Buick "Orlando" concept

wildcat

Yowza! I'm in love! Jalopnik.com is showing a photoshopped Buick "Orlando," based on the Chevrolet Orlando concept. The Buick is to

debut next week at the 2009 Shanghai Auto Show. Here's a direct link to Jalopnik's story.

I think their depiction of the Buick concept, in white with chrome wheels, is beautiful!

Opel Zafiras, Opel Zafiras! Get your Opel Zafiras right here.

I would hope that they would give the Orlando more than a nose job for the Buick makeover. The Zafira design is more in line with Buick language. A baby Enclave would be a winner and what I've been hoping for. But then, now that GM has damaged Buick with the threat of sale, guess I'll have to wait and see if my next vehicle will even be a GM. Sure was eyeballing that new LaCrosse, oh well.

Edited by InvictaMan

Even though it's a chop, I kinda like it. I hate minivans, but this could really appeal to a big crowd... it's sleek, a bit edgy, and with a world class interior, then I see no problems. I can't foresee it succeeding in the US though... not with all the crossovers around. Are T&C (and now the Routon) sales doing well for premium vans?

< Wildcat licks his chops >

( There was no emoticon for that LOL )

P.S. - I know it's supposed to hold 7 people, but for some reason I'm under the impression it's a small vehicle length-wise. Is that correct?

Now you know I don't kiss and tell, suffice it to say, it defies the Laws of Physics ... :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

In fact, Buick could use that Jalopnik photochop as-is, with just rounding that rear window to a curve, and I'd love it!

Glad to hear that GM has denied the sale. The rear definitely needs Enclaving, but I'm thrilled to see this vehicle coming. Wish I could remember where the posts were from a ways back, where the Buick compact concepts appeared in the background. Could be some previews there. Can't wait to see, and I feel better for Buick now, thanks Wildcat.

You're welcome!

In light of the news of this Buick concept, I happened across a report from Sept. 2008 about a "GM MPV" undergoing testing in Shanghai, and it was presumed to be the Orlando. While the two small photos in the bottom row show a vehicle which seems to be hiding a Chevrolet bowtie on the grille, I'm less certain of the vehicles in the two small photos in the top row. I'm not saying they're Buick grilles, because the pattern doesn't look it, but neither can I quite pick out a bowtie underneath the camo. Here's the story.

Opel Zafiras, Opel Zafiras! Get your Opel Zafiras right here.

I would hope that they would give the Orlando more than a nose job for the Buick makeover. The Zafira design is more in line with Buick language. A baby Enclave would be a winner and what I've been hoping for. But then, now that GM has damaged Buick with the threat of sale, guess I'll have to wait and see if my next vehicle will even be a GM. Sure was eyeballing that new LaCrosse, oh well.

I would expect the Buick version to be a rebadged next gen Opel Zafira, which should be properly and appropriately differentiated from its Chevrolet Orlando platform mate. I think that either the next gen Zafira or next gen Meriva should be used to resurrect the "Rendezvous" name in the U.S. Both vehicles should be included in Buick's lineup as sub-Enclave people movers.

Again, I am getting a little sick of the "Cruze-based sedan" or "Orlando-based MPV" labels that are attached to possible future Buick products just because they share the Delta II architecture with the Chevrolet products. To me, the media is trying to cheapen the positioning and appeal of these vehicles before they are even fully revealed or introduced to the market. I don't recall seeing any "Accord-based TL" or "Highlander-based RX" headlines when referring to these other vehicles. Why can't they just say "Delta-based" in their headlines. If anything, these future Buick products are more than likely Opel-based. I seriously doubt that these future Buicks will be anything close to any G3/G5/Torrent styled blatant rebadges.