09 A4 - edmunds

regfootball

i agree, whats the point? even the CTS will dust this car off. Nice try Audi, your look is TIRED and OLD

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...39/pageNumber=1

It's all about the 2.0T. The new version has 211 hp, 258 lb-ft (!), and a timing chain. Really the perfect combination of performance and fuel economy.

The interior is really, really nice, too... since it's a carbon copy of the A5's, it should be class-leading.

• 3 weeks later...

I still prefer the cleaner look of Audis in addition to their unbeatable interiors, quattro, and other innovations.

The A4, much like the CTS, gets dusted by the BMW simply because the former two are missing one of these:

logo-bmw.jpg

That alone will regrow hair(m), make your boobs bigger(F), add 4 - 6 inches to your penis (m), make you the envy of your friends <m or f>, and add $30,000 to your hypothetical net wealth <m or f>.

If only they could market it in a bottle or as an easy to apply topical cream.

i agree, whats the point? even the CTS will dust this car off. Nice try Audi, your look is TIRED and OLD

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...39/pageNumber=1

The reality of the marketplace is.....just about no one cross-shops the A4 with the CTS. They appeal to two very different portions of the "entry-luxury" segment. We don't see any crosshopping here at the dealership....and according to my Audi contacts, they don't see it either.

A4 will remain popular for the very reasons it has done (relatively speaking) well in the past.....

The A4, much like the CTS, gets dusted by the BMW simply because the former two are missing one of these:

logo-bmw.jpg

That alone will regrow hair(m), make your boobs bigger(F), add 4 - 6 inches to your penis (m), make you the envy of your friends <m or f>, and add $30,000 to your hypothetical net wealth <m or f>.

Everything your garden variety douchebag(/in training) could ask for.

• 3 weeks later...

The A4 and CTS get dusted by the 335i because the 335i has more torque, flatter torque curve, more horsepower (that engine is making over 300 hp), less weight, and better gear ratios.

One strong suit of the A4 2.0T is gas mileage, my mom averages 25 mpg in hers which is very good for an all wheel drive car. I do like the LED lights that the A5 and new A4 have under the headlights.

I would take an Audi A4 over a BMW 3.

I would take a Cadillac CTS over a BMW 3.

However, I do prefer Ingolstadt's metal to Cadillac's despite the monster grill.

logo-bmw.jpg

Go buy your CTS or A4...

The 335 will still blow their doors off in terms of performance. Suggesting BMW is nothing more than a badge is a notion based purely upon ignorance.

Do I like the 335? Sure I do...the design has grown on me a bit, and I can appreciate the performance very much. I also happen to know first hand that it is a very fun car to drive.

Aside from that, I would surely give the edge to the A4 and CTS.

Go buy your CTS or A4...

The 335 will still blow their doors off in terms of performance. Suggesting BMW is nothing more than a badge is a notion based purely upon ignorance.

Do I like the 335? Sure I do...the design has grown on me a bit, and I can appreciate the performance very much. I also happen to know first hand that it is a very fun car to drive.

Aside from that, I would surely give the edge to the A4 and CTS.

I'm just saying that BMW could repaint old Trabant's, slap the rondel on them, and people would buy them. SMK would come in here suddenly mad that Cadillac is so far behind BMW in "composite" body panels and had nothing like BMW's "direct cylinder lubrication system".

SMK's reaction to the new CTS is just proof of my statement that GM could produce a fully working model of Christ and people will still complain that the water to wine function only dispenses Merlot.

The badge matters.

BMW's badge matters because they spent years of building that image. Every BMW product is near top of the class and has been for 20 or 30 years. (the Z4 so-so but that is a niche car) The reason people keep buying them is because they don't take the easy way out and rebadge a Chevy Tahoe or sell a sedan with a 4-speed auto and engine from 1994.

The CTS is decent, I'd take it over any car from Japan or Lincoln but it is doesn't handle or perform like a 5-series. I've driven the current and previous generation 5-series and the current and previous generation CTS, the BMW drives better. I don't like iDrive or the styling of the current 5-series, so that would probably keep me from buying one. All new E-class, A6 and 5-series within the next 18 months, so there will be choices out there.

The CTS is decent, I'd take it over any car from Japan or Lincoln but it is doesn't handle or perform like a 5-series. I've driven the current and previous generation 5-series and the current and previous generation CTS, the BMW drives better. I don't like iDrive or the styling of the current 5-series, so that would probably keep me from buying one. All new E-class, A6 and 5-series within the next 18 months, so there will be choices out there.

Furthermore, if out handling your neighbor in the Squirrel Hill tunnels were such a high priority for you, why are you driving an Aurora?

Furthermore, if out handling your neighbor in the Squirrel Hill tunnels were such a high priority for you, why are you driving an Aurora?

I don't have to go through the tunnel. I got the Aurora because it was cheap for a 2 year old car, and was one of the nicest GM cars at the time. The Aurora handles better than the Seville I think and didn't have as much as the old person's image that early 2000s Cadillacs had. I also did more highway driving then, and do more windy PA road driving now.

What I like about BMWs is they feel agile and you feel connected to the road. The CTS feels heavier than the Aurora and feels a bit isolated from the road. I like the Aurora, I like the smoothness of the V8, but I don't need a big car and would like better mileage and better handling. I have yet to drive a CTS rear drive with FE3, that might help, but the dealer only had awd ones.

The A4 is noisy if you have the 2.0 and the ride can be a little rough and the interior is boring. Solid build quality, but not a car I'd buy.