Naming Help!

Intrepidation

So I've got a bit of a problem. I'm a graphic designer who specializes in web design but I have no website.

I've put it off for a while now, mainly because I couldn't come up with a design I liked (I'm on #3 now) and I can't think of a name.

Originally it was going to be 1up Design...taken

Then Forward Slash / Design...name's taken

Hell, even my initials: CAC Design were taken.

I have such a hard time coming up with names for things. The only 2 I've found so far not taken are:

L33t Design

eL33t Design

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

NO!!!

L33t Design

eL33t Design

Professionalism is key go with something lame like "Last Name" graphical Arts Or "LN" Design Services. I wouldn't give money to some guy that name sounded like a high school kid.

That's what I thought too. Ugh. It's just so hard coming up with a name. have his problem titling photos and artwork too. :banghead:

Anyway, here's the WIP site. Maybe seeing it will help anyone who wants to think of a name suggestion?

Site-WIP.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

hmmm...

"Dodgefan" Graphical Innovations

im horrible so dont listen to me

by the way nice Site I like the cleanness

Edited by capriceman

http://www.concept2reality.co.za

What about High Traffic Graphics?

They don't seem like the do web design, the seem like they do music or something in Africa... not sure, half the site doesn't work. The companies would I guess be different since in theory mind would Be Concept2Reality Graphics VS Concept2Reality.

High Traffic Graphics has an interesting ring to it.

Perhaps you could use a play off your initials.... "Contemporary Artistic Creations" :P

Another possibility is to just use your first and last name. Using myself as an example... "Cory Wolfe Designs". Something like that could certainly work and would likely appeal to anyone and everyone. It's not fancy or creative, but you can't really lose any business over your own name and it probably wouldn't be taken unless you have a highly used name, a la 'Dan Smith' or something.

• 2 months later...

It pays to have done web work for a patent attorney.

I asked him today about looking up names to see if they were taking and found a giant, gaping loophole I can use to my advantage.

See, he pointed me to the US Patent and Trademark Office website. I can do a database search for all or part of the name I want to use, and it will tell me if nothing shows up, if a name is active or dead.

So as it turns out, none of those sites with "Forward Slash" in the name registered it with the US Patent and Trademark Office, so if I do, I legally own the rights to the name. :smilewide:

Even better, he said he would do the paperwork and pay the $350 fee for me!