First look: Maxx SS

FUTURE_OF_GM

After being very underwhelmed with the details of the regular Malibu and Maxx I looked at an SS (it was Silverstone) for the first time last night and can say I was VERY impressed. 10 times better than the craptacular GM PR shots. The Chevrolet SS wheels have really grown on me and they look especially good on the Maxx (The added weight of the wagon-esque profile complements the weighty look of the wheels very well) The "SS" badge on the side is placed correctly instead of awkwardly in never-never land like on the Impala and some of the first Cobalts. And the new nose looks excellent with it's more agressive grille material and bright accents, I also think the subtle chin scoop found on the SS (Like on a SC-SS Cobalt compared to a regular Cobalt SS) adds A LOT of character to the Malibu front end and it amazes me that such a little change can do so much, as I think the front of the regular Malibu/Maxx is too block-like. Anyway, Sweet car! AND a very attractive deal since it was only 5K more than the Cobalt SS (regular not SC-ed) sitting next to it.

Yeah, I have to say they've done a nice job on the interior - lots more chrome, raised bezels and the black interior helps. GM lately has too many light interiors that don't age well (dirt). The black interior, like the graphite interior in the Cobalt coupes, is a welcome addition.

FOG, if you liked that, you need to see it in Laser Blue or Black..... :) I saw one in blue- wow....with the wheels and that color...it really jus stands out.. I didn't know what to think when I first saw the Maxx SS...after seeing it a few more times, and in different colors.....it's cool.... After getting the chance to see some more Bu's and Maxx LTZs..those are growing on me too....

The new steering wheel and black color makes such a huge difference... hides a lot of the ugliness. Overall, I like the Maxx SS, particularly in darker colors.. it's a very funky car. The two-tone black/sand (?) interior in the LTZ models is pretty decent as well.

Chevy might really be onto something with the Malibu Maxx - We went to the SF Auto Show over the weekend, and there was a Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS there, with the black interior... My oldest boy, who is really more into trucks like most kids his age, thought that the Maxx SS was the coolest car he'd seen in quite awhile, and would love to pick up a used one in a year or two - If Chevy is making an impression with 19 year old boys, maybe they better keep this Maxx around for awhile... His dad was drooling over the Laser Blue Impala SS...