Motortrend - 2008 Accord vs 2007 Camry Comparison Test

frogger

So, aside from the transmissions and the increase in the Accord's size, the cars are virtually fraternal twins.

Oh yeah, Frogger, that's a MT comparo, not C&D like you have in the topic title.

Edited by Lamar

I truly hope that the mandarins in the RenCen are pouring over this article and doing their own comparisons. The upcoming launch of the Malibu had better be flawless. I want to see C&D to a comparison six months from now and have the Malibu WIN. GM needs that kind of a break to stop the unerring assault of Japan Inc.

Glad the Camry lost. I am happy. Car and Driver will give the Camry second too, as it has been on their ten best list how many times. The Camry hasn't made it once. (Correct me if I am wrong!) I think each of these cars is ugly I like the 2007 Accord much better. I would get an Altima if I HAD to get an import sedan. Honda why did you ruin the Accord?

I truly hope that the mandarins in the RenCen are pouring over this article and doing their own comparisons. The upcoming launch of the Malibu had better be flawless. I want to see C&D to a comparison six months from now and have the Malibu WIN. GM needs that kind of a break to stop the unerring assault of Japan Inc.

The Malibu will not win in a C&D comparo. They'll pick on the fact that it's V6 albeit larger, produces less hp, or the gauges are smaller, or the materials aren't as posh as in the Accords, or the fuel economy numbers... both the Camry and Accord V6 trump the Malibu in numbers... if it's the same as the 2008 LaCrosse CXS, they'll be 17/25. Hardly competitive.

The Malibu's gonna have a tough time, especially in the interior department...I hope those materials are up to par.

The Malibu will not win in a C&D comparo. They'll pick on the fact that it's V6 albeit larger, produces less hp, or the gauges are smaller, or the materials aren't as posh as in the Accords, or the fuel economy numbers... both the Camry and Accord V6 trump the Malibu in numbers... if it's the same as the 2008 LaCrosse CXS, they'll be 17/25. Hardly competitive.

Close 17 city / 26 hwy

Honda why did you ruin the Accord?

If only we knew :( They used to have bland, but handsome exteriors. Now it's just...weird and ugly and its always either the front or the back, but not both for most people. Ya know, the more I look at the new Accord interior, the more I like it. Damn, that always happens to me. At least they didn't ruin the inside and trumped the Camry(not that hard of a task).

Based on conventional wisdom, it will be Accord first, Malibu second, and Camry third.

Edited by empowah

Based on conventional wisdom, it will be Accord first, Malibu second, and Camry third.

The Camry seems to be taking 3rd or worse place in just about every comparo lately. It makes me wonder if it really is that overrated, or just backlash from being number 1 in sales for so long. Or both.

The Camry seems to be taking 3rd or worse place in just about every comparo lately. It makes me wonder if it really is that overrated, or just backlash from being number 1 in sales for so long. Or both.

I think it's really that overrated. There's absolutely nothing about it that's exciting. Perhaps acceleration on the V6 model is good for a midsizer, but other than that, it doesn't do anything that well.