Fascinating Wyoming junkyard pics

Robert Hall

I'll side with some of the opinions posted there: that these are at least 3 different junkyards in markedly different locations. The bottom shots certainly look like what I would think WY looks like, but the severly rusted shots in the woods looks just like Jersey/NE to this junkyard dog.

Love the closely-grouped-by-marque pics: I'll take those 3 B-59s lined up nose-2-tail, please!

I'll side with some of the opinions posted there: that these are at least 3 different junkyards in markedly different locations. The bottom shots certainly look like what I would think WY looks like, but the severly rusted shots in the woods looks just like Jersey/NE to this junkyard dog.

Love the closely-grouped-by-marque pics: I'll take those 3 B-59s lined up nose-2-tail, please!

Yeah, it wasn't clear from the thread if it was multiple yards or not.. the cars in the woods have way too much rust for Wyoming, Wyoming is dry and sunny like Colorado...

I'm pretty sure the first set (Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs) are in the West, judging by the paint fade and foliage...maybe Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, AZ, NM...

I cant get over that Mark II being in there and it looked pretty damn clean to me. I was also digging the two '57 Plymouth's I saw, one was a Belvedere the other I'm thinking was a Savoy. I saw a nice '70 El Camino in the shot with the Mark II ( dont tell Camino) lol. But I agree lots of good stuff there.

That is the nicest, neatest junkyard I've ever seen in my entire life. Every car in every junkyard around here has been flipped around by the loader until nothing on them is useable anymore. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

37pack.jpg

On that note, I'm about ready to quit my life for a week, rent a car trailer, and drag this '37 Packard 120 two-door sedan home with the 'Burb. Now THERE'S a project car!

Edited by XP715

I've lived in Wyoming my entire life...I would really like to know where this gold mine is!

Yeah, it wasn't clear from the thread if it was multiple yards or not.. the cars in the woods have way too much rust for Wyoming, Wyoming is dry and sunny like Colorado...

I'm pretty sure the first set (Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs) are in the West, judging by the paint fade and foliage...maybe Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, AZ, NM...

As far as dry and sunny, you need to see our winters...they are definitely not dry and sunny! I live 27 miles from the Colorado border and when it's 20 degrees with a foot of snow here, it could be 55 in FoCo.

I could care less about most Fords but it's kind of surprising to see a '56 Lincoln Conti in a junkyard! :blink:

Not that I personally care for them but by contrast that car makes a '67 Mustang seem like a '93 Tempo.

I've lived in Wyoming my entire life...I would really like to know where this gold mine is!

As far as dry and sunny, you need to see our winters...they are definitely not dry and sunny! I live 27 miles from the Colorado border and when it's 20 degrees with a foot of snow here, it could be 55 in FoCo.

Yeah, Wyo definitely has harsher winters than the Front Range. We get huge snows up in the mountains and on the Western Slope and out east towards Nebraska and Kansas, but the I-25 corridor usually escapes the big ones...