Probable Interior for ION

pow

Posted Image

Personally, I've always liked the design of the ION dash, and it was only the materials that let it down. Here's what it could have looked like with a better finish. The center A/C vents are too far apart, maybe they could put some buttons between them, but I like the fresh, French funkiness of it.

The new-age Saturns are too generic-Euro-with-a-Japanese-interior, IMO. I only wished they could have kept some of the original Saturn identity and added the sophistication to it.

If it were pink, it would scream "Hello, Kitty" like a banshee.

[post="39193"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Just like Japan itself. Hello Kitty wouldn't be a bad thing, especially with the female crowd. Think of it this way. GM has a division that favors mens style (Pontiac), why not one with bright airy sytle for women.

GM has a division that favors mens style (Pontiac), why not one with bright airy sytle for women.

[post="39289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The G6 was designed by a group of women.

What ever happened to that gorgeous interior we saw a shot of like a month ago? I admit, the interior is definitely funky, and it would definitely sell to some, however, it's just cheap looking. Then, there's the whole center speedometer/tach... SO many have complained, yet they put the new one there too? STUPID. I like the looks of the new speedo/tach, but it's location must be moved. I agree there is too much dead space between the center vents. Maybe a nice dully-lit, LED-illuminated word, "ION" would be great there.

Interior seen on the old Sky concept from a few years back. This is the direction of the Saturn brand before they switched gears and aimed at VW. You can tell that the Ion was the beginning of the transition. I'm glad they didn't make this. It would've been too quirky for me to handle.