Woman's love of tofu too obscene for vanity plate

Intrepidation

19124045_240x180.jpg

ILVTOFU. Does that seem obscene to you? If it does, you might want to apply for a job at the Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR). When mother-of-three Kelley Coffman-Lee requested this combination of letters for a vanity license plate, she was turned down.

While Kelley wanted the world to know just how much she loves tofu, the DOR saw it as a profession of love for something else entirely. "I-LV-TOFU" was deemed too risque, the DOR thinking it could be misinterpreted as "I-LV-TO-F-U."

Coffman-Lee is a vegan, and as she puts it, "I'm very expressive. I'm anti-fur, anti-rodeo, anti-circus when they come to Denver, and I thought, 'Here's a chance to be positive and say I love something.'" She even says that a friend at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animal (PETA) liked the idea so much they were willing to pay the $60 plate fee.

Alas, the Colorado Department of Revenue turned her down. While she doesn't plan to take the matter to court, she does say she'll continue to speak out about mistreating animals. Thanks for the tip, Matt!

Autoblog

No fur? No rodeos? No circus? It sounds like she likes to F people over regardless.

I love baby Seal sandwiches...

the best way to make 'em is to make sure your

Seal meat is 100% clubbed, it brings out the

best flavor. A side of Pickled 'Veal Cow hearts'

goes well, as well as Spotted Owl Omelet.

I think vanity plates in general are pointless; but, in this case, I fail to see how anyone would make the connection between tofu and animal rights. Well, fight the good fight lady, the world will thank you for it. What ever.

Edited by ShadowDog

I think vanity plates in general are pointless; but, in this case, I fail to see how anyone would make the connection between tofu and animal rights. Well, fight the good fight lady, the world will thank you for it. What ever.

+1

I love mapo doufu - which has both tofu and PORK. Mmm...