Pictures!

Enzora

Well, sciguy enticed me to post so here are a few recent pictures.. not great ones because I am squinty in all of them but hey...

Supertall friend Rob and myself

Posted Image

181932[/snapback]

Me, I'm digging the non-human scenery. Where is that? Anywhere near Lake Louise or Lake Moraine or Banff? I am thinking of doing a Spokane-Edmonton-Calgary-Montana loop next summer out of Portland (Mom's area) prior to a relocation after which it will be more difficult.

Edited by trinacriabob

Noticed from my recent trip to Montreal that there's a Crémazie station.

From Transit Quebec:

Octave Crémazie (1927-1879), one of the most important figures in Quebec literature, was confirmed as the father of French-Canadian poetry by his patriotic poem "Le Drapeau de Carillon," published in 1858, about the defense of Fort Carillon by General Montcalm. He fled Quebec for France in 1858 due to a scandal, and died at Le Havre. However, his popularity suffered no decline and Boulevard Crémazie was named in his honour in 1914.

Me, I'm digging the non-human scenery.  Where is that?  Anywhere near Lake Louise or Lake Moraine or Banff?  I am thinking of doing a Spokane-Edmonton-Calgary-Montana loop next summer out of Portland (Mom's area) prior to a relocation after which it will be more different.

182054[/snapback]

That looks to me like it is on the way to the tea house at Lake Louise.

Well, sciguy enticed me to post so here are a few recent pictures.. not great ones because I am squinty in all of them but hey...

Cute. :P

Anywho... I may be a bit young but since I'm just the greatest, can't I have him? We can be Cory and Corey, the great gay duo. Not sure how Erik would fit in, but oh well. Haha. :D

But yeah... as I said... here's some of me and Erik.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First off...well, I'm not going to go into it...Second, he could pass for a girl...

But I suppose whatever makes you happy ... :rolleyes:

182840[/snapback]

I wish I know exactly what you're trying to say..... Silly breeder. :lol:

Oh man... funny... but yes, that is Erik and I love him. So don't get on my bad side, ya here? He's cute and he's perfect if you ask me. Yes, I'm into twinks. Now hush. It's supposed to be a secrect. :P

I'm sorry I missed out on that question of where that picture was taken. It was taken on a roadside turnout on the Columbia Icefield freeway, close to the Columbia icefields(In Jasper National Park).

This pic was taken the same day just outside the town of Jasper:

Posted Image

Oh btw, BV nice to see you gettin' some action :thumbsup: might wanna be careful of what ya show tho :AH-HA_wink:

%^#%$@%^%#$%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOS, I understand youre jealous, but if you keep lying to me that you're straight... I'm going to play along and find myself some boifriends. Sorry... You do have a mustache, highlight your hair, and pop your collar afterall.......... :D:P

Yeah, that's what I thought, bitch.

Would you guys stop dissin' his man? 8)

I commend BV... when I was his age, the thought of dating a guy was nonexistent... well, not without thinking about having my ass kicked by every guy at school. I give him credit for getting started this early--it's not an easy thing to do :)

BV, if you wanna date a girl, be my guest... don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :lol:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! If you're into twinks, that's cool, I'm just the opposite. Gimme a frat boy, football player type with a big... brain... and a golden heart, and I'm cool :P

Posted Image

Pic from my trip to China. That's the gate to the Forbidden City behind me. I realize the girl makes me look short, we're both 6'. We actually have the same size hands and feet as well, which is extra strange - I'm a size 10 shoe.

Posted Image

On the Great Wall (I'm on the left). Those are friends from University who went with me.

Posted Image

Bike handlebars in one hand, camera in the other. Don't try this at home, kids.

Edited by the_yellow_dart

Those are friends from University who went with me.

183159[/snapback]

Nice pix, T.Y.D.

Why don't you damn Canadians :canada: say "friends who went to COLLEGE with me" like the 300 million people living right across the border from and south of you? :lol:

Why don't you damn Canadians  :canada: say "friends who went to COLLEGE with me" like the 300 million people living right across the border from and south of you?  :lol:

183167[/snapback]

Well, ever consider he never went to college? And only went to a university? :AH-HA_wink:

Heh....you're an odd man there Bob. :D

183001[/snapback]

No, I'm not odd...you just have a short memory.

I once posted (to which you laughed) a comment that the name Brenda (as in Priddy) reminds me of a husky-voiced middle-aged cocktail waitress in Vegas or Reno who is itching for her smoke break. I've never known an interesting, polished or intelligent girl named Brenda. Ever.

