09 TSX spy photos

regfootball

At current prices, the TSX starts at over $28,000 with a 4-cyl 205hp engine. Let's pray this one is actually worth the price.

Remember though that's pretty much a loaded car....leather and everything minus Nav. I think the TSXs with NAV and an auto were right at $30K.

I'm no particular Acura fan, but even I believe the TSX is one of the best values out there on the market. Same price, fully-loaded as most mainstream midsize sedans but with an upmarket name and dealer network, superb fit-and-finish, and fun-to-drive (as long as you stay with the manual.)

Remember though that's pretty much a loaded car....leather and everything minus Nav. I think the TSXs with NAV and an auto were right at $30K.

I'm no particular Acura fan, but even I believe the TSX is one of the best values out there on the market. Same price, fully-loaded as most mainstream midsize sedans but with an upmarket name and dealer network, superb fit-and-finish, and fun-to-drive (as long as you stay with the manual.)

They were "really awesome" when they came out in 2003. Six speeds, 200 horses, good fuel economy, great navigation, lots of equipment (Xenons, power everything, etc), at a price considerably less than the establishment 3-series, C-class, or A4. The TSX was ~$26K, the same as an Accord V6 EX-L back then.

It was a properly nice, well-made, unpretentious "premium" car.

TSX was/ is a tremendous value for the price. The only thing it lacks is the firepower. It only needs 40-50 hp more and it will be a good car.

It is been adjudged twice (in 2004 and 2005) as the least depreciating vehicle. I have a CPO 2005 TSX 6 speed which my fiance drives, and it is a fun to drive vehicle. It has everything, a BMW 325 (then) MB 230 and an Audi 1.8 would cost almost $36-37k for the equipment while this came for $29k loaded. The one thing I like of Acuras is it comes with everything bar navigation (now technology package) take it or leave it. Not like Germans that whore the customer with options asking them to pay almost 30% more than the base by the time it goes out the door of the dealer with options you need.

The engine is good, not the gunner like a LS, but certainly a lot refined one. The car returns about 27mpg in city driving if I drive without pushing and almost 36mpg on highway at a cruise speed of 75mph, and drops to 33-34mpg while at 80mph. Which car from GM or a BMW as a matter of fact can boast that? Despite being an aggressive driver, I have felt the limits of it being a FWD only a few times. I wonder how many of its owners will feel that short coming.

If the new car keeps more or less of the current car virtues, still is light, making close to 250hp, a LSD and launch control with more upscale look (and not the F$cked up interior like the new Accord) and TSX will keep rolling. It was I think the real European vehicle that you do not need big engine and size yet have ammenities of a bigger vehicle to be a luxury sport vehicle.

As with all European cars, the sport in the TSX is the handling, not engine power. The 205 hp is sufficient, but as far as I know, the TSX has always been a well equipped, great handling car for the money. I'm sure the next gen model will be no exception to this formula.

Here are some more spyshots.

And a teaser is supposed to be released Monday (tomorrow).

At current prices, the TSX starts at over $28,000 with a 4-cyl 205hp engine. Let's pray this one is actually worth the price.

The current TSX is an incredible value as everyone else has stated. Want something cheap with a lot of horsepower? Go buy a MS3. That's not what the TSX is about.

Up until this year, didn't the CTS used to start at 33k with a pretty lame-duck engine and 4-speed auto?

No.

33K was and is the 3.6 L (the new model is $60 more)

The 2.8 CTS with 5-speed auto started at $30K (it used to be $28K), but then it's a size class up with the Acura TL and Saab 9-5.

A TSX compares with a 9-3 2.0T with 2 more hp, and the new A4.

The smaller S60, C230, and IS250 with just over 200 hp each are all a little over $30K.

Of course for under $30K you could get a V6 G8, Maxima, 300, LaCrosse or Avalon with a good deal more power, and soon enough a Hyundai Genesis as well. An Impala SS, G8 GT or Charger R/T V8 is not much more (a larger V8 Lucerne is much more expensive).

Edited by thegriffon

Up until this year, didn't the CTS used to start at 33k with a pretty lame-duck engine and 4-speed auto?

The same 2.8L continues to be available on the European CTS, so I wouldn't call the last-gen's a lame duck just yet. And the CTS was the very first GM car to get a five-speed automatic, when it came out MY 2003. A four-speed was never available. We have the same tranny (Hydra-Matic 5L40-E) in our 2000 528i, and it has been reliable so far.

First official picture of the 2009 TSX:

2009tsx-01.jpg

Edmunds was the first to post it. I don't think they released any other shots.

Of course for under $30K you could get a V6 G8, Maxima, 300, LaCrosse or Avalon with a good deal more power, and soon enough a Hyundai Genesis as well. An Impala SS, G8 GT or Charger R/T V8 is not much more (a larger V8 Lucerne is much more expensive).

You can also get a Sonata for well under $30k! Why does anyone even bother with a TSX? I mean, they both got 4 doors right? One's cheaper. There ya go.

The same 2.8L continues to be available on the European CTS, so I wouldn't call the last-gen's a lame duck just yet. And the CTS was the very first GM car to get a five-speed automatic, when it came out MY 2003. A four-speed was never available. We have the same tranny (Hydra-Matic 5L40-E) in our 2000 528i, and it has been reliable so far.

Oh that's right, didn't the STS have the 4-speed on the base model?

not the RWD one.. no.

none of the new Caddys since the first CTS have less than a 5-speed except for the '06 DTS... which was really just a refresh.

It was the DTS I was thinking of then. Now I see (looks at Cadillac's website). I always forget about the DTS.