Interesting Petition

ToniCipriani

I for one, like Chris Bangle. He kick started design in cars again. Cars (and BMWs) have been on the vanilla and safe side for a long time now. Finally someone took a chance and injected some style. I see these new Bimmers on the street and just love them. The only issue I have is on some of them is the cutline of the trunk seen from the side. Otherwise, incredibly styled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

for the most part I like the 6er all except for the rear...Adrian Van Hooydonk, the creator of the Z9 concept is the one to blame for the design cues, Chris is just responsible for executing them...

My take on current BMW designs:

X3: Garbage. You couldn't pay me to own that heap.

3-Series: Acceptable. I like the front and side but the rear leaves me cold. The M-Package looks terrible though.

Z4: On the fence. It has about equal parts I like and don't like.

X5: Nice. Very clean and handsome SUV.

5-Series: Good. The previous 5er (like the previous 3er) had a classy, timeless look. The current 5er doesn't but I still like it's edgy design.

6-Series: Terrific. This may be my favorite Bangled Bimmer. It's quite sedate for a Bangle design and has a very sleek look about it. I'd love to own one.

7-Series: OK. Despite popular consensus, I prefer the way the 7 looked before its refresh. For one thing the added red taillight trim on the trunk of the refereshed 7 looks like an afterthought. Also, I feel the headlights lost their bold and "business-like" look.

Posted Image

I really like that shot of the 6-series.

The Bangle look has grown on me. I used to think the Z4 and 5-series looked absolutely dreadful, but now I think the 5er is acceptable and the Z4 is even good-looking. However, the 7-series is still a bit funky and I hate the interior, and the X3 is just bad. Edited by CSpec

yea, the X5 hasn't changed much since its intro in 99 except for it's refresh in 04...luckily it has pretty much stayed un-bangled for now...though the new x5 should be around soon...with the spy pictures it is hard to tell what it will look like...

That's right...but it was pretty much completed before Hooydonk's Z9 concept in 99 debuted which was the source of all the designs bangle is currently known and criticized for...btw, for those of you who dont know the Z9...you dont have to stray to far from the current 6er to get an idea of what it looked like...the car also brought us the infamous i-drive setup and had a weird door configuration where the doors could be opened normally or gullwing style... Edited by Nick

I really don't find any bmws stylistically appealing. With the "pre-Bangles', they were so staggeringly dated in their design cues that at least they were instantly recognizable. Now every cue is gone except the pig nostrils, and most look rather asian if not merely generic. I don't know if that's good or bad for bmw.

I absolutely LOVE the 5-series. I think it is one of the sexiest cars ever made... and certainly one of the top ten best looking sedans ever. But the 6-series, X3 & 1-series concepts? :puke: The Z4 has grown on me and the 7 series is oaky too. I'll take love-em-or-hate-em deisgns over boring desings any day.

Sixty8, you need to frame that: ..."I'll take love-em-or-hate-em designs over boring designs any day".

That's it exactly!! It's like water....it either has to be hot or cold, not luke warm.

Here's a little something hot or cold depending on one's preferences, for me this is scorching white hot:

Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

Thanks Harley. Wow... now that's a good looking 6-er. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

I must say, except for their rims and maybe a few of their body kits (on certain applications) I hate AC Schnitzer...It's like German rice... or schnitzel if you will...Or as I call them, pieces of Schnit... Edit: Bimmer must have posted those pics while I was typing my reply...the kit on that 3 series isn't too bad...One kist that stick in my mind though is the kit they make for the 7er...I actually like that one a lot... Edited by Nick

All Bangle Bimmers have odd looking rears, but aside from that the 3, 5, 6, and refreshed 7-series are all good looking cars. The only thing about them is that I tend to think of the front fascia of a car as its face, and they have some funny expressions. The 7 looks sort of happy, the 5 looks pissed off, and the 6 just looks stoned. But the 1, x3, and z4 are total crap.

Bangled Bimmers... My absolute favorite is the M6. It actually ranks above many non-bangled vehicles. I love it. Exterior wise, I kinda of the new 3er, the 5er is growing on me, and the updated 7er isn't all that bad either. The Z4, X3, and every interior are disgusting and Korean looking. Bleh...

By far my favorite car in the current BMW lineup. Amazing Styling. :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image