In fact, if you need audio....think DELILAH...that skanky radio personality that is syndicated on certain stations that primarily women call up to make their sappy requests to which she phonily tries to seem concerned and supportive. The whole time I'm thinking: Competent radio personality or white trash husky-voiced cocktail waitress? White trash husky-voice cocktail waitress it is! DELILAH is a "Brenda."

Not odd...just opinionated as hell. But then, aren't you?

Nice pix, T.Y.D.

Why don't you damn Canadians  :canada: say "friends who went to COLLEGE with me" like the 300 million people living right across the border from and south of you?  :lol:

183167[/snapback]

University is totally different than College up here.. that's why :P

Oh, you're so funny, P. <_<

183276[/snapback]

Wasn't trying to be funny--was being totally serious. I've never technically gone to a college... I've always studied at universities... never at colleges. Hey, my friend studied at Dartmouth College... she said "I'm in college." When she studied at Columbia University for her masters, I recall her saying she was at University. Read below:

University is totally different than College up here.. that's why :P

183862[/snapback]

Wasn't trying to be funny--was being totally serious.  I've never technically gone to a college... I've always studied at universities... never at colleges.  Hey, my friend studied at Dartmouth College... she said "I'm in college."  When she studied at Columbia University for her masters, I recall her saying she was at University.  Read below:

183880[/snapback]

Yep. There definately is a separation in Canada, not so sure about the US.

University = "academic" subjects which teach you how to quickly learn new skills in a certain field. Tends to be more abstract. Examples: Engineering, Social Science

College = "applied" subjects which teach you direct skills which you can apply to the field. Tends to be more practical. Examples: Police foundations, Graphic Design

Yep. There definately is a separation in Canada, not so sure about the US.

University = "academic" subjects which teach you how to quickly learn new skills in a certain field. Tends to be more abstract. Examples: Engineering, Social Science

College = "applied" subjects which teach you direct skills which you can apply to the field. Tends to be more practical. Examples: Police foundations, Graphic Design

183882[/snapback]

It's different in the US. University and College are interchangeable... but I think the difference is, a university has graduate level classes. Colleges do not (I could be wrong, but I think that's how it goes).

I got my bachelors and masters at universities... they had both undergrad and grad classes. My masters was pretty applied, for example, Masters of Arts in Teaching of a Foreign Language: Masters in Italian (yes, there is such a thing).

OMG... Happy Birthday Picture Thread--I just realized this thread is one year old today!  :thumbsup:

:sign0072:

183954[/snapback]

And you think I'm weird? :lol: Actually, I was noticing that this is running tandem with Word Association in popularity.

J/k P...at work, they think I'm weird for remembering everyone's birthday (40 people) without having to look at anything.

:sign0200: :sign0072:

But yes, there's a difference between colleges and universities in the US, too. However, since both are a higher-level education than highschool, we find it acceptable to say we're in college regardless of if we're studying at a university or not. Besides, "Yeah, I'm at university right now," sounds so much worse than using "college" in there. :P

yah right now im at a college . . . i cannot graduate from this college; i would have to transfer to a university to graduate . . . a college offers only certain types of degrees i beleive . . . another thing . . . a university has on campus housing . . . a college does not i dont think

i think those are the differences . . . but im not sure all i know is those are the differences between the college and university in my area

A college in the US is where you can get an Associates or Bachelors degree, but nothing more.

A University is where you can get Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate.

A Technical College or Vocational Technical School is where you can learn the more applied subjects like Automotive Technican, Diesel Technician, Dental Hygenist, Carpentry, etc.

There are also private vocational colleges. Some of them around here are Minnesota School of Business, Globe College of Business, Rassmussen College . . .

The trouble is not all of these use the same accredidation service. Let's say you want to take an Algebra class at Rassmussen then transfer to a state college like University of Minnesota. University of Minnesota won't take acknowledge you took the course because they don't consider Rassmussen to be a real college.

That about the same in Canada?

184099[/snapback]

thats what i had thought . . . but! all universities do accept degrees and all of the credits on that degree . . . so if you earn an associates degree any college or universites must take the credits under that degree and you are safe . . . thats something i definitely know hah

There are also private vocational colleges. Some of them around here are Minnesota School of Business, Globe College of Business, Rassmussen College . . .

184099[/snapback]

hah rassmussen is my NOT pregnant exgf's last name . . . it was named after her family trust me ive heard of it . . . a lot . . . from her grandfather