PBA cards...

balthazar

My State Police PBA card got me out of 2 very serious tickets today: driving on the wrong side of the road and 'failure to follow the direction of a police officer'. >>Insert gigantic WHEW!! here<<

Last time I had a road altercation was '97: a woman stopped short in a busy roadway right in front of me, I swerved and would've missed her completely (my left headlight clipped her right taillight), but a dump truck was parked & blocking the shoulder (so much for 'less-than-ridgeline-handling'!). Then, the officer said "I'm not going to give you a ticket" but 2 weeks later one arrived in the mail after an 'administrative review' of the report.

Keeping that in mind, I will be sh!tt!ing a brick for the next 2 weeks or so.

Any PBA card stories out there? Will this one be the "Get out of jail free" card like the nice officer said or is my mailbox a ticking time bomb?

sign me --Nervous Norvus

Oh, 'Policeman's Benevolent Association'. Basically sez 'This (below signed) cop sez this cardholder is a safe driver & a great individual'. They are tendered in times of duress in a sort of 'under the table' manner and they usually work to reduce that stress to a warning. empowah- without going into it all deeply; it was a T intersection, traffic was directed right but the road was blocked by the cruiser, a water tanker truck & a stopped motorist. I went to the left of the half dozen cones and turned left, since the cone-directed flow to the right was dead-ended (temporarily).