Car Spotting

Variance

This morning, in the first ten minutes I was driving, was a GM lovefest. First I saw a new Monte Carlo coupe, first I've seen (!), it was interesting, better than the current one, though I'd need to see more to judge more accurately. The rear seemed to get fatter to match the new plumper front end. Next the STS V!! At first only the grille differentiated it, but that's common around here, but then the big V emblem from the side lit up, and the wheels were so spectacular looking in perpetual motion. Need to see more of those too. Next was a great looking HHR. Finally an H3. Just an all around GM lovefest within the course of ten minutes.

I've been all over the Iowa & Nebraska the last few days for work...Sioux City, Omaha, Columbus, Atlantic, and Des Moines. In that time, I've seen a ton of cars. 1958 Edsel in North Bend, NE...decent shape, orange paint...not sure if it was for sale or just sitting there 2006 DTS on Highway 30 near Fremont...beautiful car, it really stood out in the sunshine of that cold December day...I saw another near Omaha 1967 GTO in Schuyler, NE 2006 Fusion at the Wendy's off Highway 30 in Fremont, NE...silver SEL Honda Ridgeline in Missouri Valley, IA...second one I have seen ever; definately not selling out here 2006 Accord in Omaha...I barely noticed it was an '06 at first, the rear end looks awkward 2006 Lucerne on I-29 south of Sioux City, first one I've seen on the road 2006 Sonata on I-29 near Sloan, IA Plus lots of '06 Impalas, Five Hundreds, Cobalts, and G6s...those cars are becoming fairly common around here. Also, I've noticed Hyundais are becoming more and more prominent on the roads...even moreso than Toyotas and Hondas for the rural areas around here. I can't even count the number of new Hyundai Elantras I've seen lately.

We got an '85 Eldorado towed in over the weekend. Dark blue with blue cloth, no vinyl top. Aftermarket wheel covers. Overall, not in bad shape... except the drunk ass driver plowed it into several parked cars. We got one of the victims... an '05 Suzuki Forenza.

It pained me to see the old Caddy. It hit the right front end so hard, it buckled the roof over the B-pillar. What a shameful end.

First Lucerne on the road - a white CX. White is such a bad color for any car and this confirms it.

[post="63547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Surely you are talking about the flat opal white and not the luscious pearl white?

I stayed in today, but yesterday I saw a Lotus Elise.

Went to the Dubois mall... There's a Toyota store in the mall... :blink: Anyways, got to look at a new Rav4, Avalon, Tacoma X-runner, and others. The Rav4 surprised me. It's smaller than I expected after hearing how much bigger it was. With the Avalon's engine... this thing is going to be... to be... well, fast. Other than the interior, and the rear... I like it. The Avalon... still ugly. The Tacoma... if I had to own a truck, it'd be this one.

Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield (1987)

In the opening credits where they have Rodnedy superimposed in scenes from the 40s, 50s & 60s....

Posted Image

Awww-Yeah! That be a Fiddy-Nine that he's stitting on. Rollin' Torqueflite Stlye. Edited by Sixty8panther

I actually saw some interesting cars yesterday for the first time in months:

CLS500
IS250
New Passat
Low-rider S-class (looked awful)
GS430

And...

Brabus CL 55

[post="65286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not trying to be rude but in N.E. those are all pretty ho-hum, except for the Brabus.