"The revision of Buick's sedans is complete"

wildcat

"The Day," a newspaper in New London, CT, has an article summarizing the changes in various makes for 2006, including Buick. What initially burned me is their wording "The revision of Buick's sedans is complete . . . " but, hopefully, they merely mean complete as of '06. Edited by wildcat

Buick's sedan line-up for almost 10 years has been Regal/Century & LeSabre/Park Avenue, so the LaCrosse & Lucerne do make a full revision of sedan remodels. LaCrosse equals Century & Regal. Lucerne Equals LeSabre & Park Avenue. The comment has nothing to do with adding an additional sedan or continuing refreshes/updates for existing models.

Well I hope they do something about the base engine in the LaCrosse/Allure.  I was at a dealership today and one drove by me on a test drive, the thing sounded like a wheezy 4 cyl.  Just awful.

[post="27878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I really think you're nitpicking too much. There isn't anything "vulgar" about the sound of the 3800 in the LaCrosse/Allure. It may be a little louder or sound different in comparison to whatever your perception has lead you to believe, but no one could be that dense, narrow minded, or snobbish to literally become offended by the way the 3800 sounds (inside or outside of the car.)

"Awful" is just way too strong of a term to be justified.

Now all Buick needs to do is bring back the Riviera coupe, a full size rear drive called Roadmaster, install the 3.6 DOHC in the Lucerne as base engine. They should also bring back the Century as a lower price model with bench seat and 211 hp 3500 V6 and save the LaCrosse as the bucket seat floor shifter sportier model for the high end. And give the LaCrosse more distinctive front and rear end treatments.

"The Day," a newspaper in New London, CT, has an article summarizing the changes in various makes for 2006, including Buick.  What initially burned me is their wording "The revision of Buick's sedans is complete . . . " but, hopefully, they merely mean complete as of '06.

[post="27615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think they meant; as in; Buick needs more than just 2 sedans. (Which I would agree-they need at least 3 cars)

Buick needs two more sedans, from where? A decontented LaCrosse and a rebadged Cobalt? Maybe a Zeta car, but how many can Australia ship? And won't it look like a GTO 4 door? Meanwhile Dephi is bankrupt, GM is "junk bond" status, and money is bleeding. Badge engineering is dead, and it's not the 60's anymore. Buick is pretty much Pontiac's roomate, and only if GM can make money like the "good old days", can more Buicks that are not rebadges be produced.

Now all Buick needs to do is bring back the Riviera coupe, a full size rear drive called Roadmaster, install the 3.6 DOHC in the Lucerne as base engine. They should also bring back the Century as a lower price model with bench seat and 211 hp 3500 V6 and save the LaCrosse as the bucket seat floor shifter sportier model for the high end. And give the LaCrosse more distinctive front and rear end treatments.

[post="28196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Adding more vehicles to buick is the last thing GM wants to do and should do.
Having too many models is the reason why current Buick sedans are soo blah. There's not enough money to work on one or two really good sedans.
I think what Buick should do is drop the minivan, the rainier, and make their flagship car RWD.

Buick needs two more sedans, from where? A decontented LaCrosse and a rebadged Cobalt? Maybe a Zeta car, but how many can Australia ship? And won't it look like a GTO 4 door?

Meanwhile Dephi is bankrupt, GM is "junk bond" status, and money is bleeding.

Badge engineering is dead, and it's not the 60's anymore. Buick is pretty much Pontiac's roomate, and only if GM can make money like the "good old days", can more Buicks that are not rebadges be produced.

[post="28678"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm not sure if you're referring to the article or what but the article isn't saying Buick needs 2 more sedans, it's saying it has 2 new sedans. I don't know what you mean by "decontented LaCrosse" because decontented isn't a word and Buick has not even considered making a rebadged Cobalt. Nobody here with reliable source information even mentions it because it was pretty clear the LaCrosse was going to be Buick's base vehicle.

The GTO is from Australia but it is not a Zeta vehicle. There are no current Zeta vehicles out, and if Buick were to get one chances are it will be a coupe/convertible so it will look nothing like a GTO, and it won't even have 4 doors.

I hope this clears some things up for you. It even seems Buick is actually dropping their badge-engineered vehicles such as the Rainier and the Terraza after their lifespan is up. Buick is exactly where they planned to be at this time whether thats a good or bad thing they're not in some crazy mess that you were trying to make.