Kit your LNF Turbo

Z-06

Linkity

GM releases turbo upgrade kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline and HHR SS

The Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Redline, and Chevrolet HHR SS are plenty of fun with 260 horsepower underfoot, and we can only imagine that the joy quotient increases as power improves. General Motors' performance division knows as much, and it's now offering an LNF Turbo Upgrade kit to kick its 2.0L turbo direct injection engine into gear. The kit consists of a new engine calibration and MAP sensors that will push your turbo four to 290 horsepower and up to 340 lb-ft of torque with the six-speed manual transmission (315 - 325 lb-ft with a slush box). The new factory turbo kit also keeps the precious warranty intact, which is a huge bonus over other aftermarket setups.

The LNF Turbo Upgrade also gives the GXP, Redline and SS the same "no-lift shift" functionality as the Cobalt SS Turbo, which enables you to shift without taking your foot off the accelerator. The kit also bumps the redline by 200 to 6500, but the hulkified 2.0L engine will now demand premium fuel to deliver its increased power delivery. The General is also working on a similar upgrade kit for the Cobalt SS, and it should arrive at your local Chevy dealer during Q1 2009. The LNF turbo kit delivers some added pop to three already fun vehicles, and it can be purchased at a GM dealer for $650. Is it worth the extra coin? It's up to you, but we're guessing it couldn't hurt. You can check out assembly instructions for the LNF Turbo Upgrade kit here.

They really need to market the hell out of these "fun to drive, yet economical" vehicles.

I was talking to a fellow GM enthusiast and he was badmouthing the HHR. I said; "You don't even like the SS." and he looked dumbfounded.

These are the kinds of cars that change perception about GM not being able to deliver on the car side.

Most people look at my HHR SS and they like it but they have no clue of the Turbo let alone how much power.

When I tell them they say WHAT! I did not know they offered that.

I also have the 18 inch tires off for winter and just some steel wheels with retro dog dish caps on and it is fun to open it up on some import guys who don't know.

I never thought I would own a HHR let alone a 4 cylinder car and so far I have had a blast.

The first time I drove one I was sold as it is one of the best sorted suspesions GM has done even based on a old Delta.

I am looking into the Stage kit. I have seen a could just installed and if they prove to be as good as I expect I will follow and have one put on.

This on a Solstice would have to be a blast!!

and the 6speed manual, yes. unless big comfort is your thing. :D

I think this is a misprint. Forgive me but changing the gearbox would be more than $700 odd GM is charging for this kit, right?

Most people look at my HHR SS and they like it but they have no clue of the Turbo let alone how much power.

When I tell them they say WHAT! I did not know they offered that.

I also have the 18 inch tires off for winter and just some steel wheels with retro dog dish caps on and it is fun to open it up on some import guys who don't know.

I never thought I would own a HHR let alone a 4 cylinder car and so far I have had a blast.

The first time I drove one I was sold as it is one of the best sorted suspesions GM has done even based on a old Delta.

I am looking into the Stage kit. I have seen a could just installed and if they prove to be as good as I expect I will follow and have one put on.

This on a Solstice would have to be a blast!!

Imagine the coupe with its structural rigidity will do on track with this level of HP!

this is amazing! read this yesterday, yet again feeds an unnatural desire to get the cobalt ss, which will be getting an upgrade soon [it's unnatural cause it's a cobalt, but what a car]. they should include this as part of a special racing package available through dealers.

Just to add, those with the AT see even a bigger boost.

Stock setup for my HHR SS is 25hp (235) less than the manual...but with this tune, both are rated at 290hp and 315lbs.

Wish it wasn't snowy here...but something that will be seriously looked at by me come spring time.

And yeah, I remember the days (2003) when I was looking at a heavier, bulkier Grand Prix GTP that was getting 240hp, and I thought that was a lot.

Pushing almost 300hp, under warranty, along with a great suspension on the SS...really can't go wrong.

But they won't. they will kill the sister car, SKy when the kill Saturn, and they can't keep Wilmington running on 300-1200 cars a month.

They need to set themselves up for small scale production like Chrysler did with the Prowler, I think...if they could.

IIRC the Prowler was built at the same small volume facility that makes the Viper.

Chris

But they won't. they will kill the sister car, SKy when the kill Saturn, and they can't keep Wilmington running on 300-1200 cars a month.

They need to set themselves up for small scale production like Chrysler did with the Prowler, I think...if they could.

IIRC the Prowler was built at the same small volume facility that makes the Viper.

Chris

They still need a few fun cars, even if that means GM loses a few bucks, and the cars don't get any major updates (they are pretty good looking now)

But......

Just to add, those with the AT see even a bigger boost.

Stock setup for my HHR SS is 25hp (235) less than the manual...but with this tune, both are rated at 290hp and 315lbs.

Wish it wasn't snowy here...but something that will be seriously looked at by me come spring time.

And yeah, I remember the days (2003) when I was looking at a heavier, bulkier Grand Prix GTP that was getting 240hp, and I thought that was a lot.

Pushing almost 300hp, under warranty, along with a great suspension on the SS...really can't go wrong.

Note I have not seen it yet but you may still be limited in 1st and 2nd gear as they are not upgrading the tranny. It is not likley they will put anymore power in the first two gears.

But you already have 250 HP in 3rd and 4th gear so you will see 290 HP in those gears for sure.

From those with this already they are seeing 20 PSI. But the best news is the learn feature is opened up by GM so if you put a cat back on or a intake it will learn it and increase the performance vs the present system that will not do a thing to take advantage of the new parts.

Chris

As much as I hate to say it, but it somewhat makes more sense to kill the Solstice. Sky's sold worldwide as a Daewoo and Opel.

I love the Solstice and was planning on looking at one till the dealer pissed on me and refused to give me a quote.

As much as I hate to say it, but it somewhat makes more sense to kill the Solstice. Sky's sold worldwide as a Daewoo and Opel.

I love the Solstice and was planning on looking at one till the dealer pissed on me and refused to give me a quote.

Logic in these times say they all die together.

Low volume little if any profit and we are in a time money is better spent on a high volume higher profit Cruze.

If the Kappa live on in the Alpha I will be suprised. So buy one while you got them.