Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Allow me to introduce you to my first car, a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS. It's basically a loaded car, with, as you can see, leather, Bose Sound, sunroof, auto climate control, and the Autobahn package as major options. It set me back $3718, though the Blue Book suggested value for it was around $5000.

For the most part, it's mechanically sound, impressive at 112,416 miles, and the general concensus among my friends is that it's a sexy beast. It has a bad front hub assembly, which will need replacing soon. The leather on the driver seat is torn in one spot, and there's another tear towards the middle of the rear bench. The plastic covering for the treble/bass knob on the radio is broken, but if I pinch it hard enough, it's still functional. Otherwise, it's in great shape. It recently passed Pennsylvania state inspection and emisssions testing, both of which are much more stringent than the comparable test in Maryland, so I'm pretty assured. The 3800 is a gem, I must say. Satisfying exhaust note with plenty of power, all while delivering good fuel economy. Since I bought it, I drove it home from Harrisburg (~132 miles), from home to Bowie and back (~42 miles), and about the city of Laurel (~8 miles), and the gas gauge just began to nuzzle the 3/4 full mark. I'm very pleased with the car...here's to many more happy miles with it.

Edited by DetroitNut90

...in an Oldsmobile!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Allow me to introduce you to my first car, a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS. It's basically a loaded car, with, as you can see, leather, Bose Sound, sunroof, auto climate control, and the Autobahn package (I think) as major options. It set me back $3718, though the Blue Book suggested value for it was around $5000.

For the most part, it's mechanically sound, impressive at 112,416 miles, and the general concensus among my friends is that it's a sexy beast. It has a bad front hub assembly, which will need replacing soon. The leather on the driver seat is torn in one spot, and there's another tear towards the middle of the rear bench. The plastic covering for the treble/bass knob on the radio is broken, but if I pinch it hard enough, it's still functional. Otherwise, it's in great shape. It recently passed Pennsylvania state inspection and emisssions testing, both of which are much more stringent than the comparable test in Maryland, so I'm pretty assured. The 3800 is a gem, I must say. Satisfying exhaust note with plenty of power, all while delivering good fuel economy. Since I bought it, I drove it home from Harrisburg (~132 miles), from home to Bowie and back (~42 miles), and about the city of Laurel (~8 miles), and the gas gauge just began to nuzzle the 3/4 full mark. I'm very pleased with the car...here's to many more happy miles with it.

OMG, it's a hideous FWD with ugly overhangs and a terrible V6 engine. Oh how could you buy a car with the drive wheels on the wrong end and the engine mounted the wrong way. Lordy, Lordy, it's the end of the world as we know it. :rotflmao:

I'm just kidding you, I just wanted to prepare you for what's coming. I think it's a great car, my dad has had two of them. :yes:

Cool, nice example of a GM that can also belong in to the Extinct Car Society.

I personally would have just kept/driven that super-stylin' Datsun Camper!

That thing had "pu$$y-magnet-n-portable-love-shack" written all over it. :D

Thanks y'all! :)

Good luck! I'm especially partial to Intrigues... but watch that Autobahn Package, they've been known to eat brakes.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cool, nice example of a GM that can also belong in to the Extinct Car Society.

I personally would have just kept/driven that super-stylin' Datsun Camper!

That thing had "pu$$y-magnet-n-portable-love-shack" written all over it. :D

The Datsun had a quirky charm...but it just had to go. Prince George's County was ready to take us to court over it.

Congrats on your Oldsmobile. You will enjoy your car and you will never forget your first car. You run it, pamper it and it will take care of you as you take care of it.

Congrats to you on your purchase. They seemed to have used all the Oldsmobile slogans here but this one. It's A Good Feeling To Have An Olds Around you!

Thanks, y'all.

Some more pictures:

The world "Oldsmobile" is on this car in one spot: the radio head unit. I decided to change that.

frame1ym8.jpg

Dad took the engine cover off and sprayed some degreaser on the block. It made a tremendous difference (Mom thought my valve covers were made of some sort of armor. :lol:).

005oj6.jpg

Inaugural snowfall, probably first snow that the car's seen outside of Pennsylvania.

002zx4.jpg

Short story: when getting onto the road today at a spot with a notoriously small merge zone, I got the car up to about 4200 rpm. Maybe it's just because this is the first sedan in my family since our '87 Celebrity EuroSport got totalled and I'm used to heavier vehicles, but the 3800 generates tremendous thrust when asked to. Inferior engine my foot.