Take "Your" Car and... Modify it!

NOS2006

What options does "your" (the one you consider mostly yours) vehicle have that you don't want/need? What would you add if you had the chance to? I'll use the Camaro for this... What I don't want/need on it: I really don't need a power driver's seat. Manual seats are particularly easy to use and easier to uninstall from the car. Another thing is a cigarrette lighter, but the ashtray is fine because that's where I store my cell phone. Some things that would've been sweet: AWD for sure. I've been thinking about it lately and damn would it be nice, especially in this snow. Automatic start just to warm the car up w/out going outside to do it. Foglights that come on WITH the brights on. My fogs turn off as soon as the brights turn on. I know this could be re-wired, but what was the point in the first place? Manual windows along with the existing power windows. When the power ones go out.. it's a nice thing to be able to put the window up that died half way down.

Oh... my GA doesn't have enough of anything for me to not want something. Lot's of wants, though. Power windows would have been nice instead of the crappy cheap manual ones that don't work properly. Working A/C. Yes, I said it. Shoot me. :P A sunroof. Since the A/C doesn't work and rolling the windows down isn't adequate cooling. That I love having a window to look out above me.. Its great to do that while driving. :lol: :D j/k Ah... who cares? I'm selling the damn thing anyways.

Foglights that come on WITH the brights on. My fogs turn off as soon as the brights turn on. I know this could be re-wired, but what was the point in the first place?

[post="53202"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Highbeams tend to just reflect back off the fog, so if you have your foglamps on in fog like a normal person, there's no reason for highbeams.

As far as my car:
I want HUD, a usuable nozzle for the air compressor, glass roof, Stabilitrak, Magnaride, and adjustable-height seatbelts, not for me, but my girlfriend. Also, memory function on the seatbacks. In lieu of a glass roof, an astroroof would do fine as well as the Autobahn package with its more generous final drive ratio and higher top-speed. Also, to not use 93 octane fuel.

In terms of things I want and can actually get, chrome 16" Classic wheels or alloy '01 16" wheels, mirror compass readout, and a wood dash/IP kit.

Highbeams tend to just reflect back off the fog, so if you have your foglamps on in fog like a normal person, there's no reason for highbeams.

Oh.. but highbeams are much, much brighter than fogs+low beams. Fogs are not that bright (atleast mine aren't), so they really don't carry any other use than to give an extra touch of light right in front of you. That could come in handy since highbeams are directed much, much further in front of the vehicle. That too is something I hated about my GA....

It also f**ked up something with my headlight stalk/electrical system so that it will only switch to highbeams when the fogs are off and after your hand is sore from trying to turn them on over and over and over and over and over again. Annoying is an understatement.

It also f**ked up something with my headlight stalk/electrical system so that it will only switch to highbeams when the fogs are off and after your hand is sore from trying to turn them on over and over and over and over and over again. Annoying is an understatement.

[post="53318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, that's totally a BV'd feature exclusive to your car.

Most foglamps on cars today are pretty useless anyway, too low-intensity to do any good. Its totally a style thing, but I do want them because they fill the holes drilled in the lower fascia.

Yeah, that's totally a BV'd feature exclusive to your car.

Figures... :P

Most foglamps on cars today are pretty useless anyway, too low-intensity to do any good. Its totally a style thing, but I do want them because they fill the holes drilled in the lower fascia.

I was going to say that too... :D

No, I want fogs w/ the high beams because then I can see close and far. My highbeams go STRAIGHT out and I can't see the full spectrum, only things way far ahead of me. The fogs will make it so I can see something close, like a pothole I may have missed from far away (hey, I'm in MI dudes lol)

My car's too small altogether, no power goodies except for the locks, and has the fuel economy of a V6, minus the power. That's why I'm dumping it :P Well, for my G6, since I'm getting nearly everything, so I'm happy with it. The only thing I want is a manual transmission (although I still don't know how to drive it).

I wish my car came with an LSD...preferrably the 3.15 out of the M5, or maybe a 3.46, but any lsd is going to be in the 5 grand range...I don't get it, BMW put a 3.15 (non-lsd) in e39 540's with the autos, but the 6-speeds only got 2.82 (or 2.9, somewhere around there)...But I'd love an LSD. As far as options go, I pretty much have everything I would want in my car...the rear sunshades would be cool, but it would be one of those things I'd never use but want it just because it's neat. Same goes for Navigation. Instead of a tape deck in dash, I'd rather have the cd player (though it comes with a 6-disk changer, but it's in the back). I've looked at the cd players that go in the place of the tape deck, bmw makes a nice one which can play mp3 cd's and has an ipod hookup, right now I am utilizing the tape deck with one of those ipod hookup things. I'd love to get better than 15mpg too. As far as custom work, I'm planning on getting a short shift kit and linkage setup for xmas hopefully. I'm looking into an M5 front bumper and M-technik rear bumper, an Eisenmann race exhaust with resonator delete, Angel eye headlights with clear corner lenses(the front bumper and the headlights I will probably get after the holiday season is over), also I want to get an M5 rear sway bar (I'd love to get the front too, but I hear they are a bitch to install and require dropping the subframe) and I'd like to get the Dinan front and rear tower braces. I'd love to get H&R coilovers, but at 2 grand they aren't cheap, and I have heard of a different setup that is coming out which is a damn good setup and costs less than half as much. As for other things, I'd love to get the Dinan mass airflow sensor and throttle body and Dinan intake manifold. The manifold id pricey at 1500 though and the MAF and TB are also pretty damn expensive considering they probably don't give much as far as performance gains (though every little bit helps). Then there is the LSD...I could probably find one in the 3-5 grand range. Then there is the supercharger. Dinan makes a supercharger but the package is 30 grand. There is another company who makes superchargers specifically for my car and they are around 4-6 grand I believe. Other things would be sound system upgrades...the bmw sound systems aren't that great (well, not low volume anyways...turn them up and they're wonderful). My woofers are shot so I want to look into some nice subs for it...I'm thinkin a couple JL W7's but we'll see. Sheesh...I guess I better start savin :P

I want my car to be a convertible. I think a drop-top Cobalt would be downright sexy. As far as obtainable mods, I think the body kit and wheels from the 2.4L SS would be nice, and I'd like to pull another 30-40hp out of my 2.2 without resorting to supercharging.

I want my car to be a convertible. I think a drop-top Cobalt would be downright sexy.

As far as obtainable mods, I think the body kit and wheels from the 2.4L SS would be nice, and I'd like to pull another 30-40hp out of my 2.2 without resorting to supercharging.

[post="53366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sounds like intake, exhaust, and cam (which would include supporting mods) to me! :D Edited by NOS2006

I want my car to be a convertible. I think a drop-top Cobalt would be downright sexy.

As far as obtainable mods, I think the body kit and wheels from the 2.4L SS would be nice, and I'd like to pull another 30-40hp out of my 2.2 without resorting to supercharging.

[post="53366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Have a look B)

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...id=53417&st=0&#

Sorry to hijack the thread for promotions, but the Member Showcase's traffic is just too low :P