Dodge Viper Might Find Life After Conner Avenue

Intrepidation

We need to keep as many cool cars around as possible.

With Kappa on the line, Miata might not pass 2011 safety regs, Demon not produced, Z4 selling slowly, only a trickle of some other models...Camaro, Mustang and Challenger subject to atough and declinging market and possible $5.00 per gallon fuel in a couple of years....

I just want to keep every specialty vehicle around for as long as we can.

I don't think 2030 is going to be a good year for cars. Soemthing has got to give, be it emissions, safety regs, or fuel economy.

We'll see what happens.

Chris

We need to keep as many cool cars around as possible.

With Kappa on the line, Miata might not pass 2011 safety regs, Demon not produced, Z4 selling slowly, only a trickle of some other models...Camaro, Mustang and Challenger subject to atough and declinging market and possible $5.00 per gallon fuel in a couple of years....

I just want to keep every specialty vehicle around for as long as we can.

I don't think 2030 is going to be a good year for cars. Soemthing has got to give, be it emissions, safety regs, or fuel economy.

We'll see what happens.

Chris

I don't think Mazda will let the Miata die off, considering how long they've kept it around and how much their dealers like it.

It's also a reasonable fuel-efficient car, so it's not hurting them much.

If Kappa does go, I will become very depressed about GM. I've hoped that they would continually improve the Solstice little by little over the years like Miata or even like Porsche with the Boxster (which Pontiac has compared the GXP version to).

I was never really excited about the Demon itself, but Chrysler does need some kind of a small sports car now with the lack of the Demon and the death of the Crossfire.

I don't think Mazda will let the Miata die off, considering how long they've kept it around and how much their dealers like it.

It's also a reasonable fuel-efficient car, so it's not hurting them much.

I would assume by 2011 there will be a new, 4th gen MX-5....it's been very popular, so I'm sure it will evolve.

These new owners of Chrysler don't give a crap about Chrysler as an entity.

They see it purely as to what it is worth in pieces. I believe that was the plan from the beginning.

First Viper, then Jeep and so on. These people have no emotional, sentimental carguy attachments to this company.

It's a means to an end. Profit and the end of Chrysler.

Edited by HarleyEarl

You mean it will beat the Corvette by MORE than 4 seconds around the 'ring soon?

LOL

The run by the ACR is quite impressive, but consider it has R-compound tires (closest you can get to being race tires yet still street-legal, they would last about 6000 miles on a normal car, the Viper probably needed new ones after that run) and that huge, ridiculous looking wing, plus the fact that it's not at all daily-driveable, and it's not really that impressive in comparison to the ZR1. Slap a huge wing on the ZR1 (I assume this would help quite a bit) and throw on those same tires, and the ZR1 will most likely beat the ACR. GM could certainly beat that time with the ZR1 given it's C6.R technology and a swap of tires.

Regardless, both are awesome cars and it's great that American cars currently own the 'ring!

I take it this means you finally accept the Viper's future (at least as a Chrysler product) is in jeopardy?

Nope, just replying to the SILLY posts. As usual.

ALL domestic gas guzzling cars and trucks are "in jeopardy". It's only logical.

Chrysler has let interested parties TALK TO THEM about the possibility of letting them sublet the Viper's manufacture, and all the sudden on C&G the "Viper will be made in China", etc etc etc.

Kinda laughable, but entertaining all the same....

:AH-HA_wink:

But just for you Ven- I love the Viper, but will probably never own one, I have always thought the Corvette was the better "bang for the buck" and always liked the PERSONALITY of the Viper hands down.

And I STILL don't like the Compass.

:P

LOL

The run by the ACR is quite impressive, but consider it has R-compound tires (closest you can get to being race tires yet still street-legal, they would last about 6000 miles on a normal car, the Viper probably needed new ones after that run) and that huge, ridiculous looking wing, plus the fact that it's not at all daily-driveable, and it's not really that impressive in comparison to the ZR1. Slap a huge wing on the ZR1 (I assume this would help quite a bit) and throw on those same tires, and the ZR1 will most likely beat the ACR. GM could certainly beat that time with the ZR1 given it's C6.R technology and a swap of tires.

Regardless, both are awesome cars and it's great that American cars currently own the 'ring!

Now watch Ven......

Hey Northstar, are you saying a STOCK VIPER ACR is NOT DAILY DRIVABLE?

I'm suggesting I disagree!

LOL

*IF* the Corvette had the Viper ACR wing you think it would go faster? Well WHY DOESN'T CHEVROLET HAVE A BIG WING AS AN OPTION?

You think GM is dumb?

You think the Corvette ZR1 runs a set of Firestone 500s and the Viper has slicks or something?

Why excuses and anger are rampant here baffles me.

Well CMG, it was more like trying to get you to comment on the actual topic...

Captainbooyah's comment was on topic...

His sarcastic reply to a comedic post?

:rolleyes:

C'mon Ven, can't you try to pick on somebody else...?

Here. This was my direct reply to your question Ven, you musta missed it....

Your attempt at a "backhanded slap" question....

I take it this means you finally accept the Viper's future (at least as a Chrysler product) is in jeopardy?
My extremely articulate and thoughtful answer....

ALL domestic gas guzzling cars and trucks are "in jeopardy". It's only logical.
Edited by CMG