NHTSA investigating GM SUV fires

BigPontiac

Article

Monday, February 11, 2008

Feds to investigate GM SUV fires

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The government is investigating reports of engine fires in General Motors' full-size sport utility vehicles.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has received two reports of fires on 2007 model year Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs.

Both reports allege that the vehicles were parked in a home garage with the engine shut off when the fires occurred, causing significant property damage.

The investigation, which also includes the 2007 GMC Yukon SUV, involves about 423,000 SUVs.

General Motors Corp. spokesman Alan Adler says today the company was cooperating with the government. He says GM has not been able to identify any trend with the vehicles.

Last night the local news made a point to mention both GM and Ford. Funny, I don't remember them talking about the massive Toyota recalls in `06

Maybe you don't remember cause it was 2 years ago? :AH-HA_wink:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has received two reports of fires on 2007 model year Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs.

I couldn't find a funny picture of a Tahoe on fire, so this will have to do:

5202.jpg

I have a question:

Anyone remember those Malibu threads where I was made out to be the enemy because I wasn't jubilant about a few kind words from the media?

Ladies and Gentlemen; I'd like to introduce you to REALITY... Like I said; the positive media exposure was fleeting. All it took was a few negative remarks about GM's finances, an 'industry doomed by CAFE' and some speculation about which division dies first and voila!

We're right back where we started with Consumer Reports rating the Malibu last and every other media outlet in america trashing GM & Ford for the sake of watching them die.

I'm sure days like today are only the first of a wave of bad sentiment.