Audi S8

milleramerican

There's just something wrong with a big German executive sedan turned into a sports model. It too long and heavy for its own good, kinda like the S55 AMG. The old, unassuming S8 was great, though... ditto the current XJR.

[post="30927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm gonna have to aggree with him... I'm big fans of the S4 and S6 (LOVE and miss the RS6) but this one turned to a sports sedan is a bit odd IMO...

What's next BMW M7?

Beautiful.  Very beautiful.  Makes me wonder what Audi is going to do with the W-12 since the V-10 in the S8 is power powerful and lighter than the W-12.

Chief.

[post="31566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They are going to keep it. The V-10 engine is more sportier, and so is the suspension and many other things. The W-12 is more luxury and smoother.

Same thing Mercedes does with the S55 AMG and the S600. Both put out similar hp, cost around the same, except one is dedicated to sport and the other to luxury. Or you can jump both and wait in line for the S65 AMG.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forget everything I've said... this should be an amazing car. It has the same high-revving V-10 as the Lamborghini Gallardo!

[post="33162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it has a larger V10 on the "new" Audi 90deg V6/V8 block, The Gallardo V10 was based on the old, less compact V6/V8 block. The V10 has lkess power and torque than the W12, but it's a "real" Audi engine, not a VW engine shared with the Phaeton and Bentley Continental and related to the RV6 in the Passat. Audi likes to remind people they are not entirely owned by VW, and assert as much independance as they can get away with.

Ronin II :D

• 1 month later...

You can say that again... *drools*

[post="56539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Drool here also... the A8 in its current form has been my favorite big luxo sedan since its intro, and the S8 just builds upon that...beautiful inside, beautiful outside... clean, subtle, elegant and not overdone.