Luguna may be a good place to see the ZR1 this weekend

hyperv6

Here is what was in the Pratt and Miller Hauler going to Laguna this weekend.

Posted Image

This is for sure not a C6R. It might be interesting to if Chevy takes a few laps in a ZR-1 for the crowd before the race to show a little Street Power. I can only imagine what the Vette team may have cooked up so it may be worth watching.

Posted Image

Also from our friends at Badboyvettes.com they got to do the graphics this week on the cars. The web sight is the unoffical racing fan sight for the team [i suspect many of the Pratt & Miller team members are on the site].

Any way the race team mascot Jake [the skull] is on both race cars this week. Jake is normally on the bumpers but he gets the whole car this time.

If you have a chance take a look at their website at badboyvettes.com and see come neat racing action and appearal.

Posted Image

Edited by hyperv6

Update: the ZR-1 did turn some laps in public at Laguna.

The car was brought out in public with no fan fair and ran a few laps off for the crowd.

Winding road has some photos as well as Motor Trend.

There is some camo on the hood but you get the idea of what to expect. The car in ther youtube video look to be runnig very fast and the car looked to jump a little in the corners but it was on street tires and was at the limits.

Note there was some camo in the rear window and it had what might have been a little diferent looks on the glass. Not sure what they were hiding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is just way too cool. That thing is pretty damn planted, and the speed was pretty incredible going down the final stretch. I was starting to get a little worried when the ZR1 didn't come out of the corkscrew immediately, but then it returned in full force. Can't wait till this car is officially unveiled.

I am not sure on the lap time but I saw someone timed the video at 1:38 based on the video. With muliple shots the time can vary.

This compared to a Daytona Riley Pontiac prototype runs a 1:25 and a Ford GT at 1:52 with a non race driver behind the wheel.

I hope someone will get a accurate time that was at the track and it will give us a clue for what to expect.

that...looks...really...WIDE! Is it just me, or does that car look wide, even by Z06 standards?

Beautiful by the way.

The rear looks wider and for some reason it looks like the rear is slanted up more. It looks like the whole rear is geared for more downforce.

It just looks like there are a lot of small air management things they have done to give the car better high speed stability.

that...looks...really...WIDE! Is it just me, or does that car look wide, even by Z06 standards?

Beautiful by the way.

The rear 1/4's on the ZR1 are wider than the Z06 to accomodate the wider rubber .