Future Buick Lineup Picture and Info

buickguy

There is a new Buick print ad that just debuted showing a four vehicle lineup: Lacrosse, Lucerne, Enclave and Regal. I'm having trouble posting the picture. Can someone do it?

Also Troy Clarke from GM said this today about Buick

"The good news for Buick is that it is one of our core brands and so will get a due amount of our attention in terms of entries, cadence of entries, and effective promotion to build the brand. Best to take it step at a time so right now we are focused on the launch of the new Lacrosse. Dynamite product. Continues the renaissance of Buick that began with the Enclave. We will get this one right and you can take it to the bank that we will do that on every new Buick. I will tell you that you will be pleasantly surprised at the product line up we have for the new Buick. It will go places product wise we haven't gone with Buick before."

There is a new Buick print ad that just debuted showing a four vehicle lineup: Lacrosse, Lucerne, Enclave and Regal. I'm having trouble posting the picture. Can someone do it?

Also Troy Clarke from GM said this today about Buick

"The good news for Buick is that it is one of our core brands and so will get a due amount of our attention in terms of entries, cadence of entries, and effective promotion to build the brand. Best to take it step at a time so right now we are focused on the launch of the new Lacrosse. Dynamite product. Continues the renaissance of Buick that began with the Enclave. We will get this one right and you can take it to the bank that we will do that on every new Buick. I will tell you that you will be pleasantly surprised at the product line up we have for the new Buick. It will go places product wise we haven't gone with Buick before."

That was the answer to the question I asked him. I asked specifically about Regal, but he didn't get to detailed.

Excellent find. I guess Insignia to Lacrosse is just like TSX to TL. One is a small midsize, and the other is a large midsize.

Is the LaCrosse rated as midsize or fullsize? I still think the Lucerne should go and LaCrosse could take that spot even if it doesn't offer a V8.

Edited by ZL-1

From the side, the lucerne does not look that bad compared to the other cars, the back looks ok too, its just the front it kind of pillowly and floppy.

I agree, besides the overhang it's not bad looking, but the front has always been an awkward part of the car to me.

I agree, besides the overhang it's not bad looking, but the front has always been an awkward part of the car to me.

W and G bodies never looked spectacular from the front anyways because their cantilever shaming overhangs. Except may be the Oldsmobile Aurora.

That is an amazing find. Where did you get it?

Someone posted it on that other GM enthusiast board. It pays off to go through threads there from time to time. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by ZL-1

Is the LaCrosse rated as midsize or fullsize? I still think the Lucerne should go and LaCrosse could take that spot even if it doesn't offer a V8.

That is an amazing find. Where did you get it?

Yes Insignia and Lacrosse will mirror TL/ TSX.

Lucerne can go and make a room for Astra.

I agree with both of these posts. There's no reason to keep the Lucerne hanging around to keep reminding the general public how outdated and outclassed Buick used to be. Just make the 2010 LaCrosse the new flagship sedan and work down size-wise from there. I'm not sure about expanding Buick into the subcompact class unless it would be with something sort of upscale and flashy like a retractable hardtop roadster on Gamma.

An Insignia based Regal is a no brainer. It would be a smaller and sportier addition to complement the larger and more luxurious 2010 LaCrosse.

W and G bodies never looked spectacular from the front anyways because their cantilever shaming overhangs. Except may be the Oldsmobile Aurora.

Cantilever shaming overhangs? Back in the day when a trunk was longer than a foot and a half, a large overhang was necessary to balance the appearance of the car. Granted, I understand the packaging benefits of short overhangs on modern cars, but IMHO, the super short overhangs don't work on larger cars, without it looking weird, like a limo.

IMHO, the only overkill overhangs where the F-bodies that were so long and low that you couldn't pull into a parking lot without ripping off the plastic air dam.

I would win that bet, I think... Look at this picture I just found :AH-HA_wink:

Buick.jpg

The Car on the end looks like it is the Insignia. Regal would be a poor choice of name. It's to old school. Every other vehicle in the Lineup is new school. I wouldn't object to bringing back the Reatta model name though.

Edited by Ghost Dog

The Car on the end looks like it is the Insignia. Regal would be a poor choice of name. It's to old school. Every other vehicle in the Lineup is new school. I wouldn't object to bringing back the Reatta model name though.

True that. If I were young, which I am, I would much prefer a Buick Insignia than Regal.

The car in the end is the Insignia/Rega. I agree it should be called something else, and I like Insignia.