen is a guy. I mean this is pretty much the equivelant of a 17" C@ck.

Shhhhh-LONG Edited by Sixty8panther

I'm sorry I just can't stay away from this thread. I love this car so much... :wub:

Anyway I just thought of 3 more points:

1. This HAS to be the coolest non-finned post-WWII 4dr ever made.

2. The sexiest hardtop of the past 36 years. Hands down!

3. How about a dual-cowl Phaeton? God it would be sweet.

http://thelundgrens.us/albums/Cadillac/193...n_001.sized.jpg

http://www.campbellriversales.com/vintcar1...Phaeton-fvl.JPG

Fly: No worse than this: (the car we must not speak of) :lol: user posted image Harley: I believe it was either Jehowa or Ghandi... or perhaps Jesus or Budha? I forget. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Sixty8panther

See, that looks...meh...okay...but imagine it with the tops up. Lousy. Plus, that was more of a bathtub shape. Something as rounded and flowing as the Sixteen relies on its solid roofline for its looks. A dual cowl whatever would make it...again...awkward.

The Sixteen is the Greatest, Grandest, Best Looking Automobile in the history of the world.

[post="54912"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll drink to that! :cheers: ~ hick ~

Fly:

I see waht you're saying but as far as the top up, why the hell would you ever put the top up on a D.C.P.? Kind of like putting snow tires on a Lamborghini. I'd drive that sh1t through pouring rain with the top down.

Then again I'm not a good example of sane and rational thought. As a car salesman I used to drive a convertible on winter days in the snow with the top down. Ever pull up to Dunkin Donuts in a 1999 Mustang GT ragtop wiht the top down on Dec. 23rd during the start of a massive blizzard? It's worht the fuss I assure you! :wacko: :P

The Sixteen is the Greatest, Grandest, Best Looking Automobile in the history of the world.

[post="54912"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Totally agree.....it's like, designers may as well put their pens down. Give up. No one could possibly improve on this. The powerful stance, it's majestic presence, it's heroic posture, it's clean pure lines, perfect merging of past and future. The Sixteen.

GM has one or two sixteen mock-ups occasionally touring the dealerships. I can see the seats in this one so it must be the real thing.

If only the STS had that back end!

The time for boring cars has come to an end. Come on GM make all your vehicles as exciting as the Sixteen.

GM has one or two sixteen mock-ups occasionally touring the dealerships. I can see the seats in this one so it must be the real thing.

If only the STS had that back end!

The time for boring cars has come to an end. Come on GM make all your vehicles as exciting as the Sixteen.

[post="55113"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yes...the STS's weak spot is the rear.....it would have benefitted from the Sixteen inspiration.

The Sixteen is, to me, the best concept car EVER made. And it has nothing to do with me being a GM fan. I nearly died when I heard GM wasn't going towards the Sixteen direction with the future Cadillacs. I think it's one of THE most stupidest and utterly ignorant decisions GM has made with Lutz.

What would one look like in a color other than black? Would it look as good?

[post="56542"][/post]

Funny you should say that.... just the otehr day I walked into KB Toys and walked off with two AWSOME hot Wheels cars.

The first one was a 1969 Corvette ZL1 in Daytona Yellow (they made one white and one yellow one.... that's it) more on that later.

The other one was a Cadillac Sixteen in white diamond pearl.

Needless to say I walked into the house that night and told Marcia: My top two favorite hot wheels cars of all time have now been bumped to No. 3 and 4. Seriously go get it. I've only found one other Zl1 but I got three more pearl Sixteens. I love them damn things. :wub:

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

That engine bay shot above is why bentleys & maybach fail so miserably in my eye. Multi-hundred grand autos should not have dumpster-loads of plastic underhood & in the interior like they do; the same cheap crap a $15K car has, only a 'nicer grained' crap. Plastic is the root of cheapness- synthetic ready-mix chemicals injection-molded into shape. No craftsmanship, no fabrication, no elements, just... plastic. Whoopie-sh!t. Would you buy a car made by Revell or MonoGram? Oh, wait, we all do. It's a primary reason I'm not brainwashed that modern autos are the Greatest Thing Ever when a '64 Pontiac has a nicer interior than a $250K Bentley.....

Yup... now I'm not an interior fanatic like so many others but if I was going to obsess with something on the inside of the car, the dash would be it. When I sit in a 1959 Buick, 1962 Cadillac or even a basic and "cheap" 1963 Plymouth there's a lot of eye candy. But even the nicest new Lexus is just a combination of flat black and some chrome touches... nothing to go nuts over.

the beltline scoups down for the window cut-line if it were strait and normal then it would be completely perfect

[post="56907"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This is a very subtle styling cue that harkens back to the Coachbuilt 1930s luxury behemoths.